It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AmEx Requests $3.5 Billion bailout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This financial crisis is just getting worse by the day

American Express Co. which is being hit by slowing consumer spending and rising defaults, is seeking roughly $3.5 billion in taxpayer-funded capital from the federal government, according to people familiar with the situation.

The card issuer is the latest company not directly hit by the housing crisis to request cash from the federal government. While retailers, car companies and others hit by the slowdown in consumer spending haven't gotten the government money, financial firms of all kinds are getting federal bailouts.

Source:
online.wsj.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is f'ing sickening. Yet they will make people like me pay back a little bit of overpayment from unemployment insurance because I needed the extra bit to survive and pay my rent. I also work two jobs and contribute to society and the economy. Yet these f'ing conglomerates can get bailouts and lazy f'ers can sit home, pop out more kids, and collect food stamps and welfare. I must be the dumb f'k for actually trying to earn my own living. It makes me so sick to my stomach that I want to go kill something.

[edit on 11/12/2008 by pjslug]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yup. And to top it off. The people who are defaulting, will get sued in civil court and have there wages garnished a year or two from now when things are better.

Double shafted!!

Makes me sick. So sick that I want a revolution. Im tired of this stupid flippin government. I hate Bush,Clinton, I hate Obama I hate them all. Purveyors of misery and giveaways. Burn all of you. Our Discontent is growing.

join