It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama election theory...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Hello there, i am new to this site (which appears pretty rad btw!) and posting this here at the request of close friend who thought others may appreciate the view i am trying to disseminate.

I am posting from Australia and thus cannot claim a comprehensive knowledge of the election but being a student of history, i watch most large scale campaigns closely, watching for those old tricks us dogs never seem to learn from.

Barrack Obama's grandmother dies of cancer election eve and a wave of remorse for this man sweeps a nation, the underdog syndrome kicks in and no bloke would like to have on his concience the thought that he compounded the problem... Obama waking up that morning to face both electoral defeat and the death of poor ol "nanna?"

There is not a shroud of evidence to support my theory, of course, but i just find it very coincidental that she went down that way that night...
Kinda like how it was very coincidental that that Reichstagg building happened to burst into flames and give adolph his enabling act? Everything comes out in the wash and even without a shroud of evidence, i KNOW exactly who was behind that fire...

I dont want to take anything away from the mass way of euphoria being felt by black people everywhere, its great this moment of great hope and all but i after trying to research this man, at depth, all i see is a cunning orator who has some semblance of a political platform bured amongst a mound of useless rhetoric. Besides being black, i cant really see obama being much different then all those other rich men standing for office. I just have weird fears and premonitions that the smile is a mask for something not quite so pleasant. As i said earlier... itll all come out in the wash.

American thoughts on my view would be most excellent... am i just paranoidly condemning a fair man based on the evil actions of others?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I'm Australian, but I'm sharing the euphoria you mentioned... and I'm not even black.

Obama visited his grandmother weeks ago, they made no secret that she was dying of cancer.

I got as far "Reichstag" in your post and that was as far as I got, I can't really see any meat to this theory, let alone proof.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Exactly my point mate. They let EVERYBODY sure know he was going to visit his SICK grandmother... which really is an irrelevant issue on election eve when the candidates should be putting forth the final particulars of their political platforms...? Everyone is now aware of the poor blokes plight, and then on election eve that deliberating cancer conveniently kicks in and bowls her over? I think even fate isnt so wicked as to deny her that final 24 hours of her grandsons campaign... statistically that happens sure, but when all these coincidences come alongside political campaigns, one sees the odds are bogusely skewed...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by martyrmc

President Elect Obama might have benefited in some way from the untimely passing of his Grandmother, yet the fact remains, people in some 33 odd states have been voting everyday for close to two weeks now. The bulk of them it is presumed were casting ballots for Obama, after being urged energetically and often to take advantage of early voting where it was available.

He is terribly light on practical experience, you can read his legislative attempts at the libraryofcongress.gov for a better look into the workings or lack of workings in his mind.

That a Cult of Personality has already developed is unmistakable. Has he himself lacked the discipline to not get swept up in it too during the last week of his widely predicted to be succesful campaign? Yes.

Some of the more thought provoking things you might have heard him say display that, but nothing displays his lack of discipline than reading line by line of his attempts to write Bills in the U.S. Senate, that few of his fellow Democrats were willing to cosponsor and help him fill in the glaring gaps. 141 times at bat, never a solid enough effort to pass any real muster in the Senate, no laws enacted.

There are some parallels to both former President Jimmy Carter.

There are some parallels to Hitler, when it comes to unique branding through symbols of his own design and incorporation, and desires for things like youth camps for children 8 and up to be named after him, and a civilian paramilitary force to rival the size of the U.S. Armed forces to be stationed internally for security purposes.

His discipline and lack of logistical understanding of the fine machineary that runs Washington, albeit often ineffectively and at times poorly will thanks to us (a) being broke and trillions and trillions of dollars in debt, and (b) attending more to his image and persona and cult like following
probably will leave him up being remembered as another Jimmy Carter.

More than anything a frustative desire for 'change' swept the polls, the image he cast made him desirable in a Hollywood type of way, and the misdirection of keeping probing eyes always on others with a self made claim to be different and better, kept most people from penetrating the veil of well thought out Madison Avenue marking.

The pages will get thumbed and worn, the gloss will wear off, he will discover an entity called the Supreme Court of the United States always has the power to overule him and by the time the issues he ran on will be forgotten, he will be likely to be forgotten to.

I wish him luck, as I do for all of us, but if you read his failed legislation, you would see the only thing to fear is fear itself.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
well illinois senator dick durbins daughter also died election eve(heart condition),
and he was re-elected the next day. i think they were both just unfortunate coincidences.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This man has been elected president as a result of a rather excruciating struggle against all odds. I am white an I did not vote for him. I hold him in the highest respect and am very proud of America right now, something I have not felt in 8 long years. Who cares if the underdog benefited. The nasty's always do.. Lets see how he does before we start bashing him. He has certainly earned this right.

~Hyp

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
FIND ME THE PEOPLE THAT CHANGED THEIR VOTE BECAUSE HIS GRANDMOTHER DIED. What was the undecided % before she died and how did they turn? Seriously, I cannot find anyone that changed their mind due to his grandmother dying. The ONLY thing I can find is people claiming she died on purpose to help him. No one has made a decent case so far as to how that would help at all or if it did or if anyone in his campaign thought it would.

Aside from the fact that she was 86 and already terminally ill with cancer, what seems suspicious about her dying? Bring me the staffer that suggested Obama off his Grandmother to sway 4 or 5% of the electorate. Get real people. Let's get back to rubber bigfoot suits and CGI alien drone ships already.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by martyrmc
Hello there, i am new to this site (which appears pretty rad btw!) and posting this here at the request of close friend who thought others may appreciate the view i am trying to disseminate.

I am posting from Australia and thus cannot claim a comprehensive knowledge of the election but being a student of history, i watch most large scale campaigns closely, watching for those old tricks us dogs never seem to learn from.

Barrack Obama's grandmother dies of cancer election eve and a wave of remorse for this man sweeps a nation, the underdog syndrome kicks in and no bloke would like to have on his concience the thought that he compounded the problem... Obama waking up that morning to face both electoral defeat and the death of poor ol "nanna?"

There is not a shroud of evidence to support my theory, of course, but i just find it very coincidental that she went down that way that night...
Kinda like how it was very coincidental that that Reichstagg building happened to burst into flames and give adolph his enabling act? Everything comes out in the wash and even without a shroud of evidence, i KNOW exactly who was behind that fire...

I dont want to take anything away from the mass way of euphoria being felt by black people everywhere, its great this moment of great hope and all but i after trying to research this man, at depth, all i see is a cunning orator who has some semblance of a political platform bured amongst a mound of useless rhetoric. Besides being black, i cant really see obama being much different then all those other rich men standing for office. I just have weird fears and premonitions that the smile is a mask for something not quite so pleasant. As i said earlier... itll all come out in the wash.

American thoughts on my view would be most excellent... am i just paranoidly condemning a fair man based on the evil actions of others?

9/11 was the american 'reichstag'...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HypnoAsp
This man has been elected president as a result of a rather excruciating struggle against all odds. I am white an I did not vote for him. I hold him in the highest respect and am very proud of America right now, something I have not felt in 8 long years. Who cares if the underdog benefited. The nasty's always do.. Lets see how he does before we start bashing him. He has certainly earned this right.

~Hyp

exactly my line of thinking, i even wrote something very similar different thread.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I don't think her passing would have changed anyone's mind as to vote for him specifically because of it. It might have though in a nice way prompted some people who intended to vote for him but hadn't decided as to whether they had a convenient opportunity and way, to make the extra effort to get out and cast that vote, feeling some sympathy and desire to make a human connection with someone facing something we all have to face at one time or another.

His election was all but written in the stars weeks ago, and might have even been there, but I don't know how to read them.

It truly is just the sad and regrettable passing of someone who had a direct connection personally to a history and a time being lost to us, through that generation being lost.

Condollences are in order.

new topics

top topics

join