It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Office spends over £20million on TV advertising in five years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Home Office spends over £20million on TV advertising in five years

w ww.telegraph.co.uk

The Home Office has admitted spending tens of millions of pounds on TV advertising in the past five years, in the wake of a scandal about "secretly-funded" documentaries.

The Tories said the cash should have been diverted into paying for more police on the streets.

Home Office minister Phil Woolas admitted £20.3million had been spent on TV advertising over the past five years, excluding fees, VAT and production costs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So the UK government has been caught making propaganda.

I'm not talking about the TV advertisements as you can tell they are produced by the government, but I am sure their are more cost effective methods of getting the message across to the public.

I even wonder if the advertising is needed most people know the dangers of smoking, drinking and drugs.

Also do the government need to produce TV advertisement to recruit police offices, does this happen in other countries?

What the home office have been doing is producing documentaries which people are led to believe are produced independently and provide a fair and balanced viewpoint.

Are the government relying on most people not thinking when they watch television and believing anything they see?

w ww.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

join