It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town's Fury At TV Witch Curse Claim.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The makers of the paranormal hit TV show, Most Haunted , have managed to upset the inhabitants of the quaint Welsh town of Denbigh, by claiming that it is cursed by 13th century witches. The week long Halloween investigation of Denbigh, as shown on Living TV, climax's on Friday when they will conduct an exorcism and ritual burning inside the grounds of the local church.

The claims that Denbigh is a cursed village has caused outrage.

www.dailypost.co.uk...

www.denbighshirevisitor.com...

This is not the first time that this show has appeared in the news as the ex-resident medium, Derek Acorah, was apparently caught cheating by the shows psychic investigator, Keiran O'Keefe.

www.mirror.co.uk...=16303507&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=spooky-truth--name_page.html

"As far as I'm concerned the show is completely faked from start to finish. It's Scooby Doo for grown ups! The problem is Most Haunted has almost certainly set back serious paranormal research into hauntings by decades.
So what do you think? Is Denbigh a cursed village? Is Most Haunted real? Let the games begin. . .

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The show is a joke. It's harmful to the field. 'Scooby-Doo for adults' is a perfect way to phrase it. It's playing Ghost Busters, but without the costumes. It's pathetic.

And no, of course Denbigh isn't cursed, for two good reasons:

1. Most Haunted, and everyone on it, seem to be imbeciles
2. Curses don't exist, or at least have never ever been demonstrated to exist, which is strange for a supposedly physical interaction with human beings.

So no, Denbigh can sleep safe tonight.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Couldn't agree with you more. If you want to see to what lengths these charlatans will go to fool their sad fans just go to youtube. For instance, here's what host, Yvette Fielding, thinks of Derek Acorah. . .

uk.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
so this is what I get when I search for my hometown Denbigh on ATS...

I'm freaked out, so I've lived in a curse town for all my 19 years of life.

I seriously doubt that we're cursed, I even went to asylum today to have a look around. There's nothing paranormal going on there, I've been around the entire place in a dark Winter Evening a few years ago - which was before the time Most Haunted went there. They faked the entire show, it's a disgrace. I've heard more noises coming from my own attic than in that asylum. The place is is one of the most peaceful places you could possibly go to walk your dog.

So many lies in this world, this is why I've stopped watching reality shows.

top topics

join