It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US ELECTION: Results as they come in

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I got to my polling place at around 8:20am and there was nobody there. I was in and out in 5 minutes. The poll workers told me that there was a slight rush at 7am, up to 5 minutes wait to vote, and there had a been a steady flow of a person every 5 minutes or so since then.

Gotta love small town America

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
Gotta love small town America

I'll second that.

I waited about 7 minutes or so in line before I voted this morning.

Piece of cake!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Oh, I forgot to tell I live in a small town Souther Ga state and this state is after all one of those that is expected to change color.

Let see what happen.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I will echo the small town sentiments. I was in and out and back home in 15 minutes. Oh, and it was busy. Go OHIO. Unfortunately, I can't speak for the population centers. I'm just in the burbs.

One oddity though, my name/address/ signature was on the register twice. I have only registered once. I was honest and reported the fault. After today, I may have wished I voted twice.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I wonder how many people will see long lines and decide it is not worth the hassle to vote.

Rural areas might not have this problem but I would expect it in bigger cities.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Posting a link for my favorite "no-nonsense just give me the numbers site"
scoreboard.dailykos.com...

Yes, the site's a hotbed of liberalism (like me) but the map is just a map with numbers and a scoreboard on the side so you can see total tallies. Tabs at the top of the map track gubernatorial, house, and senate races, all of which are important in the election.

...and there's not politicking on that maps page. Just the maps, ma'm.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
US Electoral officers now believe turnout will reach over 140 million.

Rasmussen Reports;

In the Electoral College projections, Rasmussen Reports now shows Obama leading 260 to 160. When states that are leaning in one way or the other are included, Obama leads 286 to 160. A total of 270 Electoral College votes are needed for victory.

Rasmussen Report: US Election

Rasmussen final poll: Obama 53% McCain 46%

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Also, here's the link to CNN's live feeds:
www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Also, here's the link to CNN's live feeds:
www.cnn.com...

Ah, thank you

For UK members, election coverage starts at 11pm on Skynews and BBC. infinite will probably get some sleep in a few hours and wake up to hopefully cover the whole election for ATS

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

no-one told sky news they were supposed to wait 'till 11pm, they're covering nothing else

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well in my local news they are showing Atlanta voting areas and the lines are incredible.

Also already we know that about 2 million vote on early voting here in GA.

So to show that after two million voting we still have long lines today it shows that we may have some historical voting in this state today.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Have we got any members in California? Voting has just opened and the officials are predicting up to 80% turnout
Lines started two hours before the polls opened.

So far, we can assume the Democrats have worked the vote very well and ensured their core voters are turning out. Question is, however, can McCain get his core vote out too. IMHO, that will determined if Obama gets a landslide or not.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
So far, we can assume the Democrats have worked the vote very well and ensured their core voters are turning out.

How can we assume that?

Couldn't we just as easily assume that all of these lines are full of McCain supporters and undecideds who will vote for McCain?

I'm not assuming anything at this point.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I just drove around my small village and the lines at the polling places were longer than I have ever seen them. Not even a place to park at my polling place and I was there at 8am.

Historically, large voter turnouts does not bode well for the GOP.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Couldn't we just as easily assume that all of these lines are full of McCain supporters and undecideds who will vote for McCain?

From early analysis, including from FOXNews, Democrats were so far outnumbering Republicans in early voting. Plus, the States which allowed early voting have shown Obama has a significant lead over McCain.

It will be interesting to see State by State turnout after the election, it's going to be fascinating.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That is what I been seen also, here in my neck of the woods, you never see this type of lines in elections.

I am very happy that at least people are trying to do something the only way the can with their right to vote.

Even when my feelings about this nation politics are totally negative.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I really have been debating when to go. I have a tot so I really can't stand in line. He is a dynamo so he would have the place wrecked in an hour.

I know that if you go in the later hours, the after workers go and the lines go till 10 at night.

Maybe 4?
people are at lunch or still at work. maybe 3.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I agree. The same speculations were made for Kerry in the last election.

I don't think one party gets up any ealier then the other.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
here in Albuquerque the poling place was busy but no line... at 8:10...
Walked right up to the counter showed my voter ID they gave me a number and a paper ballot then I sat at a booth to color in the ovals.

I was kind of surprised to see Ron Paul wasn't on the list???
Link to see what our ballot was like

but even with a paper ballot I was in and out in five minutes...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
We need a results moratorium across all media outlets until the polls have closed in all fairness to people who have not voted and given the fact that we have multiple time zones.

We all know that media swings in multiple directions and has a profound impact on people that may not be able to think for themselves. All of these early reports can certainly backfire on either candidate. He's got it in the bag, I won't vote or he's losing I won't vote. Just hold steady, vote and wait until tomorrow or perhaps next month when they figure it all out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join