It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient 4,300-year-old pyramid discovered in Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Ancient 4,300-year-old pyramid discovered in Egypt

www.breitbart.com

Husni said the pyramid, five metres (16 foot) tall, is believed to have been 15 metres tall when it was first built for Queen Sesheshet, the mother of King Teti who founded the 6th Dynasty of Egypt's Old Kingdom.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Interesting what you can find under buried sands. The article doesn't state anything on how the pyramid was discovered, just that it had been and an an entrance was found... Article doesn't have much info. Does anyone know any history on Egypt's 6th dynasty? A search for Queen Sesheshet turns up mostly just links to news articles about this pyramid.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
read also here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think it is interesting search as well

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I had read this article earlier this morning and was excited about it.
As for the discovery of this pyramid, it has taken approx. 2 years for this discovery and it is the 118th of total discoveries of pyramids thus far in the research and investigation of there being more pyramids than once though to be.
I am anxiously awaiting to her if they get to a none breached room of this new find and what could possibly lay behind long sealed door's.

Heres a site I found on the 6th dynasty, it does not mention the afore mentioned name, but ti does acknowledge that there is more facts coming to serface of there being more to this story of this find.

All kings of the 6th dynasty, except for Merenre II and Nitocris, are attested by archaeological sources. Merenre II and Nitocris are only known through the king-lists and Manetho. No known monuments give there names and they are not even mentioned in inscriptions of high officials.

Because the king-lists often give Merenre II the same titulary as Merenre I, it is believed that at least his titulary may be the result of a mistake.

www.ancient-egypt.org...

[edit on 113030p://5974 by Allred5923]

top topics

join