It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Lately I have been thinking about evolution and how the planets work and I have come up with my own little "theory" on the planets and solar system.

I believe that every planet becomes an earth....

For example, When Mercury was in the place of where Earth is now in our solar system it was the same as Earth. Grasslands mountains and so on. But over the years it gets pulled closer and closer into the sun eventually burning out all lifeforms dying off.

Now if we take a moment to look at Mars you will know that there has been germs chemicals and water discovered there, so the evolution has already started then when it gets to Earths location it will look like we do today.

www.sciencedaily.com...

any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Every planet? What about planets made of gasses, like Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I believe we will terraform Mars in the next 500 years.

All it would take would be to drop large comets on it and add some CO2 to start a greenhouse/global warming effect.

Add two space elevators one on earth and one on Mars plus about 12 space liners to travel between Earth and Mars and we can start moving in.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheScribe

Every planet? What about planets made of gasses, like Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune?

They start of as gas or other things, then as they get pulled in from orbit by the sun the Sun evolves them.

What do u think Earth would look like if it wasn't exposed to the sun as we are today?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
1. Got any evidence to support the idea that all the planets are all spiraling down into the sun? Because established physics doesn't support that idea.

2. Any evidence that mercury was ever anything but a tiny lifeless rock with no atmosphere?

3. Mars had an atmosphere and probably liquid water earlier in it's history. it's core cooled off, it lost most of it's magnetic field, and it's atmosphere was slowly blown away by the solar wind until now it's so thin that the planet is a frozen arid wasteland. By my reckoning, it's far past the point where it was at it's most earth like.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
is there scientific proof that the planets in fact move closer to the sun in the first place

was Mercury really out as far as the Earth is today and has it moved closer?

I think it might be arrogant to say that the only sentient life is the life we know - the gas giants could be populated by gas beings whom we will never meet and never know about, simply because they are so different from what we call sentient life - but does that mean there is no chance of there being sentient life that inhabit gas giants? Just because we can never meet them or get to know them?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

1. Got any evidence to support the idea that all the planets are all spiraling down into the sun? Because established physics doesn't support that idea.

Well too be honest a science teacher from last year actually told me that they do because he was trying to get across a point about physics or something, guess he was wrong.

basically all i can say now is...

Checkmate.

Guess i'll research more before publishing my "theorys'

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Nah that's not a theory, that's a belief you talking about. A theory has to have some logic behind it, but a belief doesn't. You gave me a good laugh with your suggestions though, and rememebr the Earth wasn't always green and blue.

Mercury has always been baked hot by the Sun and small planets don't have very much of an atmosphere. Life as we know it cannot exist on smaller rocky worlds like Mercury. Mars and Venus may have a case to suggest billions of years back that some form of life lived there, but we don't have enough data to support any such claim. Wind speeds on Jupiter and Saturn can be over a 100 mph, and normally are around 200 mph. I'd like to see anything live in constant mega-hurricane storms, never mind evolve there! Of course maybe intelligent life evolved on Earth before humans in the distant past, and moved outwards into the outer solar system. Anything is possible within applicable reasoning though.

top topics

join