It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old West UFO's & Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hey guys, I was just wondering if ya'll ever heard any tales or anything about people encountering aliens or seeing ufo's in the old western times here in the states.

I've seen ancient paintings and stories about ufo's alien ect., but never stories from the old west.

I'd appreciate any info ya'll got, pics would be nice too.

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

But it may be explained:
www.rense.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Saw this on a history channel show a while back , pretty intersting read en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Sunket]

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Sunket]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Im no expert but that looks like a movie set with a fake background.The link in the post above says parts of the movie was shot on a back lot and some on location.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yeah, the Aurora Incident is the only one I can think of. It was kinda at the end of the Old West era. It's an interesting question, though. I've never really thought about it. Compared to a lot of other eras, there does seem to be a conspicuous absence of UFO/Possible UFO sightings.

You might have better luck looking into possible sightings made by Native Americans. I would think they would be more likely to notice something like that and record it.

I'd actually be interested to look at whatever you may find. I may look myself.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
There's the The Mystery Airship of 1896

www.unmuseum.org...

Just some guy ahead of his times?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well, I heard this story once and it was not during the old west but close enough. It dealt with Teddy Rosevelt and his rough rider's. As I remember they were chasing some outlaw's through a canyon and ended up at a cave entrance. There was a shoot out and Teddy and his men were victorious. But, upon entering the cave they found more than just dead outlaw's. Inside were a small fleet of what we call flying saucer's and their pilot's. The Grey's. I don't remember what happened afterward's but suffice it to say Rosevelt may have been the first president to become aware of an e.t. presence. Sorry the rest of the story allude's me.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
There's the The Mystery Airship of 1896

www.unmuseum.org...

Just some guy ahead of his times?

No, I don't think he was ahead of the times.

The first hot-air balloon was flown in 1783 in Paris, France. It's not too much of a stretch to believe that some educated folks in the US had extrapolated the "airship" over 100 years later.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

Check out this link:

www.ufoevidence.org...

Is this the type of stuff you're looking for?

[edit on 9/11/08 by Majorion]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
Hey guys, I was just wondering if ya'll ever heard any tales or anything about people encountering aliens or seeing ufo's in the old western times here in the states.

I've seen ancient paintings and stories about ufo's alien ect., but never stories from the old west.

I'd appreciate any info ya'll got, pics would be nice too.

-Lahara

Ancient paintings and story's yes.
But ive never seen any from the wild west.
You would think people like billy the kid and the likes, sleeping out in the desert under the stars.
Would have drawn many pictures and written many accounts of seeing weird things flying through the sky.
It would seem however that during this time, people were more concerned with shooting other people and stealing money.
Than they were with anything else.
This could be why they didn't pay attention.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Sort of, I'm interested in descriptions and the story behind the pictures more though.

There have been some great contributions though.

I forgot about Aurora Texas, that whole incident is full of conspiracy and cover-ups though.

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion

Check out this link:

www.ufoevidence.org...

Is this the type of stuff you're looking for?

[edit on 9/11/08 by Majorion]

i just looked at these pictures in that homepage

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Dear Lahara,

I read an account of an anchor of an airship getting caught in railroad tracks. Now what gets me about this one is that it is reported in the local paper of the time. Now if it was a hot air balloon or the like; who was it and why wouldn't people know about it.
I read a lot so I am not sure whether I read it in Gods of Eden by William Bramley or The Occult by Colin Wilson. I will try to find the source for you. It was about 120 years ago.

Your ATS friend
Merenst

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Just a little trivia for those questioning the probability of a model saucer created by special affects people less than 100 years ago. John Dee in the 1500's created a mechanical flying beetle for a production of Aristophanes's Pax. Do not underestimate the creativity and ingenuity of the individual

www.kanteiya.com...

Sincerely
merenset

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yes - there were a great deal of historic reports, including published newspaper articles from the 1800s that confirm sightings and encounters with flying objects and such. The book "Close Encounters of the Old West" is a work of fiction, but the appendix to the book lists a number of these published reports. The electronic version of the book does not have as many resources in the back of the book, but the trade paperback does. It will be available on amazon.com by May 18. Here's the link to the book:
closeencountersoftheoldwest.com...

Enjoy.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

top topics

join