It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cashless society, answer to terrorism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
yes i was reading an article. and it caught my attention that the nwo is fully enforced and on its way. possibility supporting the upcoming events is that if a terrorist cant use money or fly over here or stay somewhere or do something would require money, that explains why the prophecy of the 'whole mark of the beast' comes in. its happening right before our eyes. british troops in europe are already said to have implanted 'chips' in the backs of theyre necks.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
A cashless society is a perfect way for the NWO to control people. Control the computers that hold people's bank accounts and you control the people. Without cash, people wont be able to buy anything without accepting the bank's cashless society systems.
Mark of the beast ? - one step towards it.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Some argue that the mark of the beast is already here and has been for centuries. It goes right back to the Roman Emperors forcing their citzens to use coins with their names on as the only way to trade.

There are lots of cross references with the Book of Revelation which back this up. But there are several schools of thought debating the matter.

More details
Search for Book of Revelation on Wikipedia.com

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
And also limiting the acceptance of larger bills. Plenty of places won't take 50s or 100s.

I don't like using my debit very much, I prefer to carry cash.
There's a new debit type thing, too. Dexit. hey've been giving out the chips with 5 bucks on them for free to get people to sign up.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
While the Mark of the Beast may have been here for centuries, I don't think it's actually planned to be the mark of the beast- if it turns out that way, it'll be purely coincidence- since the antichrist would have to rise in to power first, then implement the mark during his reign.

I'm still a bit unsure if the cashless system would stop terrorism- they figured out how to get around their frozen bank accounts, and still got funding, so i would imagine they could do the same with the cashless system- someone in the group, who isn't really a "known" terrorist to the rest of the world could purchase the proper equipment, then funnel it to the other members of the group.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
This is the argument that the Anti Christ has already come by correlating historic events with the Book of Revelation. Though Reve;ations is notoriously difficult to interpret since we do not know what time period it spans or whether it is in chronological or thematic order.

"Among many critics, the beast from the sea that had received plenitude of power from the dragon, or Satan, is actually the Roman Empire, or rather, the Emperor, its supreme representative.

The token of the beast with which its servants are marked is the image of the emperor on the coins of the realm. This seems to be the obvious meaning of the passage, that all business transactions, all buying and selling were impossible to them that had not the mark of the beast (Rev. 13:17). Against this interpretation it is objected that the Jews at the time of Jesus had no scruple in handling money on which the image of Caesar was stamped (Matt. 22:15-22). But it should be borne in mind that the horror of the Jews for the imperial images was principally due to the policy of Caligula. He confiscated several of their synagogues, changing them into heathen temples by placing his statue in them. He even sought to erect an image of himself in the Temple in Jerusalem (Josephus, Antiquities, 18.8.2).

The seven heads of the beast are seven Roman emperors. Five of them are said to be fallen. They are Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius, and Nero. The year of Nero's death is 68. The text goes on to say "One is", namely Vespasian, 70-79. He is the sixth emperor. The seventh "is not yet come. But when he comes his reign will be short". Titus is meant, who reigned but two years (79-81). The eighth emperor is Domitian (81-96); He is identified with the beast. He is described as the one that "was and is not and shall come up out of the bottomless pit" (xvii, 8). In verse 11 it is added: "And the beast which was and is not: the same also is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into destruction".

All this sounds like oracular language. But the clue to its solution is furnished by a popular belief largely spread at the time. The death of Nero had been witnessed by few. Chiefly in the East a notion had taken hold of the mind of the people that Nero was still alive. Gentiles, Jews, and Christians were under the illusion that he was hiding himself, and as was commonly thought, he had gone over to the Parthians, the most troublesome foes of the empire. From there they expected him to return at the head of a mighty army to avenge himself on his enemies. The existence of a belief in a Nero redivivus is attested by Tacitus and Dio Chrysostom.

Many contemporaries of the author of this book believed Nero to be alive and expected his return. The author either shared their belief or utilized it for his own purpose. Nero had made a name for himself by his cruelty and licentiousness. The Christians in particular had reason to dread him. Under him the first persecution took place. The second occurred under Domitian. But unlike the previous one, it was not confined to Italy, but spread throughout the provinces. Many Christians were put to death, many were banished (Eusebius, Hist. Eccl., III, 17-19). In this way the Book of Revelation seems to regard Domitian as a second Nero, "Nero redivivus". Hence it describes him as "the one that was, that is not, and that is to return". Hence also he counts him as the eighth and at the same time makes him one of the preceding seven, viz. the fifth, Nero.

Note that pagan authors called Domitian a second Nero (calvus Nero, Juvenal. IV, 38). The popular belief concerning Nero's death and return seems to be referred to also in the passage (xiii, 3): "And I saw one of its heads as it were slain to death: and its death's wound was healed".

The ten horns are commonly explained as the vassal rulers under the supremacy of Rome. They are described as kings (basileis), here to be taken in a wider sense, that they are not real kings, but received power to rule with the beast. Their power, moreover, is but for one hour, signifying its short duration and instability (xvii, 17).

The beast may be identified by number 666. This is very likely an instance of gematria, an early form of Jewish mysticism. Its object is to conceal a name by substituting for it a cipher of equal numerical value to the letters composing it. When the name "Nero Caesar" is spelled with Hebrew letters as ���� ��� (each letter having a corresponding numerical value) it yields the numerical result of 666.

The second beast, that from the land, the pseudoprophet whose office was to assist the beast from the sea, probably signifies the work of seduction carried on by apostate Christians. They endeavoured to make their fellow Christians adopt the heathen practices and submit themselves to the cultus of the Caesar. They are not unlikely the Nicolaitans of the seven Epistles. For they are there compared to Balaam and Jezabel seducing the Israelites to idolatry and fornication. The woman in travail is a personification of the synagogue or the church. Her first-born is Jesus, her other seed is the community of the faithful."

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
thats all exactly true.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i would ask you to read my posting under predictions it is called "How the war on terror could be used to make you take the chip"....it is exactly what your talking about!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbo
so i would imagine they could do the same with the cashless system- someone in the group, who isn't really a "known" terrorist to the rest of the world could purchase the proper equipment, then funnel it to the other members of the group.

Someone would be able to buy things for a group of terrorists, but since all transactions would be in a database somewhere, the government could track the buyer and then figure out who got the goods.

While there are some benefits to a cashless economy, I would rather put up with the little annoyances of cash to keep a shred of privacy. Now when I go to the store to get books on speculative topics (aliens, illuminati, government coverups) or on anything related to drug culture, I buy in cash only so my purchase history won't be available to any snooping feds. Without the option of cash, a curious party with a warrant could see all the books I've bought AND all the other things I've bought. That's scary. Screw that.

We should all oppose any kind of cashless economy before it's too late.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
degree this happening is inevitable. dont you see? NOTHING will ever stop a cashless society, its in scripture, and mankind is just as lazy to make such a choice. if somebody really made this a cashless society then the government could moniter EVERYTHING we buy and put 2 and 2 together. sick

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Whoa, back up.

Whats this # about British Troops already having chips implanted in them? Since when? Do you have a link about this, or any more info?

Cashless society is a bad thing. For one, Im all for trade and barter. I still have a problem with paper currency. let alone chips.

I would never take a chip. I am not so dependant upon moder civilization that i could not survive without it. I could easily live off of bugs and grass and berries, ive done it before.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
degree this happening is inevitable. dont you see? NOTHING will ever stop a cashless society, its in scripture, and mankind is just as lazy to make such a choice.

I do not agree that it is inevitable. I also do not agree that a cashless economy is specified in any Judeo-Christian theological texts. In my opinion, the Mark of the Beast does not have to mean some kind of monetary system. It could mean that, but it doesn't necessarily have to.

Further, I do not believe in Biblical prophesy. If you really believe in it, you should stop worrying so much and embrace the changes, as they will happen regardless of your actions. Warning others will do no good. Also, if the prophesy is true, then it is unfair of you to call mankind lazy, since the choice was made for us by God.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by 23rd_Degree]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Skadi_the_Evil_Elf there was already someone who posted that thread about british troops having chips int their necks while in iraq. you just havent read the post. look up and you SHOULD find something on the subject. im positive.

top topics

join