It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama To Ask Al Gore To Be Climate Change Czar?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The internet is buzzing with the prospect that Barack Obama may ask Al Gore to become part of his cabinet. While some activists are pushing for Al Gore to be appointed head of the Environmental Protection Agency, others are giddy over the idea that Al Gore could become the first "climate change czar" that Barack Obama has dropped hints about creating:

thepoliticaljungle.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I like how now it's not "Global Warming" but "Climate Change".

Are there people out there who still take Al Gore seriously?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It's shifted to "climate change" because of the misconception that every place will experience heating. Even with an overall global temperature rise, regional areas may be affected differently.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Actually I see it as a good idea, and why not, is not like Gore will be planning wars behind the American citizens.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't even think Al Gore takes Al Gore seriously anymore. Being married to Tipper doesn't help matters any.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I can see Al Gore now... He is the guy with the tiny cubicle in the corner and a shiny RED stapler on top of his ever so neat desk. His Nobel Prize will be displayed on top of his two drawer(he won't need more than two) lateral file.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Robert Kennedy is gonna be the EPA head.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Are there people out there who still take Al Gore seriously?

Not after that episode of southpark...

Marbearpig is real.. Im super cereal.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Oh yes, there are many. The carbon-tax scam is a global opportunity to further externalize costs along the materials economy, allowing more of the money to flow in its 'intended' direction - away from us. Of course, this only works in a socially-engineered consumerism structure, where the only function of the citizen is to continue to consume profitables.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I thought he'd ask Ahhnold. Hmmm, either way it's going to result in Carbon Taxes!!! The scam of global warming/climate change or whatever you want to call it was dreamt up decades ago by the Club of Rome & CFR, et al. Here's some good info:
www.crossroad.to...
Anybody catch this story?
wattsupwiththat.com...
Gore was there with his snow gear on

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Id bet a lot of people take Gore seriously. Perhaps some of the voters that put about 20 or so more dems in the congress, that put obama in the white house? that added about 6 more seats in the senate.

id be willing to bet some of those voters, like me, take him seriously

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I'm glad someone takes him seriously. I should rephrase that. I take him somewhat seriously as a politician but not as a climatologist. Our nation is full of far more qualified and true experts in the field that would make better candidates than him. If he truly gets the nod, it will be out of pity. Gore is nothing more than a mouthpiece and apparently a "jack of all trades". Didn't he invent the Internet??

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

So is what I'm hearing then that Climate Change beliefs are a political stance? Like abortion, taxes, gay rights, etc? I find that very interesting that you are openly admitting it's a liberal agenda.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Well I do find it a recurring theme that most green issue states are blue.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It's hard to take Al Gore seriously as a "Climate Change" expert when his mansion's (20 room, 8 bathroom) electricity usage was shown to be 20 times larger than the electricity usage of an average home.

www.businessweek.com...

Also, this site says a $30,000 utility bill from his mansion.

Armed with Gore's utility bills for the last two years, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research charged Monday that the gas and electric bills for the former vice president's 20-room home and pool house devoured nearly 221,000 kilowatt-hours in 2006, more than 20 times the national average of 10,656 kilowatt-hours.

abclocal.go.com.../national_world&id=5072659

[edit on 7-11-2008 by sos37]

[edit on 7-11-2008 by sos37]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Do we even NEED a climate change Czar?
Al Gore? Yeah right! How about someone that knows a little something about the climate....like a climatologist
Let's let Al go on about his business...you know...inventing the internet

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Gosh this a tired old story. thinkprogress.org...

The right-wing is angry that Al Gore has won so much public attention and goodwill for his work on global warming. Determined to smear his efforts, Drudge writes in a screaming headline: headline Responding to Drudge’s attack, Vice President Gore’s office told ThinkProgress: 1) Gore’s family has taken numerous steps to reduce the carbon footprint of their private residence, including signing up for 100 percent green power through Green Power Switch, installing solar panels, and using compact fluorescent bulbs and other energy saving technology. 2) Gore has had a consistent position of purchasing carbon offsets to offset the family’s carbon footprint — a concept the right-wing fails to understand. Gore’s office explains: What Mr. Gore has asked is that every family calculate their carbon footprint and try to reduce it as much as possible. Once they have done so, he then advocates that they purchase offsets, as the Gore’s do, to bring their footprint down to zero. It’s the latest in a series of desperate attacks by Drudge to paint Gore as a hypocrite. Some other examples:

Yawn...

[edit on 7-11-2008 by bknapple32]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Please say it aint so O

Al Gore is the biggest joke.
Just something new to tax everyone on

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This would be the same as asking the three blind mice to umpire the world series.

gore is a rebel without a clue here. i doubt he would accept it. He knows that he doesn't know anything about it.

of course, that didn't stop him from making a movie.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by sos37

Gosh this a tired old story. thinkprogress.org...

The right-wing is angry that Al Gore has won so much public attention and goodwill for his work on global warming. Determined to smear his efforts, Drudge writes in a screaming headline: headline Responding to Drudge’s attack, Vice President Gore’s office told ThinkProgress: 1) Gore’s family has taken numerous steps to reduce the carbon footprint of their private residence, including signing up for 100 percent green power through Green Power Switch, installing solar panels, and using compact fluorescent bulbs and other energy saving technology. 2) Gore has had a consistent position of purchasing carbon offsets to offset the family’s carbon footprint — a concept the right-wing fails to understand. Gore’s office explains: What Mr. Gore has asked is that every family calculate their carbon footprint and try to reduce it as much as possible. Once they have done so, he then advocates that they purchase offsets, as the Gore’s do, to bring their footprint down to zero. It’s the latest in a series of desperate attacks by Drudge to paint Gore as a hypocrite. Some other examples:

Yawn...

[edit on 7-11-2008 by bknapple32]

Desperate attacks? His house was this way back when he released "inconvenient truth" and was preaching to everyone else about global warming.

Fact is, he made all of these cleanup measures AFTER he was called out on it. The timing is suspicious.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join