It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Memories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I really don't know how to explain this, I don't know where to even start. I joined this website because someone here may be able to help me. I've never written about this before and i've certainly never told anyone. I guess i've been too embarassed. Let me get to the point.

Lately i've been having "memories" of events that i don't recall at the time having. The memories of strange aircraft(?) and of meeting someone that wasn't quite human. Memories of strange lights where there wasn't supposed to be any lights. I'll relate what i can "remember" as best i can.

It was the Summer of 1972. I was 13 years old and i was staying a few weeks with my cousins out in the counrty. I mean out in the sticks, nothing but dirt roads and farm land. It was about 9 PM and we were walking down one of these dirt roads, about a mile from the nearest farm house, when we noticed some lights out in the woods where there shouldn't have been any. Well needless to say, we jumped the ditch and climbed a fence and went into the woods to investigate. We got into the thick of the woods and we could see lights of all colors shining out in all directions, we could hear strange humming noises, and seeing people, figures, just outlines of who ever walking about in the woods. You couldn't make out what they were or what they actually looked like because of the brightness of the back light. The last thing i remember is of one turning toward us. The next thing i remember is lying on the side of the ditch we had jumped earlier. I remember having a strange feeling and goose-bumps all over. But it was a peaceful, tranquil feeling. It's a hard feeling to explain or describe. All i can say is i felt rested, happy and at peace.

Now i know that sounds contrived or made up. I didn't even remember this until about 6 months ago and for some reason it just "came" to me out of the blue. I don't know what "triggered" it. But now whenever i think of it, i get the distinct feeling that it wasn't the only time that happened. I have thought about going and getting hypnotized or something, to see if i can recall anything else. But i'm afraid of being labeled a quack or crazy. But i'm not crazy! (said the insane man!) Seriously, i am a normal person, or so i'd like to think. I go to work every day, I'm a Master Electrician, I'm educated with an Ass. degree. I go to Church. I'm almost 50 for goodness sake. But i honestly believe that it was an encounter with other worldly beings. I don't know who to talk to about this, that's why i'm here i suppose.

I'd like to think i'm not alone. That other people have had the same experience. But is it normal not to "remember" for 37 years and all at once "recall" something like that? Has this happened to others? I have talked with my cousin and he doesn't remember anything, or so he says. But i got the feeling he just didn't want to talk about it.

Now i want to know, what's next? how do i deal with these questions i have in my head? i'd really like to remember more. I'd really like to know what happened to me that night. Who were these "people"? has anyone heard of something like this happening where you were happy and at peace afterward? Seems all you ever hear about is someone being tortured or test ran on them or being abducted. Has anyone had a peaceful experience like this? I never really thought i believed in all the abductions and such before, But now, I wonder if that's what happened to me.

I'd appreciate any comments. Any thoughts as to what happened or who they were or if you've heard of anything like this would be welcome. I may sound like a crackpot, but if you knew me, you'd know that i am actually just an every day Joe.

I hope i explained what i was trying to say ok since this is the first post i've ever made. I just want answers. Thanks for letting me express myself here.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Honestly yours is one of the more compelling testimonies I've heard on here for a while. I really hope you're telling the truth. I usually just dismiss stores like this as disinformation and/or hoaxes. But I'll bite, and I won't even play the Devil's Advocate. I am truly intrigued.

You say you just, out of the blue, recently remembered something that happened 37 years ago. Usually people block things out because its their subconscious protecting them from remembering a traumatic event. Perhaps these "beings" did something to you, and induced that state of happiness, to cover the fact that they did things to you? Perhaps your conscious mind made you think you were happy, when in reality (what your sub-conscious mind would have remembered), you were harmed?

Honestly, I hope they were "aliens" (performing some sort of invasive test), because the potential alternative (molestation by human, or something of that nature), is unsettling to think about.

Regardless of my speculation, you have come to the right place to discuss this. There will be naysayers, people who have shared your experience, people who haven't shared your experience and want to help, and people who haven't shared your experience but want to talk about it in general (me!)

[edit on 11/12/2008 by prototism]

[edit on 11/12/2008 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
you know, this seems pretty genuine in context for emotion and what have you. you are in the right place for discussion, this is a great read. i'll be watching this thread.
sounds like a peaceful, seemingly harmless abduction doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I appreciate your reply. I'm just a regular guy trying to figure out what's going on.

My memories did just "appear" out of the blue. although i'm certain something had to have triggered my recall, i honestly can't put my finger on what caused it.

I've tried to concentrate on what i can rememebr to see if i can fill in any other details, but it seems to only come in small little "snippets".

I thank you for what seemed to be a compliment(?), i can assure you that i am being truthful.

There is so much i don't know myself. It's quite possible that something traumatic happened and i've blocked it all these years. But my inner self, my instinct tells me it was pleasurable and not intrusive. But i could be wrong and you could be right, they may very well have "installed" the feeling of peace and tranquility. But how would i know the difference?

there are small (or big) details i recall that i didn't put in my orginal post. I didn't think to add them while i was writting and neglected them. For one, the time frame, that was a biggy i omitted. The time we went into the woods was about 9 PM. the time i recall lying on the side of the ditch was about 10:15. there was about an hour and 15 minutes i couldn't account for. sorry for the omission, i am new at this.

As far as being credible, you'll have to be the judge of that. All i can do is try to find answers.

Thanks for the warnings/ advice about other people on here. I expect a lot of people think everything is a hoax or every one is lying. I expect the naysayers.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
My thoughts are ones that comes from someone who hasn't experienced something like what you did. Hopefully those who have will come one here, and ask their questions, and add their informed opinions on the subject matter.

I'll say it again. I have no reason to doubt you, and it's good you came here. The nature of this site is to be open minded, and we have plenty of open minded members here, some more than others mind you, but open minded nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tennvol1

Hey there Tennvol1,

You explain yourelf very well ... and rest assured you are certainly not the only one !

When I had my experience back in 1996, I could recall very little info initially, of what I'd been shown and told at the time ... the rest has since come back to me (almost like it was on some kind of 'time release' system if you will).

Like yourself I had only ever mentioned my experience to a handful of people who I trusted (and I'm pretty certain they thought I'd finally lost it, but humoured me nonetheless).

Also like yourself I am a very grounded and logical person ... who never jumps to conclusions but I KNOW my experience was the real deal, just as you do.

Unfortunately there are so many hoaxers/charlatans out there that it shines badly on the rest of us.

One of the main reasons I joined ATS was to get some feedback on my experience and if you are interested you can read my threads - part 1 & part 2 - (links in my signature). ATS Expert - jritzman - took a particular interest in my account and had the details analyzed by another expert, who's report was extremely interesting. (These details can be found somewhere in the last few pages of part 2).

One piece of advise I will offer however is DO NOT have any kind of hypnosis in an effort to retrieve your memories ... trust me as a Pastlife Regression Therapist I know what I'm talking about. Even when used by a reputible therapist, hypnosis can plant suggestions that will create false memories. I never use it on my clients when they are trying to retrieve PLM for that very reason ... leave the hypnosis for the 'stop smoking & lose weight' sessions or if you have a phobia you need to get rid of !!!

If you have any questions I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Woody

top topics

join