It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama’s security be more intense than any president before him?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
As an outsider I watched with interest the US elections. There have been suggestions security will have to be top notch as I guess it is for any US president. I wonder if it will it be even better. For none US residents perhaps you can pass on your thoughts about extra security – is there a need

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Let me ask you this. If you were a Secret Service Agent on bodyguard detail, or a member of their families right now, wouldn't you be a bit worried?

So much blind hate.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I guess I wouldn’t want to be on security detail for anyone. So you are saying security will be stepped up a few notches.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

Yes, Obama's security will be much more prevalent. Take last night's acceptance speech. He had a bullet proof glass wall on either side of his podium. This is something that I have never seen before. Measures like this IMO are absolutely/sadly necessary.

I believe that the rhetoric preached by McCain and Palin at many of their rallies created at least a few dozen domestic terrorists (this may be a gross underestimate). These are the very people who shouted "kill him" and "terrorist" at many of their rallies in reference to president elect Obama. Given that these fanatics are of the right wing, religious sort, they are particularly dangerous.

I have heard it said that all one needs to be able to um, hurt the president, is a willingness to give their own life to do it. If you believe that you are doing "God's will", you are able to justify just about anything to yourself. This to me, is why it is particularly important that our government does everything in its power to protect Obama.

Obama has the potential to be one of America's great presidents, lets just hope and pray that he gets the chance.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluegrassRevolutionary

Yes, Obama's security will be much more prevalent. Take last night's acceptance speech. He had a bullet proof glass wall on either side of his podium. This is something that I have never seen before. Measures like this IMO are absolutely/sadly necessary.

Those screens are standard use by the USSS where there is a line of sight issue such as where there are too many tall buildings in the vacinity to control. President Clinton, in Dublin of all places, had them to one side of him in 1997 between him and a long heavily built up road.

Obama will be well protected but since 1963 and then 1981 they all have been with "sterile zones", screens and canopies regularly deployed. I doubt President Bush was any less likely than Obama to be the target of kooks.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
President Elect Obama's big problem is threats from domestic "terrorists" and would be assassins. With President Bush there was never any credible threat from a domestic front, sure the odd nutjob but nothing organised or with a hope in hell of getting near him. With the President Elect the Secret Service have to contend with more credible threats and hence it would be expected that his security may be somewhat increased. It's sad to think that the President Elect may be safer on foreign soil than he is in his own homeland.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Let me ask you this. If you were a Secret Service Agent on bodyguard detail, or a member of their families right now, wouldn't you be a bit worried?

So much blind hate.

I wouldn't really b worried, simply because I would know that is what I signed up for.

As secret cervice, they know that at any moment their life can be over, because their job is to throw themselves into harms way anytime someone tries to shoot or stab the president, or he gets near a box of pretzels.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Just ask Eddie Murphy, I'm sure he knows what Obama's security will entail lol!:

Here's the link in case the video doesn't work:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Yes, I think that this first black American president as been the one to go into historical books in a historical presidency will need extra protection for his life.

In America we still have very powerful feelings about how many see the office of the president and who should be in there.

So I will not be surprised if when Obama is in public he will start looking like the Pope with Bullet prof glass all around him on encased in a one.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I would honestly, no joke, advise Obama to not go through dallas. Ever. For any reason. Not even fly through the airport. Definately don't have a motorcade go through to wave at the people.

top topics

join