It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 HW 375 Walmart trucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Several years ago while on vacation in Las Vegas, I took a day away from the Strip and drove to Rachel. Roughly 15 miles west of Rachel, I was passed by 3 westbound Walmart trucks. All 3 looked brand new. I thought it odd at the time that 3 Walmart trucks would be in the middle of nowhere. I was just curious if anyone else has noticed anything similar and if Walmart really has a reason to be out there with 3 trucks or if the government is using Walmart camouflage.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
How come your title says 375 and your post says 3?

Why would the goverment use Wal Mart as a cover anyways? They are already allowed to lie, cheat, and steal.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

I think the OP meant route 375. I also know that the base at Area 51 would need supplies. I would also think they would get those supplies via mobility aircraft. Probably just some trucks going to Reno or another Wally World location. Nothing special about that.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
There were reports of Walmart trucks in small town of Scircleville, In. April 16, 2008..Corresponding to the "Kokomo Boom" which I think is going to be subject of next History Channel on Nov 12. Some witnesses claimed unmarked white and black SUVs as well as Walmart semi trucks as part of a recovery of something.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod
Why would the goverment use Wal Mart as a cover anyways? They are already allowed to lie, cheat, and steal.

And a STAR for you!!!!!!

No need to say any more.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Sorry for the confusion. The 375 in the title was a reference to Nevada Route (HW) 375 (the Extraterrestrial Highway). There were only 3 Walmart Semi trucks that I observed. I just didn't think that this would be a route that Walmart trucks would take to/from anywhere efficiently.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The route is up to the driver depending on the company. It depends on where they were going, where they were coming from, and many other factors. I used to drive, and still work for a trucking company. It's NOT that unusual to see trucks where you don't expect to. Everything you buy in any store has to get there by truck.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandUnification

My girlfriend was a trucker for a while, and sometimes would take an off route to stop at a favorite diner or motel (she did not own the cab, so there was no sleeping area). Maybe the three drivers liked a diner on the way to their destination. It is not uncommon or unusual. Then again, it would be a perfect hiding place for the government to put items that are designated for secret bases.

Bottom line, Occam's Razor suggests the diner/motel theory, as I know someone who does just that.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I've got a few photographs of vehicles on the ET Highway here
www.lazygranch.com...

This is one with 3 Wal-Mart trucks in a row.
Three Wal-Mart trucks on the ET Highway
The photographs were taken from Coyote Summit while waiting for Red Flag planes to appear.

Wal_mart has a distribution center along I-15 in Utah, and I believe one in Reno. The ET Highway might be the best route. If they picked up route 95 in Vegas, they would have to drive through all that heavy traffic in Vegas. If they take 93 to the ET Highway, then they go west on route 6 and meet 95 in Tonopah.

Or Wal_mart is in cahoots with the base.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I am sure that Walmart also fulfills certian GSA contracts as well. It makes sense for them to be even making a delivery to a base with airstrip.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Bingo Reno was the next destination and they were not coming from Area 51 but rather Vegas unless you actually observed these trucks leaving Groome Lake Rd or the back entrance!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hellskitchen

I kind of doubt Wal-Mart would do a GSA contract, mostly because there is a huge about of paperwork to get a government contract.

I periodically search the government quote requests since you can learn about things about to happen rather than after they happen. You can check for yourself at
fedbiz

When you contract with the government, you get a "boilerplate" of (dare I say) nonsense. Are you minority owned, veteran owned, woman owned, etc. Now part of this is to spread the money around, but in reality there are way to circumvent these requirements by fronting a minority company as a middle man. When I worked for EG&G, we had people to take care of the boilerplate.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NASTY LAWLESS

I have never seen a "big rig" truck enter the front gate. I'm reasonably sure I never saw one enter the back gate either. Large trucks do go down Cedar Pass Road, which is paved. Only the solid white trucks go down that road, not the Wal-Mart trucks. Heavy earth moving equipment is often delivered via the back gate. I think the big rigs don't want to deal with dirt roads. The earth moving delivery trucks are used to driving on dirt.

Big rigs enter Groom Lake via the Mercury Highway, i.e. the Nevada Test Site. The commercial driver takes the truck to "Gate 700". At that point, a military driver takes the truck to the base. Occasionally the truck may be gone a while. I met one truck driver that got diner while hanging out at Gate 700.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

The government also wants most of its products to be US made. Walmart would fail that point big time.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Years ago on the way to laughlin in the middle of the night, I was passed by 5 all black semi going about ninty on I-40. I tried to keep up with them in my ford ranger but couldnt, next thing you know they were gone from site it has always botherd me.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The truckers knew there were no cops in that stretch of highway, and they were booking it to make time. I was in a "convoy" of trucks and they were running about 85 mph along I-90. It was nice when there was only one lane, as we all booked through that. After a while, they slowed down to 65 for a stretch, and I did the same. I did spot some state troopers along the route, and then they sped up again.

Although the trucks were all black, they were probably independently owned, and the speed can be explained from the above.

top topics

join