It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 9, 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
My amazing powers to see the future have informed me that the Detroit Lions will lose to the Jacksonville Jaguars on the 9th day of November, in the year two thousand and eight.

Be prepared but dont be afraid.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
My amazing powers to see the future have informed me that the Detroit Lions will lose to the Jacksonville Jaguars on the 9th day of November, in the year two thousand and eight.

Be prepared but dont be afraid.

Now had you said they were going to win I would have been worried. The lions losing just means that all is right with the world...except in Detroit.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
That pails in comparison to my prophecy of the OSU Cowboys crushingly defeating the Texas Tech Red Raiders.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

Very good point. I sometimes wonder if the Lions started winning or one day make it to the Superbowl and win it, if the fans could handle it. There are several generations that are accustomed to loving to hate and bashing the team they deeply admire.
The Lions dont get the attention that the Cubs fans do, but the Lions have been perennial losers since the curse of Bobby Lane.

Oddly enough that curse ended this year and it has had little effect. Maybe it applies to the next season.

Elderly Lions fans have the attitude of a scorned lover. Each year they are told things will be different and the response is almost always: "I'll believe it when I see it". They have just been burned too many times, they have a hard time having any hope. If it wasnt for a few special players sporting the blue and silver over the years, i'm afraid many would have given up hope completely. Barry Sanders kept many fans hope alive and to this day he is one of the few bright spots in an otherwise dismal franchise.

join