It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Apocalypse USA, Day 8

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Check this out!

‘We’re in real bad trouble'

Video: CNBC’s Jim Cramer discusses whether bailouts for homeowners and the auto industry are a good idea.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Is it better to post everywhere in ATS the news what are pumping up from this great concern and issue?

This is also a way for those who dont like discuss from daily events in economics, to turn their eyes elsewhere. You can always Ignore this thread, and keep your self in other important issues in ATS.

Otherwise we, at least I, would be posting all sections in ATS, and then that would be a mess... This is the way to keep this issue somehow in chains, and way to help moderators in their important work.

I think this many times, before I open this new kind of "Online" thread series... I suggest you just ignore these threads, if you dont like the style its managed.

Stop The War

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I feel sad from your story... Tone is dramatic, like life can turn itself. You just cant make these up!

I am very sorry what you are witnessing, and thats why this alarming thread is out... People have to wake up to realize, that bad dream is coming true now.

And get their self ready, every way they can!

Maybe there was hope in elections, but sure there are no hope in tomorrow...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
NEWSROOM AT 12

Credit losses may surpass 10 percent of U.S. GDP

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Credit losses from the financial crisis may exceed even dire estimates of $1.4 trillion, or more than 10 percent of U.S. economic output, according to the chief strategist of research firm CreditSights.

www.reuters.com...

Commentary: Shelter from the storm

VANCOUVER (Reuters.com) -- Investors who followed the Wall Street maxim to "sell in May and go away" are looking pretty smart right now.

www.reuters.com...

- This must be a joke, uh? No. It was on breaking news...

7 Rules to Follow If You're Laid Off

1) Stay calm. When you get your layoff notice, no matter whether it's expected or not, or how it's done, remain calm. Don't get riled up, and think before you say or do anything. If you're agitated or upset, you may do something unadvisable.

www.foxbusiness.com...

Paulson: Rescue package not for automakers

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson called autos a "critical industry in this country" on Wednesday but said the government's $700 billion financial rescue program wasn't designed to help automakers.

biz.yahoo.com...

Morgan Stanley to Fire More Workers as Economy Slows

Nov. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Morgan Stanley plans to fire 10 percent of its institutional securities staff and 9 percent of the firm's asset-management group as the economy contracts and client demand wanes.

www.bloomberg.com...

Running on empty, GM's fate is debated

As General Motors burns through cash, edging its way toward possible financial collapse, a growing number of analysts have said bankruptcy might be inevitable. GM insists such a move is out of the question, and as the debate roils, people on both sides point to two past scenarios for lessons.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

US automaker Ford asks German government for help

The US automaker Ford has asked Berlin for aid but the government is divided on the question of how to help Germany's key but troubled industrial sector, a press report said on Wednesday.

rawstory.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
You are kidding right?

A thread for each day, with the same title but incrementing the day?

Forum moderator please. This is ridiculous.

Not ridiculous, more like "essential". All the OP is doing is what should be done, i.e. create a timeline of each's day's events in relation to this global collapse, underway now. ...In so doing, this allows people to look back at what was happening each day, and certainly the OP is doing a good job keeping his threads full of info, so
looks fine tome. ...What else should ATS be doing at this point in time?

Those who would agree with your position are perhaps saying that all the other threads crated daily are superior to JanusFIN's threads here? I'd say 90% of the threads created each day do not have this poster's insightful analysis. What would you say the actual noise-to-signal ratio is, at ATS?

I for one am enjoying these threads and JanusFIN is correct about much. I'm not going to vote because I don't care to take delight in this, I don't hate America and I feel sad for what's happening, but if you are saying these threads are useless, I am asking you what is more important than this?

JanusFIN: You mentioned that at this time the elites in the US face a choice of aligning themselves to the NWO which seems likely to move its seat to Moscow for the reasons you mentioned.

This means that the gung-ho American military folks who know about the NWO will then fight to keep the NWO in America? I would like tohave you explain a bit more how you see things playing out.

You analysis is true, in that America has been softened by soviet brainwashing in the school and universities. That much we do agree on. Have you been to Russia or Moscow? Do you speak of the Soviet people because of your knowledge of them culturally? I think they hate the party bosses as much as the common American hates their leaders also. Do you agree?

Thanks for mentioning the double headed eagle, because the symbology is so very clear. I think you are onto something big here.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
look

if America is going to have a depression it's meant to be

We always were going to have it

We always had it

and it is necessary because it happens

you can b1tch and moan all day

you can't stop the train

the trains already left the station its just a matter of time

tick

tick

[edit on 12-11-2008 by ConservativeJack]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
Not ridiculous, more like "essential". All the OP is doing is what should be done, i.e. create a timeline of each's day's events in relation to this global collapse,

And when hes wrong, you will have spent much of your time worrying about worry. Knock yourself out.Have a double helping brother.

There are those that have screamed doom and gloom over the ages, and its men with vision that change the course of the world.

Try a blog.

Peace

[edit on 12-11-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

There are those that have screamed doom and gloom over the ages, and its men with vision that change the course of the world.

Not sure how to read that, but I guess those men with vision get the girls too, right? How can I be one of those men? Sounds fun to change the course of the world. I want to know more, please enlighten me. And what do you mean by "vision"? Is it the vision to see into the past, or the future?

If you are saying that through history, econimic systems like the one we have today, have existed, then you are wrong. The transistor and the PC have made money invisible and electronic. Money is almost perfectly like a religion now, for it is FAITH that is now the essential component.

"You cannot slave for God and for riches." ...But is that Uncle Sam who said that? Noo, Uncle tells his people the exact opposite. Uncle tells us we MUST slave for a paycheck if we are to be sheeplike, god-fearing American citizens. If we lose faith in that maxim, America will be turned on its head. Seems like a bit of a disconnect there.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

Not sure how to read that, but I guess those men with vision get the girls too, right? How can I be one of those men? Sounds fun to change the course of the world. I want to know more, please enlighten me. And what do you mean by "vision"? Is it the vision to see into the past, or the future?

If you are saying that through history, econimic systems like the one we have today, have existed, then you are wrong. The transistor and the PC have made money invisible and electronic. Money is almost perfectly like a religion now, for it is FAITH that is now the essential component.

"You cannot slave for God and for riches." ...But is that Uncle Sam who said that? Noo, Uncle tells his people the exact opposite. Uncle tells us we MUST slave for a paycheck if we are to be sheeplike, god-fearing American citizens. If we lose faith in that maxim, America will be turned on its head. Seems like a bit of a disconnect there.

what are you talking about man

you are very incoherent

its disturbing that YOU think we can understand what you are trying to say about Money and Religion being the same thing.......................

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
its disturbing that YOU think we can understand what you are trying to say about Money and Religion being the same thing.......................

Really? Sorry. I don't want to confuse you.

You need faith for both, don't you? What is faith? It is defined as "The assured expectation of things hoped for, though not yet beheld" ...Well at least that's one biblical definition. So the point is whatever you have faith in, is invisible, but you still believe in it.

Yeah well, money is just as invisible as any other God, these days. do you understand that part? That you don't have money, but rather, electronic notations in the banks servers? It's all faith-based. If one day, they tell you that you bank is closed, will your faith in the bank be enough to feed you? So what I am saying is that once people have a monetary system based on faith, it essentially becomes a religion because it is removed from the world of the real, and the demonstratably true, and enters the world of imagination.

But all these people for whom money is the center of their world, they also don't see that their faith in money is equated to faith in a God, so you are not alone. Please let me know how I can make this analogy more clear for you. The NWO is based on a Luciferian one-world government, as has been mentioned in countless threads, including this one. Let's start there. Do you think a one-world government would NOT have a one-world currency? Surely they must, right?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

[edit on 12-11-2008 by HIFIGUY]

Those men aren't always good.

And look into a little something called PROBLEM, REACTION, SOLUTION.

I'm sure they'll have a solution to this financial crisis... And it might be the Amero... or hell, it might be an RFID chip implanted on your forehead.

Are these the types of visions you speak of?

After the Reichstag Fire, Hitler had a great vision.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

Thanks from support!

I really like to continue with this situation in NWO today, and you gave many interesting questions to the table.

This means that the gung-ho American military folks who know about the NWO will then fight to keep the NWO in America?

Keeping US army united will be one of the most difficult tasks in whole operation, when moving it to under new employer. For doing that more easy, its made to be only mercenary force. Why US have large amount of bases around the world? And even National Guard is based outside US? Answer to that, gives a chance from being obstacle, to be an option, when time come for great changes. Its not based to US, so its not eminent threat to coming coup.

I think US Army has nothing, or just little to say in political agenda. "Obey, dont ask" is the mentality for all mercenary:"The one who pay your salary, is the one you care about, no matter if its red, blue, green or yellow man." US Army will be streched over its capability all around the world, so it cant harm their own land. Those who will resist straight orders, or retreat from their duty, will be dismissed and thrown to jail, its simple. If there comes ask for forces to join to some kind of civil war, or coup, we see already some forces taken to be ready to "secure" the government in US soil...

Obama will not resist this agenda, and I not see anything witch truly back up his words from "loving" USA or its citizens. Those who can resist this coming collapse and polar shift are "the patriots" who see that there is still some value in US constitution. But we all see how they are treated in case of Ron Paul. If they are soldiers, they are useless in civil causes. Will US forces fight for NWO? Yes they will, if its an order. And from two bad choices its shown to them as smaller one: Brainwash and false flags.

Have you been to Russia or Moscow?

Yes I have been several times, about once in a year over ten years now. I have visited countryside, in small and large cities. I know many russians, and once I have even visited Russian Army base, and drive there T-80 Main Battle Tank there, and shoot with all Russian Army guns... I have make trade with them, and spend many night with Russian lady.

With my experience, I have nothing bad to say about them. They are like any of us, but they can party much better... I havent experience any security problem, and I have been out everywhere there... Also they focus on words more than westerns, if you say something, you should keep your word! Deal is a deal, and you dont need a piece of paper make that to be true. They are very civilized in their contacts, and gives huge value to social life and friendships. Family is strong, and mother is the head of state.

I think they hate the party bosses as much as the common American hates their leaders also. Do you agree?

Disagree. I havent met anyone who says bad from Mr Putin, or this government. Not in Russia, our outside from it. (I have born and live my life in neighbor country) They made lots of jokes from Jeltsin, and hated him, but toward Putin I have seen only respect and well thoughts.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm sorry to have to say this, but you don't know enough correct grammatical English to keep this going very well. It is hard to understand you. Perhaps you should let someone translate what you write into the Queens English.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

I think they hate the party bosses as much as the common American hates their leaders also. Do you agree?

Disagree. I havent met anyone who says bad from Mr Putin, or this government. Not in Russia, our outside from it. (I have born and live my life in neighbor country) They made lots of jokes from Jeltsin, and hated him, but toward Putin I have seen only respect and well thoughts.

But what about your posts in my other thread where you agree with Yuri Bezmenoff who says that Russian people's hate the bearucracy and hate Stalin/Marxist bosses? You think they DON' T hate the party bosses? This is where I disagree. I see them as the same chained slaves as the US common folks, chained by a different system maybe, still had its origins in New York tho (that's where they Hid Trotsky before the revolution).

Tell us more!

Thanks for providing more detail about what your experiences have been, it surely lends credit to your thoughts here!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
I'm sorry to have to say this, but you don't know enough correct grammatical English to keep this going very well. It is hard to understand you. Perhaps you should let someone translate what you write into the Queens English.

I disagree completely with your snobbery.

I think that people who learn English as a second language often have a better grasp of what words are needed, to express their thoughts, tho "sometimes they talk like russian stereotype".

If you can't follow someone who made the effort to learn English as a second language, then even as a native English speaker, you don't know English.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

Dont mixxed up USSR and Russia together, its totally different country than it was in time of Yuri, everybody who have been there, or done business with them, knows that as a fact. After USSR it has become more free market and capitalist country than USA have ever been. Everything is for sale, without moral values.

In very short period it has rise up from poorness, to great glory, and success. And people thank Putin and its government from that. Moscow is the most expensive city in world, and that will not come, if people cant afford to it...

Even in my country people look Russia still who they did look USSR. But to understand Russia, and its people, you have to look time before USSR, and to its very long history as western country, then you understand where their self-esteem is based on. USSR was just short period of time in their long history...

Now they look to their capitol, and feels how "Double Headed Eagle" has reborn. And truly, they have nothing to shame on their past, and when they educate them self, like us on here, they will shame it even less, when they realize that it was all made against them in London. You get the point?

To understand that value of interview with Yuri, you should put it to this aspect. He clearly warns USA not to come like USSR was. There is no USSR anymore, but still USA make them self today like it was! Thats doomed future US is heading... To learn future, we have to look to the past.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Speaking of Russia, Russia is falling off a cliff.

Telegra ph

Russia's central bank has raised interest rates a full percentage point to 12pc to prevent a collapse of the rouble following a day of mayhem on the Moscow markets, prompting concerns that the financial crisis may be spiralling out of control.

"The devaluation has begun," said Lars Christensen, Russia strategist at Danske Bank.

"The rouble has fallen out of its basket against the euro and the dollar. Russia is facing a serious confidence crisis and this could set off a self-fulfilling panic. What is clear is that economy is slowing drastically."

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
TOP HEADLINES FROM AFTERNOON DAY 8

Wall Streeters seek work while drowning sorrows

NEW YORK (Reuters) - As the financial crisis bites deeper, laid off Wall Street employees used to fielding calls from head-hunters or hearing of jobs through their contacts are searching for new ways to find work.

www.reuters.com...

U.S. 2008 oil demand to drop most since 1980: EIA

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The weak U.S. economy will slash America's oil demand this year by 1.1 million barrels per day, or 5.4 percent, the first time annual oil consumption will fall by more than 1 million bpd since 1980, the federal Energy information Administration said on Wednesday.

www.reuters.com...

Wall Street Bonuses Expected To Come This Season Despite Bailout

With the financial industry on the receiving end of a massive bailout by the government, one would assume Wall Street wouldn’t be paying out bonuses this year. Well think again.

www.foxbusiness.com...

The United States of Bailouts

Why not declare to the Federal Reserve that you and your family now face “unusual and exigent circumstances” and that you would now like to register with the government as “Home Sweet Home Bank”?

emac.blogs.foxbusiness.com...

Yum Brands says it is cutting several hundred jobs

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- Fast food company Yum Brands Inc. says it will eliminate several hundred jobs and shift a couple hundred more as part of a restructuring of its U.S. business.

biz.yahoo.com...

Dimon: Recession could be worse than market crisis

"We think (the recession) could be deep; we don't know how deep," Dimon said. "We think the economy could be worse than the capital markets crisis."

biz.yahoo.com...

Ford Says 9 Plants to Be Idled by 4th-Quarter Production Cuts

Vehicle-assembly factories in Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Missouri, Kentucky, Ontario and Mexico will be affected, Angie Kozleski, a spokeswoman for the Dearborn, Michigan-based automaker, said today in an interview. The facilities have about 23,000 production workers, according to Ford's Web site.

www.bloomberg.com...

Steel Stocks Posting Losses During Wednesday's Trading

(RTTNews) - The steel sector is experiencing significant selling pressure during Wednesday's trading. The sector-wide weakness comes on news that AK Steel Holding Corp. (AKS: News ) is temporarily shutting down its plants in Ohio and Kentucky.

www.rttnews.com...

- How many factory and lost jobs was announced only in this post... Fast count about 11 factory, maybe 50 stores, and 25 000 people? Who still keeps the book?

Situation in Dow, when about 50 minutes left...

Wed 12 Nov 2008 | 15:08 EST
DJIA 8,356.09 -337.87

- "Ouch."

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

Yeah, but if this is a battle from who will hold on longer, they now can start to take some debts, because now they have none, but largest amount of gold, funds and resources they have, to back up their loans with low rates.

Every investor is looking opportunity to borrow them money! But there is no need to that right now...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by anachryon
Speaking of Russia, Russia is falling off a cliff.

Yes, but did they (like other victims) trustingly and knowing buy valueless US treasury and Fannie and Freddie debt securities because they thought Americans would actually be able to pay their mortgages? ...Or did they buy these financial instruments knowing that the US would default and that Russia would then have a better claim onto US property? A crude analogy would be a person who "pretends" to be operated on and cooperates until the moment when the scalpel is being raised, and who then rises from the table, grabs the scalpel and stabs the surgeon with it.

Seems logical in the world court that as the truth about credit derivatives plays out and corporate-bosses start being strung up in these other countries (tanking the price of oil like they seem to be doing right now, will not go well with the arabs I think), then maybe Russia will say, "Okay, we'll take Alaska, because that's about equal to what you all word-breaking non-paying greedy capitalists cost us" ...It wasn't so long ago that the US was powerful enough to buy swaths of land from other hard-times nations, and that includes Alaska bought for a song and a dance. Who knows what could happen if ties between England and US are planned to "sour" and then a London/Moscow alliance rises? Where does Canada play out in such financial alliances?

What I am saying here is that if JanusFIN is correct in his analysis, and Putin has the respect of his people, then he can blame that crisis on America, along with the countries mentioned above --this is true if they knew treasuries would tank or not, but scary if they knew the answer was yes because it recommends the question, "What next? What will they want from America since we are all refusing to keep our word (walking away from mortgages).

The crisis is global, but I think that in this game of global-financial-"musical chairs" it could be the US's fat butt which can't be fit onto a chair. We'll be lucky to have one butt cheek on a chair when this music stops.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by smallpeeps]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join