It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you summon things?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Call me crazy, but, I don't know how to describe this, but when I have a certain thought it seems like a bug appears right in front of me and follows my eyes for a few seconds. Then it disappears. It really freaks me out that this happens to me. I don't see where the fly goes after that, like, it completely disappears. I'm not a schizo or anything but it's weird. Does this happen to anyone else, and, if so, do you worry about it much, or, what do you do? I just think it's weird. I'll look in front of me and a fly will come out of nowhere.

Also, I think that when I have a thought of a black cat, like "I'll see a black cat" a black cat sometimes appears. It's weird to me, like, when I think of seeing a bug a bug will appear, and this is the same for other animals and things.

I'm just wondering if you can call things like what I described here. Does that make sense to any of you?

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
this sounds like "synchronicity" to me. synchronicity is a series of events or coincidence that leads to a meaningful whole. and in order to understand these things look up Carl Gustav Jung. it has meaning but only to the observer! it is relitive to the person!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Parking spaces.

Especially useful in places like San Francisco, California and shopping mall parking lots during the holidays.

I just snap my fingers, and if the snap "sounds just right", I'll get an "impression" in my mind of just where to go for an available spot; often just as the previous occupier is just about to pull out.

In ages past, it was said that Wizards and Mages could "draw down fire" at will.
I figure this is just the modern equivelent.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
it feels like i can summon the police just by thinking about them
\

sounds like an interference pattern of electromagnetic waves reaching your optical nerve \

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
A few years ago, I discovered I could 'talk' to the wind

Don't want to say too much or the 'great out there' might consider it boastful and take the gift away from me.

What happens is this -- I'm sweeping leaves. Most people are aware that when you've got the pile all swept into a neat stack, along comes the wind or a breeze and scatters the leaves all over the place again.

And that's what used to happen with me, too.

Then, one day, I got fed up with it. It seemed as if the wind was deliberately playing with me .. taunting me .. annoying me. Because while I was sweeping the leaves into a pile, there didn't seem to be much wind. But then, just when I was shaking out a bag to put the leaves in, along would come a gust and right before my eyes, the stack of leaves was again distributed all over the garden. And it happened time and time again. To the point it was my stubborness against the wind as to who would give up first... or hang in the longest.

One day I'd just had enough of it and I said very firmly ' Stop it ! Stop doing that ! ' (said it mentally).

To my surprise, the wind which until that point had been swirling my leaves all over the place and all over me as well ... just dropped. Stopped dead.

Naturally, I got to work fast, before the wind came back.

And I put the whole thing down to coincidence.

Later that night, I remembered reading that the wind is comprised of 'spirits'. So I idly wondered about that. Didn't put much store in it though.

Several days later, same thing ... me sweeping leaves and the wind coming along and blowing all the stacks away.

Remembering the experience earlier in the week, I again said ' Stop ! Stop it ! ' .. and again, the wind that had been swirling carefully swept leaves all over the garden and pathways, just stopped dead.

This time, I said ' Thank you .. thanks for that. I'll sweep as quickly as I can. Thanks very much '.

And the wind seemed to wait for me to sweep up all the leaves and get them into bags. When I'd finished and was heading inside, I remembered again to say, ' Thank you. Very nice of you' to the wind. When I did, the wind picked up again and went back to normal.

After that, whenever I remembered, it was a repeat of the above. The wind stopped when I asked it to and I always thanked it.

These days, I automatically ask the wind to give me a break and although it's a bit stubborn sometimes, it almost always does as I ask.

I know it sounds as if it's just coincidence. I say that myself. But then I apologise mentally to the wind for thinking that, because .. silly though it must sound .. I don't want to hurt the wind's feelings by making light of this interesting phenomenon or of the wind's kindness and sense of humour.

The 'inside' me (I don't know what the correct term for the 'inside' me is .. maybe the 'authentic me', the 'primitive me', the 'real me' or just 'the child inside' -- we all have one like that inside us) knows it's in contact with the wind and accepts it as a natural thing. But the 'outside me' (the one who has to live in this real world and who has been changed by this real world -- the one who's typing this) stays on the safe-side of the argument and suggests it could all be 'coincidence' or whimsy or even imagination.

Thing is, when I'm doing something repetitive and rhythmic, I drift very easily into a mild sort of altered-state (and I think most of us are the same in this respect). In which case, it's possible that on those occasions, the 'sophisticated' self recedes and the 'authentic self' emerges and is able to communicate spontaneously and easily with the natural world.

Anyway, that's one of my little secret activities .. talking to the wind

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
If I curl my finger in a come hither motion, I summon a feline familiar which appears.

and it more often than not, will haz cheezeburgers for me to have.

-

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Nope. And no-one else can summon anything that isn't alive and in direct communication with them.

I'm sure lots of people think they can, but then these people don't have any evidence, just vague feelings or selective memory.

No offense, it's just not real.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I don't believe that we can actually 'summon' something that was not meant to be there/occur to begin with. IMO - which is just that - I think that our mind (like a portable satellite antennae) picks up on events that are going to happen just a little before they happen - i.e. - A black cat is about to cross the road (anyway)... and our minds are notified of this event just before it occurs.
Kinda like the 'chicken or the egg' story - Some people may believe that because they thought about getting a coffee - someone (magically) brings them one.
When that someone with the coffee may have already been on its way - however we pick up on it coming our way just prior to the event. Not so much 'psychic' as maybe a built in early warning system that we never thing to use in that way.

But I don't think we can produce an object or result directly by the power of summons.

And if my explanation made no sense... Just summon me another topic.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Call me crazy, but, I don't know how to describe this, but when I have a certain thought it seems like a bug appears right in front of me and follows my eyes for a few seconds. Then it disappears. It really freaks me out that this happens to me. I don't see where the fly goes after that, like, it completely disappears. I'm not a schizo or anything but it's weird. Does this happen to anyone else, and, if so, do you worry about it much, or, what do you do? I just think it's weird. I'll look in front of me and a fly will come out of nowhere.

Also, I think that when I have a thought of a black cat, like "I'll see a black cat" a black cat sometimes appears. It's weird to me, like, when I think of seeing a bug a bug will appear, and this is the same for other animals and things.

I'm just wondering if you can call things like what I described here. Does that make sense to any of you?

This is what some people call "White Car Syndrome". When you get a new car, say, a white mazda, you begin to notice them more and more.

Because you had an experience with a bug that followed your eyes (or was your eye drawn to the movement of the bug?) when you had a certain thought, you look for the bug now when you have the thought.

How many times do you have the thought and NOT see the bug? How many times do you see a bug without having the thought?

The same could be said for the black cat scenario? How often do you see a black cat without taking notice of it? How often do you see black cats and take notice of them without 'summoning' them?

Or.. maybe you are a summoner.

(Summon a few million Obama voters, please.)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

I used to have an amulet that governed all elements and stuff, and I also used to ''speak'' requests.

Rather than just speaking to the wind though, I'd just speak ''out there''.

I actually did a sun-dance once as well in a circle, and a hole appeared in the clouds directly above my sun-dance circle. And requests are fulfilled quite an amount of times as well.

Hell I can even ''request'' traffic lights to turn green.

I guess we're just special and are able to talk to molecules that then do magical stuff.

No really though, I know what you mean with apologizing for saying such stuff lol. Anyway, this isn't exactly ''summoning'' though, since you're merely doing requests. There's another thread for actual psychic abilities / paranormal stuff.

As for summoning, the only *real* summoning with ''physical'' evidence I do is in Lucid Dreams, and it is physical as in that I can interact with the summoned ''whatevers''.

[edit on 4/11/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Are you sure you don't have floaters?

They trick you, especially if you are not aware of them. I was swatting at imaginary gnats for 2 weeks before I figured out the floaters.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I have to agree with the above poster. Have you experienced any impacts to your head while growing up? I believe blunt force trauma to the head can cause floaters (among other things). It might be something you should get checked out at an optomitrist.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

That's interesting. I never knew about that. That might be what they are.

reply to post by TLomon

I wear contacts. I haven't started to see them a lot really before like a few months ago after I've been wearing my current pair for a while.

Should I see if I need another pair?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

HankMcCoy

posted on 4-11-2008 at 08:56 AM

This is what some people call "White Car Syndrome". When you get a new car, say, a white mazda, you begin to notice them more and more.

Because you had an experience with a bug that followed your eyes (or was your eye drawn to the movement of the bug?) when you had a certain thought, you look for the bug now when you have the thought.

How many times do you have the thought and NOT see the bug? How many times do you see a bug without having the thought?

I've seen the bug several times when I've had the thought and other times when I didn't have the thought. It's also like when I think of a light appearing in front of me I'll see a white flashing light. Could there be something to this?

The same could be said for the black cat scenario? How often do you see a black cat without taking notice of it? How often do you see black cats and take notice of them without 'summoning' them?

I actually see black cats every now and then, and, since I've seen them so much, when I see them I think I summon them because I've seen them so much.

Or.. maybe you are a summoner.

(Summon a few million Obama voters, please.)

I'll try but don't count on it for places that are in the South.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Every time 'Profit' Yaweh shows up to summon UFO's, I summon a clear sky and, PRESTO CHANGO clear skies!!! I can do it every time!!

Zindo

[edit on 11/4/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I think you should try to be a little bit more open minded.

Can anyone with an open mind try to create a rational explanation to this phenomenon or whatever?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I am open-minded. I just need evidence before I believe something. Anecdotes and baseless assertions are not evidence.

Or don't you want to learn? Or are you just looking to find people you agree with?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I see what you're saying.

I just would like to think that since it happens to me all the time there is something to it.

Maybe since it doesn't happen to you all that often you are a little skeptical of this phenomenon.

I wasn't trying to be rude here, it's just, that your post reminded me of how I was when I used to feel like when I used the argument of "it isn't real unless I can see it" against things I didn't believe in.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I've found that I can summon up all sorts of things just by doing a few simple steps. First I pick up the phone and dial a few numbers, then ask for what I want to summon up and ten minutes or so later there's a knock on the door. Absolute proof that I can, at will, summon up a pepperoni and olive pizza!!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Even if it happened to me, I'd still be skeptical, as that is not actual scientific evidence no matter how compelling. To get actual evidence, the summoning would have to happen in a controlled environment, with a control group, etc. etc. with a falsifiable hypothesis agreed upon before the experiment starts.

That's all I'm saying. I believe anything could be possible, but to stop me from believing everything, I have to have my standards, and that is the need for actual evidence before I believe something.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join