It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son allegedly attacks mom in MySpace altercation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Son allegedly attacks mom in MySpace altercation

apnews.myway.com

HAYDEN, Idaho (AP) - An 18-year-old Hayden, Idaho, man was arrested late last week after allegedly stabbing his mother when she forbid him to use an Internet social networking site MySpace. The teen was charged in 1st District Court with aggravated assault after his mother said he cut her wrist.

The mother said she confronted her 6-foot 2-inch tall, 320-pound son, after which he became aggravated and packed his belongings to leave their home.

Police said he pulled out a black and silver knife from his pocket as she tried to take his cellular telephone charger from him and cut her on the left wrist.

The teen then rode his bicycle to a location nearby, where he was later detained by police without further incident.

He was released from Kootenai County Jail on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
this is completely ridiculous. has it really got to this point where teenagers are attacking their parents because of myspace. im 16 but i don't support myspace. i find it stupid and a waste of time. i know others who take it pretty seriously (starting fights, asking people out) but not like this. who the hell would have thought that the day would come where kids stab their own parents over a #ing website.

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is ridiculous, I agree, but I believe it is an entirely aberrant event. I wouldn't imagine any normal teen would be triggered by such a thing; I suspect there are underlying issues with this boy.

Some will disagree, but I'm not seeing a link between this story and the general teen population.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
i guess she wasnt on his top 5

top topics

join