It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

americas going to war with north korea: Army recruiting Korean linguists...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
www.worldnetdaily.com...

it says that the army is recruiting korean linguists and it made me think...

why???

were gunna have a war soon!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised.
They were conducting wargames in South Korea this week. They are definetly stepping up their presence there. North Korea did not like it.

YONGSAN GARRISON, South Korea � The USS Kitty Hawk, the U.S. Navy�s oldest active ship, pulled into port at Pusan on Monday to participate in a major exercise starting Sunday, officials said.

The aircraft carrier, which began a spring cruise Feb. 18, will be part of Foal Eagle/RSOI, said Maj. Carol Schmidt, U.S. Forces Korea spokeswoman.

It�s the first time since October 2000 the Kitty Hawk has taken part in the exercises.

Foal Eagle/RSOI, involving both U.S. and South Korean servicemembers, is a computer war simulation that includes troops maneuvering in the field. Command officials would not comment on the part the aircraft carrier will play in the exercise.

www.estripes.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This will become WWIII yet, eh?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hmmmm. I recall the US Intel community has been chastised for not having enough Arab language translators, now that in hindsight we can see that they were needed.

At least we are preparing for things and not just hoping they won't happen...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Hmmmm. I recall the US Intel community has been chastised for not having enough Arab language translators, now that in hindsight we can see that they were needed.

At least we are preparing for things and not just hoping they won't happen...

Hopefully that is exaclty it. Not to mention things are gonna change (maybe) after the election if bush loses, and there wont be a war before then, I think all enemies at this point are waiting to see whos in charge after NOV. Because no one (no matter what they say) wants us to send our army over there. and I think they have a better shot with Kerry for it not to happen. So they will wait at least till after Nov

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Kitty Hawk eh

there was a few blurbs on coast 2 coast AM last night,

it seems that the NEIN [northeast intelligence network]
->link with Steve Quayles' site->

has been getting Chatter on different Arab Forums about the Kitty Hawk being a possible target!

But your right, even if nothing happens in the next year,
it's still better to have linguists & translators available now

i think the US is stretched too thin now
without adding another theatre of operations !
NK or Taiwan or Phillipines to name a few

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
This will become WWIII yet, eh?

Lets hope not. Last thing we need is more war, death, and destruction.

TPL

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Were ships sent to the Gulf in late 2002/early 2003 for training exercises?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
Were ships sent to the Gulf in late 2002/early 2003 for training exercises?

There were already operations going on in Iraq before March 2003.
There were active before 9/11 also.

www.globalsecurity.org...

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a war with n korea was bound to happen, i'm not at all surpised here.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
A war with N. Korea is probably unavoidable. Kim says he has 2 nukes, and is trying to build more. The only thing that will prevent this is if Kim dies soon (it is reported he is in bad health). I say we need to step up preperations and this is one way to do that. I think that our best course of action though is to involve China as much as we can, as this is more their "turf."

The biggest problem with going to war with N. Korea is that they have thousands of artillary pointed south from the mountains, so Seol will take heavy losses in the first days. Anyways, I think this is a good thing, so that we can better gather intel and what not.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
More threats from North Korea:

North Korea has threatened to strengthen its "nuclear deterrent force" and take a "decisive countermeasure" against US plans to deploy a destroyer in waters off the Korean Peninsula later this year.

Washington plans to deploy the destroyer, fitted with sophisticated surveillance equipment, in Japanese waters off the Korean Peninsula in September as part of a ballistic missile defence system.

A North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman condemned the move as "the most outright hostile act" against the North, its official KCNA news agency reported.

North Korea "will increase its nuclear deterrent force in every way and take a decisive countermeasure for self-defence when necessary in order to avert a war and defend peace in the Korean Peninsula and the rest of Northeast Asia," the unidentified spokesman said, without elaborating.

www.theage.com.au...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
My buddy just got called up (by the navy) there heading toward the far east unknown location of coarse , hes a bit freaked out about it.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
With America not leaving Iraq any time soon, war is on the distant horizon. Especially since there has not been any troop mobilization. Unless the U.S. government has a much sneakier plan...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
We cannot afford to have a war with N.Korea.
The US forces are already stretched far too thin around the world.

If we go to war with N.Korea, there is a chance that a snowball effect could happen and with China in the region, we are not going to let that happen. The US and China have far greater to gain by being friendly with each other.

N.Korea is the dysfunctional kid on the block left over from communism and the US and China will find a way to difuse the situation before things get to crazy. There is too much at stake for them to let Lil' Kim come between them.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
WooHoo!
Bring it on it will be a walk over.
Its inevitable under the psychotic leadership of Nth Korea.

The best part about it is once the war is won there is no crappy rebuilding phase like in iraq, its just in and out.

The South Koreans are banging on the door to get in there and they will clean up the mess.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This is silly just cos they are recruitinng linguists doent mean America is going to war, did you ever think that it could be purely for intel reasons.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
1st is not this year election year ? another war would certainly bring a "lot" of votes for Mr Bush, this itself explains why war with N.Korea is nonsense
2nd North Korea unlike Afghanistan or Iraq actually has defense and offense capabilities which means that there would not be hunderds of us soldiers dead but thousands or more likely tens of thousands, I dont think that american people would be happy about it
3rd why to go to korea at 1st place ? who cares that there is a REAL threat (unlike Iraq) ? there is not oil/long time buddies(Israel) to protect nor anything else of value except destroying few/several nukes and thats obviously not enough otherwise us soldiers would be in N Korea long time ago
right now its more unlikely than ever be4 that us would go anywhere for quite some time, at least till the election

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The military needs linguists all the time. Althou i see it as possible to have more conflict in the future with N Korea and others, right now is not a good time.
BTW, what makes people think that by having Kerry as president things will change that much?

Kerry is a member of skull and bones, the same group that Bush is a member of.

When someone becomes president they are given briefings about situations around the world which they didn't know about before, and remember that president Bush and others have made mention of a "shadow government" and Reagan's speeches have sometimes hinted at a NWO.

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
ive heard someone say we are just surrounding russia. we have to get the mideast out of the way first.

seems like suicide though, unless for some reason the eu backs us , otherwise we opening the gate for them to take everything

top topics

join