It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first ever post to ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hello all! As the title states, this is my first post here at ats. I've been reading the forums for over a year now, and finally got around to making an account about 20 minutes ago.

A little about myself:

I am a 23 year old female living in a mid-atlantic US city. I am interested in most of the forum topics here, but if I had to pick favorites, I'd say Paranormal Studies and Psychology, Philosophy & Metaphysics.

When I'm not glued to my computer, I can usually be found drawing or painting, jamming with my band, reading, in an art class at the local college, or lounging around with my two dogs watching my favorite movie for the 1000th time. I also do all of these things with large amounts of caffiene and nicotine in my system.

I am terribly shy, even on the internet, but I hope to break that and actually take part in some of the great conversations I've only ever observed over the past year.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yes,
Welcome....I was a passive reader on ATS for about a year too before I joined.....have you come here through something youve experienced or do you just find it interesting....

enjoy your stay

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Welcome!

As for being shy...give it about 5 posts and then the change occurs..!

At first, everything seems o.k., but then you notice that you are no longer aware of time...

Then, you find you do not have the will power to "log off"...

Finally, you set your alarm to go off every 10 minutes to see if someone replied to you previous post...then..!

oops, sorry...kinda lost control - wonder how that happened...

Cya on the boards...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
welcome

Great first post for such a shy person!

Hope you have fun posting here on ATS, just don't mind the trolls.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

hahhahaahha - that exactly what Ive been doing.....need to log off and go to bed ......working tomorrow....but have access to ATS all day at work too...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

If I remember correctly, I stumbled across this site through a good ol' Google search. I can't even remember what I was searching. Probably UFOs or NWO topics. No experiences, just an obsessive interest in all things "alternative".

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Heloooo, im quite new too! But how have you got an avatar already? I tried to upload one and it said I needed to make another billion interesting intelligent posts first! OK, maybe just 200 slightly interesting posts. Well, if im honest... 20 posts... but still!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

Every 10 minutes? I've been known to stay up all night refreshing pages every 10 seconds.

Uh-Oh! I can see it now...
"Honey! Come to bed!"
"...just.. a.. little.. longer...."

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by plainview

Welcome to the jungle.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Treacherous

That is strange. I have no idea how it works.

I just went right in and added the url and bam, an avatar was born.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hon, don't be shy. Just jump in with both feet. Lots of good folks here, unlike me, and you'll do just fine. Welcome!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Treacherous
Heloooo, im quite new too! But how have you got an avatar already? I tried to upload one and it said I needed to make another billion interesting intelligent posts first! OK, maybe just 200 slightly interesting posts. Well, if im honest... 20 posts... but still!

You must be thinking of U2U. Yes those require a certain number of posts to use. As far as your problems with your avatar you might find this to be of help.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The place is very interesting in passive mode, but much more so once you join. It's easier to recognize who says what when you have their avatars to associate them with. Then you get a real sense of the 'community' here.

Welcome!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ooo ok thanks... here's trying.... (Sorry for hi-jack, lovely new lady)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
oh yeah, now ive arrived.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Welcome. I think you shall find a large community here, where you can get involved as much or as little as you wish, though you will find some of the debates raging in threads extremely addictive!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by plainview

Welcome to ATS. I,too am unnaturally obsessed with UFOs and the NWO. It's all the internet's fault. Oh well, I guess that makes ATS my drug of choice. Well, have fun here. Before you know it you'll love seeing your opinions up in print just like the rest of us egotists.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Welcome, plainview! I enjoy the religious threads and the paranormal threads the most. While I don't play in a band, I sure do enjoy music very much and used to play in bands that were trombone friendly. I can sometimes be found in an art class, but usually you will find me in my studio painting and experimenting with other materials while listening to blues, metal or C2C.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hi and Welcome on ATS...Have a great time

top topics

<<   2 >>

join