It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain lost bec Palin was weak and dumb

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by djpaec

For someone you consider so inferior and unfit for running for the Vice Presidency, you sure seem to want to bury Palin so deep that she doesn't make any more runs for National Government.

Methinks thou doth protest too much. I wouldn't be surprised if She runs for Ted Stevens seat in the Senate.

McCain's campaign didn't have much a shot till Palin was picked. His pick of her energized the Republican Party more than anything McCain himself did. No matter who McCain picked the odds were never going to be in his favor. Regardless of how good of a person McCain was, there were not coat tails to hang himself from. Typically the party in power during an economic downturn gets hammered the next election. He ran a decent campaign just that he was going uphill against Hurricane winds. The whole Credit Crunch/ Bailout mess sealed the deal for Obama.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think she is far smarter than people give her credit for. Heck Obama said there were 57 states at one point but he's not called an idiot by the same peeps criticizing Palin.

Huge double standard here.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I protest too much? I pointed out 3 facts about Sarah Palin and how she ran her small town of Wasilla. If she runs for senator I'll presonally contribute, her presence would not only rally democrats base, but bring independents over too. Also give all of us tons of laughs.

Also I already mentioned the base thing about palin

-picking a candidate who not only agreed with us some of the time, but had to make a Hard right turn, pander to the base and pick Palin to shore up support

Or did you miss my top ten?

[edit on 8-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
McCain lost because he couldn't match Obama's funds. McCain elected to use public funding, which limited him to $84 million (or somewhere around there, I could be off a little). Obama chose private funding and shattered records left and right. He raised $150 million in September alone (Obama Takes in a Record $150 Million)

The Obama campaign had so much money, it didn't know what to do with all of it. Obama raised more money than Bush and Kerry combined. Obama's fundraising apparatus was an absolute monster. They were able to buy 30 minutes of air time during prime-time. The created a free iPhone/iPod Touch application on iTunes to reach potential voter. They even bought ad space in a video game (Obama buys first video game campaign ads)

Palin certainly didn't help. But McCain's chances of winning were slim to none long before Palin was brought on board.

[edit on 11/6/2008 by DarthChrisious]

Ahh... but you forget where the money really comes from.

On October 15th, the McCain Campaign + the RNC had $20 Million more than the Obama Campaign + the DNC.

This is why McCain was so happy to say he would accept Public funding early on (and so upset when Obama flipped the script on him), because he knew that he had the RNC bank regardless of what his campaign actually had.

The opposite was true for the DNC, Obama wasn't just competing with the McCain Campaign finances, but the RNC finances as well, and his supporters foot the bill for that.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
These supposed statements she supposedly made are false,it was Obama mafia starting crap,like the deal over her clothing,and as time passes those who voted for Obama will see how ignorant they were

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Yeah she's such an idiot as opposed to all THE GENIUSES running our government right now.

There is also no proof of the africa comment because it comes from anonymous sources. The world is going to hell and this is what people are commenting on? Cripes some of you need to come to grips with reality.

She lost...it's over!!

Palin has become the scape goat, right you are they have no proof of these alligations,

Funny isn't it how she is still garnering the most news and sought after for the most interviews?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
McCain lost because he ran a very poor campaign.
McCain lost because Obama flipflopped and didn't take public financing.
McCain lost because of George W. Bush.

McCain lost but NOT because of Govenor Palin.
She brought in all the conservative/fundamentalists base.
They loved her. Still do.

If anyone in the McCain camp points at Govenor Palin and says it's her fault, then they are just plain wrong. (or are pushing an agenda to blame her to take the heat off McCain and to open the way for Romney 2012.)

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MissApe

and the finisher said we have 57 states!
Palin was the only good thing mcamnesty had going for him.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Actually thats just the point. The base which Palin brought in... killed the campaign. That is why you see McCain aides now attempting to expose her as stupid.

The GOP wants to rid themselves of the anti-intellectual millstone that has been hanging around their neck for sometime now. Back when there was a larger population in the rural areas and small towns, this could fly.

Not anymore. The GOP has to get back to it's fiscally conservative roots and put forward a thoughtful candidate who is not transparently under educated. They need to learn how to get Democrats to convert to Republican.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

Actually its all been McCain Aides. All of this is McCain Aides. McCain Aides pointing out she was a "Hillbilly raiding" and thought Africa was country.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Yep, GamerGal, you are 100% right. Some anti-Obama folks are completely missing the fact that these attacks on Palin are coming directly from the McCain Campaign.

They want to distance themselves from her , her base, and from what they believe ruined their chances at JM getting elected.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
These same republicans fail to recognize that McCain didn't aim for the middle like Obama. And just kept pushing hard right with there campaign. Hardly every talking about the economy and never uttering middle class.

McCain failed because after shoring up his base with Palin he stayed on the right and never got back to center, where most undecideds are.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Some anti-Obama folks are completely missing the fact that these attacks on Palin are coming directly from the McCain Campaign.

Nobody is missing that. At least, I haven't seen it.

As has been said a hundred times - the McCain camp is looking for a scape goat to explain away why McCain lost. The MEN are pointing their fingers at the WOMAN and making all sorts of bizzare stories up about her. Trying to deflect from the fact that the MAN - McCain - ran a piss-poor campaign and lost all on his own. Some republicans are also blaming Palin so that she'll go away - so that their boy Romney will have a better change in 2012.

I don't think that anyone 'completely missed' that these are republican attacks upon Palin. That's the whole point of the story.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Then let me show you. I responded to GamerGat you had responded to OldTimer who had posted this:

These supposed statements she supposedly made are false,it was Obama mafia starting crap,like the deal over her clothing,and as time passes those who voted for Obama will see how ignorant they were

So there ya go.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

She may have had him on ignore for being such a buffoon. If I didn't laugh as much as I do when reading posts like that I'd put them on ignore too. But McCain didn't just lose because of Palin. Bad campaign tactics, spent too much time attacking Obama and never told the people what his plans were. And his support of the Iraq War and wants one with Iran and Syria. And his support of Oil and not other means of power. And his "the economy is strong!" As it collapses.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Hey you better watch out Obama attacked McCain more there was a study after all!!!!

Republicans like to trump that up when you get to McCain and his attacks. The only thing is Obama attacked McCain on his policies and how closely his plans sounded like Bush. While McCain repeated higher tax's, the old republican boogy man, some loose associations, some McCain was actually closer and gave more money, and inciting hatred at his crowds.

But no it couldn't have been the ugliness and hatred the McCain campaign spewed while Obamas campaign didn't even com close. Even the Secret Service blames Palin, and the McCain campaign, for increase of threats against him.

The Obama campaign was provided with reports from the Secret Service showing a sharp and disturbing increase in threats to Obama in September and early October, at the same time that many crowds at Palin rallies became more frenzied. Michelle Obama was shaken by the vituperative crowds and the hot rhetoric from the GOP candidates. "Why would they try to make people hate us?" Michelle asked a top campaign aide.

No I'm sure this didn't turn off voters at all, in fact I'm sure it got tons of votes from those good ol' people in Mississippi that like hanging nooses.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
As I understand it, a great deal of the white female conservative vote went to Obama. Lots of those women dont like Palin because she's good looking, successful , hunts and looks good in those glasses. I don't think she pulled as much of the demographic as she could have. Somebody smarter but less leggy would have been better for the female vote.
Of course I'm a guy so I could be wrong but I don't believe they gave much thought to the decision to use her.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by djpaec

Oh Obama could attack McCain ten times as much but... He also released ads about his plans. He also had a freaking commercial about his stances. McCain could have attacked 100 times more if he ALSO released ads about his stances and plans.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
McCain aides are only trying to save there own arse for running such a lame campaign. Obama's team outwitted them at every corner. One thing for sure, if I was running for office I wouldn't hire any of them. That is the reason they are trying to put it all on Palin. Funny how they constantly tell the candidates what to say then want to criticize the same candidate for saying what they were told to say.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
McCain aides are only trying to save there own arse for running such a lame campaign. Obama's team outwitted them at every corner. One thing for sure, if I was running for office I wouldn't hire any of them. That is the reason they are trying to put it all on Palin. Funny how they constantly tell the candidates what to say then want to criticize the same candidate for saying what they were told to say.

Starred! Too true. But did they tell her to say Africa was a country? Or to not know the countries in North America? Or to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars after telling her to only buy three outfits? Although if I was given the kind of cash they gave her... I'd have a closet full of clothes, and jewelry, and a new house with an even bigger closet. They took some Wasilla mayor who bankrupted the town a blank check and told her to only spend X but well, she had a blank check and did what she does best, spend! Kind of like giving a crack fiend some drugs then tell them to only do a little, not all of it, and getting mad when they smoke all of it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join