It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undetected fire in Nuke Silo..... o.O

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

DENVER - A fire caused $1 million worth of damage at an unmanned underground nuclear launch site last spring, but the Air Force didn't find out about it until five days later

Link

Sorry if this is old news, I did search.

I find this interesting, how close could this have been to a Nuclear fall out

The fact that nothing was known for 5 days is quite concerning....

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yeah, a little four-letter word came to mind when I read the "Undetected fire in Nuke Silo" title. To call this terrifying would be an understatement. So, folks, it looks like death by nuke might very well be as imminent as many of us thought, but might not be coming from any intentional effort. Good. I feel so secure now.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If the fire was hot enough to melt into the fissionable material then it would be a problem. It would not set off a blast but would or could cause fallout from any smoke that escaped the filters in the air system. I still find it hard to believe that the interior warning systems did not trigger an alert. Very curious!!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
After recent events, you have to question whether this will mark the 'loss' of another nuclear warhead?

How many is that now?

Edit to add: Or is this another example of what the Russians used to call 'rusted paint'?

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Maxmars]

new topics

top topics

join