It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Apocalypse USA, Day 6

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ok... When I was replying to my ATS Member Friends comment, I came from lunch break to huge (-) Minus situation... So, 150 Billion to Greenspan, and remarkable China Boost didnt help our "Boys In Dow" to keep situation in green level...

In predictions, does that means, that I am now in winners side?

No, if I predict something bad, we can only loose something together, and that is something what I dont like. This is the main reason why I hate to make bets anyway, I can never win, because it teaches you to enjoy from others suffer. I dont enjoy my wins in bets, because I suffer too much from losses.

Bets learns only brutality!

Mon 10 Nov 2008 | 12:28 EST
DJIA 8,892.12 -51.69
Nasdaq 1,626.36 -21.04
S&P 500 926.24 -4.75

Still, day continues...

EDIT:

Arabic League is crying... All the gains made in weekend... Now lost.

Mon 10 Nov 2008 | 12:45 EST
Oil 56.73 -1.09%

[edit on 10-11-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by zman

I have live my life with Nobles, married with one. I sure you, they dont have home country, thats only for public, and way too unsophisticated to even think so. Do you think that Noble raise for hurray, if somebody wins, because he is from some country? Really?

They have each others, and world is made for them. If one of their yards has to go, so what? There is allways places more nice for their childrens to grow. I could talk about this issue for 5384 characters more, but I rest my case in here.

But I will talk with you more if you want...

Dont let go your hope, it has its great value!

Hi my friend. I understand that some have to live up to their standard of living no matter what happens to the rest. That is a fact. I have lived a long and properous life, not wanting a masion or a expensive car, I take that back I had a Mercedes 500 sec that was great. I had a home in SC that was cost effective. But life does put a grinder into ones plans and sometimes needs to be thought out before actions. I never wanted to be better than anyone else, although I was in some ways that way. But I learned there is always someone who will be better than you. Made me reflect more. Made me take other people opinions and qaulties to thrive for. But not to help others was not in my genes. Seems I got the raw end of the stick there. But I have compassion, and that helps me understand other views that I would not have for my own. Just being out for yourself and not for others seems so wrong. Maybe my wanting to learn about all things has me study too much and not understand that Nobles as you call them, want to control my outcome. I am happy to live here, as I do have some freedom that others do not. That is learning what I want when I need to learn what I want to learn at the time. In my high school there where people like me who died too soon in life. When they see that I am still alive they are amazed. My theme song in high was born to be wild, weel according to our yearbook. One has to know when to be and when not to be wild, good thing I learned that early. But for nobles who want to control will be enentually replaced. It is getting to a point that people will eventually will be striving for liberty, freedom. But the world is made to agree and disagree. Which is why we have conflict.I have had very rich friends, and understand which side the forks and spoon goes on the dining table. But reallity is now, and not some gloom and doom story that may or may not happen. And if it where to happen, understanding what to do in a given sitituation should be learned. We can not predict when the quake or earth finally flips its poles. We can only be prepaired for the worse and hope for the best.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Dear Diary,

Dow is heading down after lunch... I went to headline news to figure out why?

Wall Street dips as economic worries take over

NEW YORK (AP) -- Wall Street erased an early rally Monday as enthusiasm about a $586 billion stimulus package in China fizzled and gave way to nervousness about how U.S. companies will survive a severe pullback in spending.

biz.yahoo.com...

U.S. Stocks Retreat as Earnings Concern Overshadows Stimulus

Goldman slumped as much as 10 percent after Barclays PLC said the rout in stock markets may drag the investment bank to a fourth-quarter loss. General Motors Corp., which last week said it may run out of cash, plummeted 23 percent after Deutsche Bank AG said the automaker's shares may go to zero. Google Inc., the biggest seller of online ads, sank 4.9 percent on concern fourth-quarter revenue growth will stall.

Global losses from crisis to reach $1.4 trillion: Goldman

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Worldwide losses from the credit crisis will total $1.4 trillion, of which only $800 billion have been realized so far, Goldman Sachs U.S. chief economist Jan Hatzis said on Monday.

www.reuters.com...

GM shares hit 62-year lows after broker downgrades

DETROIT (Reuters) - Shares of General Motors Corp (GM.N: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) tumbled 24 percent to 62-year lows on Monday after analysts downgraded the automaker, citing cash levels that may fall below the minimum needed in the first quarter of 2009.

www.reuters.com...

General Growth Leads Latest Slide In REITs

BOSTON -- Real estate stocks were lower in midday trading Monday as an exchange-traded fund tracking the sector, SPDR Dow Jones Wilshire REIT ETF , slipped nearly 7%. Among real estate investment trusts, General Growth Properties Inc. fell 24%, ProLogis shed 15% and Developers Diversified Realty Corp. was down 20%. REIT stocks have traded lower this year on deepening economic fears.

www.foxbusiness.com...

Not good news, but not single witch will tell straight reason... I think its because GM is going down, and Goldman just gave warning of 1.4 Trillion dollars... THATS HUGE AMOUNTS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT! ( Not even war in Iraq has cost so much, and there is 1 million already dead! )

But, like we talk in beginning, lets look to the "end of days" ...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Companies who have went over seas to do production of product have found out that they need a buyer for their product oh my.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zman

Your writing gave me warm thoughts, thanks. I keep talking something...

Its very ruthless to live just under cold facts, as much I have wanted to learn to understand them, those make you feel smaller, weaker, and growing hunger for moments of understanding just keep you in robes... Truth is medicine, but also very bad dope... All I can say.

But truth is visible only in moments, thats why I keep this diary now. Peoples forget, and then reality, and moments are buried under growing lies, and forgiveness. I want to remember these moments, what we share right know. and touch the moment, real truth what is around us, before history judges all of this to under some sarcastic headline.

Alone We All Are - Catching The Truth Down Here...

Just, Stop The War!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
In this "chill" mood is good to publish,

QUOTES OF THE DAY 6!

"There's still a lot of fear out there."
said John Wilson, From Tennessee-based Morgan Keegan

"Even if GM succeeds in averting a bankruptcy, we believe that the company's future path is likely to be bankruptcy- like,''
Deutsche Bank AG analyst Rod Lache

"We had a nice movement on Friday. But the fact is, we haven't been holding rallies very well,"
said Scott Fullman, director of derivatives investment strategy for WJB Capital Group.

"This calls for a large amount of economic stimulus,"
After estimated of $1.4 trillion losses, Goldman Sachs U.S. chief economist Jan Hatzis

"Redemptions are clearly accelerated and we're not immune,''
Noam Gottesman, GLG chairman and co-chief executive officer

"It's your money; it's not the Fed's money, of course there should be transparency.''
Said billionaire Ted Forstmann, senior partner of Forstmann Little & Co. in New York.

"Taxpayers have a right to know where their tax dollars are going, but one piece of information standing alone could undermine public confidence in the system.''
Talbott said.

"HAVE A NICE DAY"
winners:

"We are through the worst and the turmoil should be gone by the end of November.''
Gary Vaughan-Smith, co- founder of London-based SilverStreet Capital LLP

"I don't think the hedge fund model is broken,''
said Jaeson Dubrovay, head of the $19 billion hedge-fund group at Cambridge, Massachusetts-based consulting firm NEPC LLC

Patriot Of The Day:

“We don’t have people coming to us and saying we got them into trouble. We kept them out of trouble,”
said Adams, president of Evergreen Federal Bank

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

reply to post by zman

Your writing gave me warm thoughts, thanks. I keep talking something...

Its very ruthless to live just under cold facts, as much I have wanted to learn to understand them, those make you feel smaller, weaker, and growing hunger for moments of understanding just keep you in robes... Truth is medicine, but also very bad dope... All I can say.

But truth is visible only in moments, thats why I keep this diary now. Peoples forget, and then reality, and moments are buried under growing lies, and forgiveness. I want to remember these moments, what we share right know. and touch the moment, real truth what is around us, before history judges all of this to under some sarcastic headline.

Alone We All Are - Catching The Truth Down Here...

Just, Stop The War!

You really think they will loose their mind and produce the war to end everything?. I think they may. When it gets down to it, it us or them attitude it will come to it. They can only do this is short period of time allowd. Other wise, people will eventually come forth and change the outcome. And it would be not to the best interest of them who have. I even bet there are plans to do so , for there eventual replacement. But you are right the market is taking a small hit today, but the metal proces are kind of stable.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Mon 10 Nov 2008 | 14:21 EST

Reuters Breaking News

GM to cut production in North America and idle 5,500 hourly employees 2:03pm EST

No more information yet available. Edited when comes report...

EDIT:

GM to cut production, idle 5,500 hourly employees

* Says production cuts to result in idling of 5,500 hourly employees
* Says to record a charge of at least $300 million in Q4, 2008, for capacity actions
* Says have started providing materials for the Strasbourg transmission plant
to interested parties
* Says GMAC will cease wholesale originations to dealers in Australia, New Zealand by December 31 and transition out of business
* Expects $1.4 billion cash expenditures for 2008 capacity reductions in U.S.,
Canada of which $0.1 billion to be spent in 2008, $0.6 billion in 2009, $0.7
billion beyond 2009

www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Movie Of The Day 6

Jeff Rense Proudly Presents,

David Dees,

"INSIDE JOB!"

www.youtube.com...

I hope you enjoy this amazing 5 min video!

EDIT:

1 hour to go in Dow, doesnt look good for today either...

Mon 10 Nov 2008 | 14:49 EST
DJIA 8,828.24 -115.57

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Great little video there.
Sad but true.

It seems they throw us maybe 2-3 up days a week lately.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by MetatronCubensis]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
When we are waiting to shotdown in Dow, its good time to look at...

BLOGS AND ARTICLES OF THE DAY 6

Three Trends Driving U.S. Toward Economic and Dollar Collapse

TREND #1: Falling Tax revenues . Every month of job losses and every company that fails results in more lost tax revenue. In 2007, the government collected $2.568 trillion from taxpayers. It will be less this year and next.

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

Greenspan and the Gold Standard: Thinking Out Loud

By framing the debate between regulation and free markets (Waxman and all the other Democrats versus Greenspan) they totally miss that we can't have free markets without a gold standard and that every paper currency throughout the 5000-yr history of man has failed -- wow that is some track record. The real issue is the gold and we are certain to come learn that lesson very soon now, and it is going to be tragic and painful. Read Greenspan's own words... before he sold out to fiat currencies and then to free markets...

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

A Financial Meltdown 30 Years in the Making

In less than two weeks Congress lined up $700 billion to bail out the nation's bankers, leaving millions of homeowners on the sidelines, facing foreclosure, bankruptcy, or both.

www.alternet.org...

"U.S. Taxpayers Got a Raw Deal"

Of course, unlike taxpayers in China, where bailout money is being used to pay for" low-rent housing, infrastructure in rural areas, as well as roads, railways and airports . . .

georgewashington2.blogspot.com...

Renowned economist Mikhail Khazin : U.S. will soon face second “Great Depression”

All these years, I kept Khazin in the back of my mind, and followed his career as he spoke at various conferences throughout Russia. He seemed certain the U.S. was teetering on the verge of an economic collapse, while other analysts were quick to refute his theory. Now, as his once unfathomable prognosis begins to come true, KP contacted Khazin for an interview.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Paulson's Folly

The Treasury is injecting another $27 billion into AIG and raising the taxpayers’ investment to $150 billon. Secretary Paulson appears more intent on helping his pals on Wall Street than protecting taxpayer interests.

www.counterpunch.org...

Ok, here is my represented blog findings for today! I hope you get some well education from those.

20 minutes to "Bells In Dow" ...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
When day 6 is coming to its end, there is not much light for tomorrow in moods of this afternoon...

Analyst Whitney sees Wall St. pain ahead

"We have an industry that was intermediated by the broker industry now get re-intermediated by the banks. That's a seismic (shift)," she said. "That means there is less capital around. So the industry just shrinks."

www.reuters.com...

And when Industry shrinks, it will draw jobs, banks, homes, services... All the way down to Apocalyptic future> To Day 7.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
END OF DAY 7

Yeah guys, I was almost right after all... It was just before closing in -171, but suddenly Dow raises again just ahead of closing. But, like I said earlier, there is no winners in this doomsday game.

Make your bets ready for tomorrow! ( I will star all the nearest bets in coming days, this time the star went for me! So, please, can somebody star my post, at least once?
)

- Boys In Dow... "Not a good start for a week"

Mon 10 Nov 2008 | 16:09 EST

DJIA 8,870.54 -73.27
Nasdaq 1,616.74 -30.66
S&P 500 918.05 -12.94

- Arabic League... "Still suffering"

Oil 58.92 +2.66%

- Smart Guys United... "Very slight up..."

Gold 745.6 +1.57%

So here was all for today, at least by me, see you again next horrific day of Economic Apocalypse USA!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Movie Of The Day 6

nice one. nice thread too. star and flag for you.

by the way, I spoke to one friend working in the bank on a pretty high level and he just confirmed that whatever are going goverments to do now, the whole system will explode in close future. they are now focused on gaining as much as possible and they will not even try to make it softer for us.

we are going to see the things we can not imagine at the moment.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join