It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters 'Willing To Risk Jail' To Urge Bush, Cheney Indictment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Protesters 'Willing To Risk Jail' To Urge Bush, Cheney Indictment

rawstory.com

Anti-war protesters plan to gather outside the Department of Justice next week to urge Attorney General Michael Mukasey to indict President Bush and Vice President Cheney on war crimes charges.

The protesters, being organized by The National Campaign for Nonviolent Resistance say they are willing to risk going to jail to urge Bush and Cheney's indictment. The campaign is gathering signatures for a petition to urge Mukasey to meet with them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
And go to jail they more than likely will...

If folks were getting arrested around the RNC and DNC for protesting, what in the world is going to happen when they show up at the Justice Department to do so?

I think most of us have all faced the inevitable, sickening fact---These war criminals will likely NEVER be brought to justice here on domestic soil, with our ever-crooked and croney-stacked "justice" system.

If any justice is ever served, it will likely be overseas...

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Exactly...."NEVER" brought to justice.

This will only get people put in jail and the story will simply blow a w a y.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Tag And Release

Whether intentional or not, events like these serve only one significant purpose: to gather political dissidents together in a convenient mass that can then be arrested, fingerprinted, photographed, booked into the criminal justice system and cataloged in several government databases for subsequent monitoring.

While I applaud free speech and peaceful assembly, I personally prefer to make it harder to pin me down.

Just sayin'

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Another good find.

And never say never.We could possibly be on the road to change.

Related links.
www.impeachbush.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.groundsforimpeachment.com...
archive.democrats.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Protest in court, have papers with charges drawn up, that sort of thing...erm, protesters don't get that, do they? Publish the charges online and stuff, too.

Nonviolence doesn't mean irritating the police and getting thrown in jail, it means round table meeting with lawyers LOL.

I guess people will never learn, protesting like that is a waste of time of the people and the cops...the police COULD be out guarding me, not throwing the protesters in jail for bashing a poor, innocent cop upside the head with a sign...

Hindering the freedom of movement of people is a crime, protest through legal action - thank you for your time.
Preaching to the choir, huh?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm sure people would think differently if oh say 10,000 to 20,000 protesters all packing loaded firearms were outside the justice building.

Arrest that.

Sorry, but peaceful protesting doesn't accomplish anything.
I honestly believe if we were a European country, or a third world country, the liars, thieves and murderer's in our government would have been killed in the streets quite some time ago. Seeing as how vain and belligerently ballsy they have become against what the people want.

Not to be negative, just being realistic.

Until that comes, my hi-point and garand continue to sit in their cases.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Am I missing something?

Why exactly is it illegal to peacefully protest in the largest and most democratic nation of the "free world"? When did this happen? What charges can they arrest you on?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
that is why our corrupted government is getting away with so much, scaring the populations with the law.

The same way that half a million people show up to celebrate the Presidential elections in Chicago can also gather to march down to Washington and then lets see who is going to be afraid of whom.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
flag and star.
i doubt anything will be achieved BUT while true american
patriots such as those non-violently protesting exist,
we - the people - may stand a chance against corruption machine
called government.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Its not just your average joes calling for this.

There's politicians.

The former Democratic nominee for president who ran against a president later driven from office under threat of impeachment, today said that impeachment of President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney is "the rightful course for an American patriot."

www.cbsnews.com...

ABC News' Yunji de Nies reports: Independent presidential hopeful Ralph Nader spoke outside the White House Friday, calling for the impeachment of President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.

blogs.abcnews.com...

Vermont senators voted Friday to call for the impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, saying their actions have raised "serious questions of constitutionality."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Actors.

Oscar-winning actor Sean Penn called for the impeachment of President George Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney in an impassioned speech Monday night in New York.

www.foxnews.com...

And even Nuns.

“The National Coalition of American Nuns is impelled by conscience to call you to act promptly to impeach President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney for ... high crimes and misdemeanors, ” the group wrote in a letter written on behalf of its board members.

digg.com...

I think the obvious reason impeachment bids have failed before is because these people are still in power.But thats soon going to change.

And if Clinton could be impeached for having sex,then those who have started 2 wars,stripped Americans of their rights,lied and manipulated etc etc etc certainly can be too.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Am I missing something?

Why exactly is it illegal to peacefully protest in the largest and most democratic nation of the "free world"? When did this happen? What charges can they arrest you on?

That's just it, you're not part of the free world anymore.

At least, if you ask any other nation in the free world, they wouldn't consider you free... or even democratic.

It was a nice run while it lasted, but it's time the US people woke up and realized what their government has done to their country. So you can get back up, toss these fascists out on their backsides, and come join the free world once again.

We miss the old US... the old US was cool to hang out with.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarSeaman
Protest in court, have papers with charges drawn up, that sort of thing...erm, protesters don't get that, do they?

In the whole world, name an honest court, with an honest judge, an honest prosection and honest jury who will want to preside over the conviction of an ex-President and ex-Vice President, who have their tendrils into every level of decent and corrupt society.

Justice is blind. It's an illusion. Don't even think that that it applies to all people fairly. Most men are born equally powerless, while some are beyond being equal.

The kind of justice they deserve is not written into law books or studied at University.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

They can nail you with unlawful assembly, disturbing the peace, protesting in a non protesting zone, protesting without a permit. Protesting assembly violating permit protest size, disrupting traffic.

There is no such thing a free speech. This went out the door when they declared free speech zones.

camain

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Not to worry folks, there is an eternal justice which no man can escape. But before you start kicking up your heels at the prospect of the neocon murderers on their faces before Perfect Justice, know that you and I will be there as well. The prospect gives me a delightful foreboding.

top topics

join