It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA add to UFO sightings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
As reported on Yahoo UK , heres the link to full story

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Seems interesting...without a video it will be hard to determine if the two sightings were related...

Too bad there is no footage...I feel so let down...

Is the April footage from NASA available? I shall search...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is an interesting turn of events. It's not every day that NASA admits that it's unable to ID an object/objects! I wonder if there is more to come!??

Not very much info in that article sadly. Anybody know of any footage/pics or more info on this case? I'm off to look for some anyway...

Thanks for sharing this Sniper_Instructor.

S&F'd!

[edit on 6-11-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here you go:
Original article:
ITN | Nasa joins UFO sighting craze - With video(s)
THanks for sharing, Sniper_Instructor

[edit on 6/11/2008 by internos]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Headline news on the Yahoo UK frontpage right now. With video, taken from ITN. Middle section with the various lights in actually reasonably compelling...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

As always - thanks...

Yes, this is interesting - I do not know how to multiple witnesses connect, other than spotting a ufo...but hopefully more will come out of this!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
At 01:41 in the ITN-clip there is written: "This is object number four." and a red line pointing to the lowest white dot. It's there only half a second or so. Why? Did NASA put this text and line there or ITN?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The US space agency were filming from a shuttle outside the earth's orbit in April this year when the cameras picked up four objects that have never been identified.

There was no shuttle mission in April. It would be nice if they got it right so we could look for the original.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The one that was shot in India is really good, in broad daylight too. The way they flash in a sequence is almost like they are signalling something, what it is tho we may never know.

The Mexican one is also intriguing as you can make out the shape of the ship slightly and it doesn't look like anything that follows conventional aerodynamic designs.

But the major one has to be the NASA footage, they're talking so casually about it, the astronauts must be trained to expect this and if they are expecting it then this means it has hap pended before. I'm also surprised NASA let this one out of the bag, maybe we are reaching a period of gradual disclosure...

Just to clarify I am talking about the footage internos linked.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by -Klaus-]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, you are right, Phage: now the question is was STS-123? STS-124? Another one?

Besides, i can't see any relation between what look to be three very different incidents, but maybe i'm missing something...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Klaus-
The Mexican one is also intriguing as you can make out the shape of the ship slightly and it doesn't look like anything that follows conventional aerodynamic designs.

The Mexican footage looks like another case of RC aircraft/hang glider/para-glider with fireworks/flaming object on the end of a tether, as has been shown many times here on ATS before...

It just goes to show how easily even the "experts" can be fooled!

One up for ATS I think

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
On our Million Fax to Washington, be sure to site this evidence and the many other videos as well. The truth is there are so many other issues that already have to be prioritized. If we are arguing for disclosure, we have to be sure our agenda is very high priority. NASA footage is undeniable and pure. If NASA is unsure, who is? Ditto with the Mexican Military f-16 I/R videos released on Fox News. If these agencies do now know that who does? well this is either blatent evidence that only a super secret ruling elite gov/within-a-gov. knows the truth and the world's a stage. Ooorrr.. seriously.. we really don't know and need to find out.

it's a crazy world out there.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Could perhaps be a media slip up, and they meant to say footage from the ISS ??!!

Edit - my bad, they show part of the shuttle, so it's not looking like a mistake much any more :p

Having said that...

I can't believe that they would have slipped up and hinted at "secret" shuttle missions that easily(which is what the implication is here I think)... perhaps a "loose canon"!?

Having said that...

If an RC aircraft/hang glider with burning stuff attached to it can get the better of them...

[edit on 6-11-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

What about the second light that suddenly appears in shot? I don't think that looks like a burning RC plane. Also what do you think of the footage taken from India, I've never seen lights in the sky like that before and display a co-ordinated pattern.

The camera initially starts in what is the shuttle bay of the space shuttle, and I may be able to explain where the footage comes from. In the UK we assign date as DD/MM/YYYY in the US it is quite common to assign the date as MM/DD/YYYY. Looking at previous shuttle dates it could possibly have been confused with the July 4th 2006 flight that would be the flight of the 06/04/2006 (US assigned) which in the UK could be seen as April 6th 2006. Although that raises the question of why would footage from two years ago be released now?

[edit on 6-11-2008 by -Klaus-]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

No.
It's clearly from the shuttle. It opens with a shot of the cargo bay.
There is often unidentified debris floating around the shuttle. It is sometimes of great concern.
Clip

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Could perhaps be a media slipup, and they meant to say footage from the ISS ??!!

Eh, the more i watch it, the more it recalls to me the STS115 video (it starts at approx. 5:00

but that would have occurred on 2006: so or there's just some resembleance, or the article is wrong: i'm absolutely not sure yet, i'd like to read some more opinions about it.

[edit on 6/11/2008 by internos]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I think you found it.
I found this comment about STS-115

Earlier today, the astronauts spotted three more bits of debris, described as "two rings and a piece of foil." Stich and Dye said it was not unusual for small items inadvertently left in the shuttle's cargo bay during maintenance to work free and float away during a mission. While such "foreign object debris," or FOD, is typically seen early in flight, Stich said Atlantis, which is making its first flight since 2002, could be expected to be carrying a bit more debris than usual.

Source

The US space agency were filming from a shuttle outside the earth's orbit in April this year when the cameras picked up four objects that have never been identified.

Outside the earth's orbit? Journalists!

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It is identical internos, just checked them against each other. I'm impressed you caught the similarities so quickly that's one sharp eye! Even the dialogue is the same.

Okay so now I'm out on a limb with this, some poor hack at ITN has to do an article on UFO's possibly to fill time during the show, gets given a few pieces of recommended footage and has to write a short piece for the internet. She looks for the date of the flight on a tabular format and makes one human error and one interpretive error. Firstly she reads the date for the the STS-115 as being the date for STS-114 (human error) and then she fails to convert US dating to UK dating hence getting a flight date during the month of April.

I know this is speculation but I think this could solve the puzzle in the simplest way without any conspiratorial factors. Why they choose footage from 2 years ago is another question and no-one is talking about the footage from India the most interesting one, what does everyone think of that?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by -Klaus-

That second object could have been another of the same I think, but the footage was not very long, making it hard to tell. I think it's a likely possibility anyway.

I think you are right about the shuttle footage being from another year - more likely that NASA admitting to secret missions anyway. It would make sense that they spent some time studying it (and all the other footage they could not immediately ID), before admitting their findings to the public. They probably just got fed up with these particular clips and decided to admit that they can't explain them!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Cheers Phage,

Momentary lapse in concentration there

Realized my error as soon as I ran the footage again!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join