It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush's Legacy and Obama's Transition by Seeing the Glass as Half Full

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
At first I was going to title this thread The Essentials of a President. Along the same lines I decided to just tackle it by listing Bush's accomplishments and how Obama came to be the democratic nominee, looking at it primarily by seeing the glass as half full.

George Bush ran a successful election campaign, catering to those Americans and only those Americans that do go to the polls and vote.

He led his country to war with Iraq, primarily at first with good intentions.

He showed that being a university dropout isn't a be all and end all. He continued his education through experience in politics throughout his career.

He ran a successful re-election campaign. He goes on to enjoy his stay at the white house longer than Bill Clinton.

He brought together a lot of Americans primarily through there shared views on the yellow ribbon fund.

He is a president that got things done.

His take on foreign policy was dealt with being ethnocentric and indifferent to other cultures. It was watching Arabs on tv going to the polling stations for the first time that got Americans here to vote for Obama.

Voter turnout , phone calls made, and text messages sent ultimately got Obama president.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
While I think Bush entered the presidency with good intentions, he allowed some pretty wicked people to hi-jack his presidency.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Although I have to disagree with alot of the statements you made about bush, I do agree on the point that "Obama's Transition by Seeing the Glass as Half Full" will be his greatest strength.

He has the ability to do some great things for us all right now.
I can't speak for the world but as far as the people I know, everyone is tired of the fear mongering.

They are sick of presidents making decisions on their behalf based on how bad the world is, and the differences between us, rather than how good it could be, and what we have in common.

Our leaders DO have a responsibility to protect us from the bad things in this world, but I don't believe that their every move should be based on chicken little style "the sky is falling" policies.

Let's just hope that he doesn't allow himself to be hijacked by the same people who brought Feurer Bush over to the dark side.
(That is of course, if he hasn't already been brought over...)

[edit on 9-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
Our leaders DO have a responsibility to protect us from the bad things in this world, but I don't believe that their every move should be based on chicken little style "the sky is falling" policies

[edit on 9-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

Our so called leaders are really not ours. By know we should realize that time and time again our so called leaders are bought, dismissed as radicals, killed, jailed or corrupted by all kind of agents, but mostly by corporate interest. Instead we have created the term politician, it is not a leader.

The president is a Politician, who's main focus "should" be, to advance equality as a force; the tough part is that he should do it without infringing too much in the "economy's fraternity" or in our Freedoms as a culture.
President Obama by himself will buckle time and time again against pressure to maintain the current status of the nation as an Imperial Power. Without a similar pressure from consumers directed at corporations to act according to ethical business standards, the President becomes a boxer without gloves in the fight against inequality.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by LoKito]

[edit on 16-6-2009 by LoKito]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by websurfer

What University did George W Bush drop out of?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Bush graduated from Yale in 1968 and Harvard Business School in 1975.

Calling someone a college dropout when they are not.....

new topics

top topics

join