It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic leaders in the U.S. House discuss confiscating 401(k)s, IRAs

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MAINTAL

Ohh, okay. So in that case, Bush has been stealing and confiscating money from us for years since his change in tax policy hurt our wallets.

I wish I had known that...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What I find so curious is Micks drive to say he wants original documentation and his demands for proof but in another thread where I ask for proof of a vaulted BC. He defends like crazy why the COLB is just as good AS the one and ONLY document that will quell the reasons the COLB isn't proof at all but something quite easily forged.

At least here we have admitted that these are merely discussions that can and should be interpreted as confiscating our money if such a bill were to pass

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Are we talking policy change, or are we talking about confiscating 401k's? It's one thing to disagree with a policy, but it's another to out-right accuse people of stealing other's money.

Anytime you take MY money, from an account that I set up and funded with contributions from MY salary, and FORCE me to move it to another type of account that I dont want to, then yes, that is stealing, confiscating or whatever other word you want to call it, because it is a MANDATE, not a choice at that point, only when it remains MY choice is it NOT stealing.

Article

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Servigistics

Okay, so again, when Bush removed Clinton's tax brackets, he stole from millions of Americans? He confiscated their money?

Also, can you get a source that shows me where her plan involved forcing people to switch from 401k's to the new plan? Last time I heard about her idea, she wanted to offer people a CHANCE to turn in their 401k's, and in return, got rewarded by getting credit for their balance before the crisis hit.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

I have tried to convince my friends that The O will be our last pres. No one wants to believe it. The liberal lemmings only want someone to take care of them as they are led over the cliff's edge.

I heard a news blurb on Fox News about the take over of 401k's, but they never went into detail about it. Almost like it was pulled from the agenda.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

It seems to me you've nailed it. And yet the people always have the power, should they wish to take it, to turn this into a government that serves rather than betrays them. This group fears the power of the people terribly. Cheney has hardly seen the light of day for years. The people already have far more power in the situation than they realize. Also, the military top brass is not fully on board with the government. It is my guess that the jury is out on whether or not they can even muster the muscle to fill their empty concentration camps. I might add the response I get from people, when I tell the story of the congressional discussions about confiscating retirement money, run something like, "Well, if they do that you should just buy a gun." Not even revelations about 9/11 evoked such sentiment where I live. I can't think of a better way for them to rouse the American people to political action. We should always remember that in the 1930s there was no cell phone and no internet. In other words, it's not a done deal. They've given it their "best shot", but they have no victory yet. Regards from the SF Bay Area.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am not a "black helicopter conspiracy" guy, BUT, when is it time to turn off the football game, get off the couch, & take up arms?

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join