It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protest in front of CNN/Los Angeles re Government Bailout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Folks,

We need to get away from our computers and take this to the streets. I'm currently very busy with my job (as are many of you), but this financial mess is too important to neglect. The ones in charge are obviously screwing us left and right. Paulson cannot be trusted! I don't believe he's acting in the nation's best interest. He is still looking out for Wallstreet and doesn't care about us. I, for one, have heard too many lies and cannot, and will not take it anymore. WE NEED TO ACT NOW AND SHOW THAT WE THE PEOPLE DO NOT ALLOW A FINANCIAL CZAR TO RULE OUR NATION. We need transparency and full accountability on all levels. We are being robbed by our very own banks !!!

What really scares me is that they're not even trying to hide stuff anymore. They are counting 100% on our fixation on Britney.

I have absolutely no experience in organizing anything. But I know that I cannot look in my son's eyes and do nothing about this situation. If we don't stop this now our children will suffer and pay a very high price for this. I don't want to be a silent accomplice. We need to act now.

I live in Los Angeles and want to organize a protest regarding transparency and accountability for the government bailout.

The address is:

CNN
6430 W Sunset Blvd # 300
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323) 993-5000

Will anybody join me on Monday, November 17 2008 at 8am?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Good luck with your protest. Sorry I can't make it.

Love ,

Snuggles

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
God speed OP, I won't be able to attend (living in GA) but hopefully you'll get enough people there to make our voice heard. I may not be able to do anything right now, but I do know that once I move, I do plan on looking up some of my local militias.

The only advice I can give you is the quote from ID4 (and also part of a famous poem) "Don't go quiet into the night, we will not vanish without a fight, we're going to survive!"

heck, just watch the speech, it might inspire you:

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Question]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nichiren

I have absolutely no experience in organizing anything. But I know that I cannot look in my son's eyes and do nothing about this situation. If we don't stop this now our children will suffer and pay a very high price for this. I don't want to be a silent accomplice. We need to act now.

I will pray for you, we need more people like you all over....I fear for my children as well and will do what I can here.....................Good luck Nichiren.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
While I do applaud you for your decision to protest, especially such a heinous crime as is being perpetrated by this government, I do not understand your choice of location. Protesting in front of CNN would make it likely that you would be televised, but generally from what I have seen people protest in front of the agency which they do not agree with. It may send mixed messages protesting in front of CNN, people in general as well as the news agency may think you are protesting CNN, and thus would probably not send anyone outside to cover it.

But like I said originally, protesting is a good idea at its premise. I would not try to convince anyone not to, but I truly believe that the only thing that protesting can do is make more people aware of your beliefs. Those in power would not give up said power for anything short of a direct threat on their life or lifestyle, so I very much doubt they would change for protestors.

With that being said, it is more important, in my opinion, to get the word out to every American citizen. Many people are upset about the bailout and have been since it was introduced, but out of those who are aware of it and are angry there are a small group who actually realize the full extent of the damage caused by this bill.

If you are truly interested in organizing a protest I suggest humbly that you take the proper time to do so. Gather support locally, hand out fliers, share information, do so for a decent amount of time and then have your protest planned. By all means you can continue your current path, but I do not know how much it will change things. If you spend the time and effort into making this protest memorable, I believe you will have better luck.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nichiren

I'm with you! When and where is the next protest? i missed the last one. I live in L.A. Weekends will be easier to rally more troops cause leaving work right now to protest probably isn't the smartest thing. I can get atleast 10-15 people to show on a weekend. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join