It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inauguration Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Just wondering, but what do you think would happen, if on Inaguration Day, Obama refused to place his hand on the Bible while swearing in, or chose to use the Koran instead?

BTW, I have nothing at all against Islam, I'm just curious because it seems like Obama himself is split on which is his religion.

Even though I voted McCain, I sincerely hope that Obama can actually do something with this country, for the better that is. We sure as hell need it.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If he chooses the Q'uran over the Bible it will neither be reported nor cared about by those who voted for him.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think 60 or so million people would say, "What the hell did we just do?"

But I don't think that's going to happen. Even if it does, it won't change my opinion of the man. Freedom of religion pertains to the President of the United States, as well.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
I think 60 or so million people would say, "What the hell did we just do?"

But I don't think that's going to happen. Even if it does, it won't change my opinion of the man. Freedom of religion pertains to the President of the United States, as well.

About the freedom of religion for him as well, I'm fine with that. Considering the first parts of the Bible and Koran are almost identical.

What would bother me about it is that it would have been another lie, he said 'My Muslim faith, I mean my Christian faith.' I just hope we get a president that doesnt constantly lie to us. But then again, there has to be something not right up there, a few bricks short of a load, to want to become president anyways, right?

new topics

top topics

join