It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting - What the hell did I see?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hi All

When being driven home from school a few days ago, I noticed something very strange in the sky. It was about 4:40PM GMT. At first, it looked like a Boeing 747. It had the same shape with the distinctive humped nose. When I looked closer however, it didn't appear to be moving. It was at an altitude low enough for me to make out smaller details on it, yet it wasn't moving at all. At first I assumed my eyesight was going, but both my brother and my mum confirmed it. It was very shiny as though it hand't been painted. Has anyone seen something similar to this? I spotted it between Bricket Wood and the Garston area of Watford, England on Tuesday 30TH March 2004. If you have any more info, or you have seen something similar, email me at [email protected], or reply to this message. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I didnt see anything, is this the first time youve seen somthing like this?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
yeah. and im sure i didnt imagine it as both my brother and my mum confirmed it. my bro even got out of the car to check that it wasnt some kind of reflection or trick of light in the car window.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thats interesting..maybe it was some kind of baloon. Where i live there are often like car showrooms putting up big silver blimps etc to promote the place somtimes they dont have anything on them there just silver.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
im pretty sure it werent a balloon. there are no big businesses in the area, and the thing look too much like a 747. the only other explaination i can think of is that its something the engineers are playing with from the research institute about 2 miles away. if they are its not their normal line of work as they do research into alternative power supplies etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It could be that the stationary effect was just an illussion. How long did you observe the object for? Also if you were travelling it does n`t seem unlikely that the object may have appeared to be stationary compared to you.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
It could be that the stationary effect was just an illussion. How long did you observe the object for? Also if you were travelling it does n`t seem unlikely that the object may have appeared to be stationary compared to you.

That's what I was thinking as well. I've seen this many times actually. Always with low flying jets like that. It's an illusion that happens because both the plane and the car are both moving and it looks like the plane just hangs in suspended animation right in the sky.

However, you say your brother got out of the car to get a better look, right? Because unless you mean he jumped from the car while it was still moving and continued to roll at about the same speed while looking at the plane, stopping for a look should have ended the illusion. When he got out to look, did he spend a good 10 seconds at least to verify if it was moving? Cause once you stop moving, you should then see the plane flying like normal.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
"However, you say your brother got out of the car to get a better look, right?"

Sorry to be dense but where does he say that?

And a question for joeblack, can you estimate how high the object may have been???

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by cassini]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeBlack
yeah. and im sure i didnt imagine it as both my brother and my mum confirmed it. my bro even got out of the car to check that it wasnt some kind of reflection or trick of light in the car window.

Cassini, it's a few posts up from my first one.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
If the MiB's show up at your front door asking questions, you didn't see anything.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Could have been an airship.
Front on, they look pretty much like a 747.
They travel slowly so could give the appearance of being stationary.

Watford is also the HQ of the British Balloon and Airship Association.

Although you state it might not have been a balloon because of the shape, this isn't really a good enough reason to refute a balloon. They come in all shapes and sizes. There are balloons that have been built to resemble everything - from flying castles to aeroplanes.

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by Leveller]

top topics

join