It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is very Strange.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The e-mail account I used to register ATS with is not "working". It is an anonymous account that I only log into from public wifi sources. It is a hotmail account. My other hotmail accounts are able to be accessed without any problems whatsoever.

The question that begs to be asked... how safe is ATS? Should I be worried? I am always quite careful when looking at "controversial" things on my computer... but something like this has never happened before. Thank goodness the account is essentially a "dummy" one.

Ideas anyone?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
hmmm interesting,
i was on google earth earlier and i was searching things like
"New world order"
"freemasonry"
"area51" and so on, and then out of nowhere my computer just crashed and i can't get back into google earth even with multiple restarts and re-installs.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Big Brother Is Watching !!!

Ysterday I read a thread on ATS that the OP said he tried to log in At ATS and it told him-her that the account did not exist...Then talked to MODs and was told that was no record that it ever existed.

This person has been with ATS for a long time.(had to open a new account)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Ok, I’m saying (typing) this tongue in cheek a bit - but - you never know.
The coincidence is pretty amazing, but, is it just coincidence or not?

My Parents use Comcast.
A week ago I sent them via email a link to ATS - telling them they really need to take a look at the info found here.
Ever since I sent them the email extolling the virtues (ha ha) of ATS?

When they choose *reply* to my emails - I never get them.

In fact, I went into my Parents email to make sure.
I sent them an email from my account.
Signed into their account - checked - there was my email.
I choose *reply* to my email and typed a quick test message.
The email never *replied* to my account. (Yahoo)

Since this began I’ve written an email every single day with the heading ATS (rub it in Comcast’s face) and each and every day my Mother chooses the *reply* --- no email returns to me. (We do this while talking on Skype).

Today she tried manually adding my name to the address line.
Even that didn't work. (And of course I check my blocked addresses every day to make sure they didn't sneak in my iggy bin somehow.)

Is it because of ATS?
Because the email is International?

Comcast definitely has a problem.
The Folks are going to call Comcast tomorrow.
Will be interesting to see what they have to say.

...taps...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This may be coincidence but the last week or so I have been on ATS more than normal, and every session I have had to restart my cable modem and wireless router. I loose all network connectivity. I have 3 Macs and a wireless network throughout my house, and it only affects the one I am viewing ATS with. The other two machines can still connect two the internet when this happens. My powerbook (thats the machine I view ATS the most with) will not reconnect to the internet until I unplug the cable modem and wireless router. Could be coincidence, who knows...

Better start using a browser scrubber

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Ive been following posts related to any internet anomalies for a couple of months now due to my own experience with a social networking site. See my own thread at :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was a suggestion that a lot of the security agencies were going to increase their monitoring of the net and it looks like it has started.

In the UK there has been a huge 12 billion investement in our own GHCQ (Our CIA, FBI) budget aimed specifically at monitoring our phone and internet communications.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

It is an intrusive world we live in and I think you are correct in assuming your email is being monitored. I know mine is thanks to the logs I receive from my Pro-site.

respects

[edit on 4-11-2008 by captiva]

[edit on 4-11-2008 by captiva]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
"It is an intrusive world we live in and I think you are correct in assuming your email is being monitored. I know mine is thanks to the logs I receive from my Pro-site."

captiva: What do you mean by your "Pro-site"? I would be very interested to find out more about e-mail monitoring, specifically of my e-mail!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
.check junk mail etc...maybe its in there...or could the ISP's be putting a block on certain sites....

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Amniodarone

ATS is not controversial in the least. No governments will ever be toppled by what's on ATS. It's definitely not controversial enough to warrant such a response

It's most likely your ISP having a hiccup or two - it happens all the time.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by allidid

Welcome to ATS allidid.
Take some time to read the ATS handbook It'll help you get to know your way around here. Sent you a U2U (Yellow and red button displaying at top of your page now, if you've not yet clicked it)

As far as the topic goes in this thread, I too can only imagine that it is a temporary glitch with hotmail (never did like their engine).

I've never had any trouble with my e-mail account so why some tend to get this issue may be one of those 'internet mysteries' we may never uncover

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I'm telling you all now for the record, nwo take over has begun. with all the latest reports of wierd deaths involving the canidates camps and families, along with militart training in us cities without disclosure and the apperent blitz online taking all the conpiracy news out of the public focus its a little un nerving. I am really concerned about these growing trends especially with the election and the allready repoted on place ment of us military and the preperation of local law enforcment for civil unrest. ITS GOING DOWN SOON!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

Got proof?

What, you don't? Weird!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

ATS is not controversial in the least. No governments will ever be toppled by what's on ATS. It's definitely not controversial enough to warrant such a response

It's most likely your ISP having a hiccup or two - it happens all the time.

I thought this as well... but I used the same computer and the same connection to log onto other hotmail accounts with no problem whatsoever. No, I hear about the other "coincidences" and it makes me wonder. I know that some of the members here in ATS do have access to sensitive government information.. even though they do not post it. I wonder if the monitoring extends to other areas (i.e. e-mail account monitoring). It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If you can loose your account like that, is there any way to take a copy of my account to my own hard disk, so if it dissapears from ATS like mentioned, I can send info back to host?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It might not surprise you in the least, but wait for actual evidence before leaping off the handle into the realms of government-sponsored email-tampering!

And anyone who claims to have access to sensitive information is usually fibbing, as those folks don't advertise that fact. They're most likely just trying to make themselves look better in the eyes of their peers.

Evidence is what we need, and so far there is none for any weird conspiracies involving your email

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

SURE ITS CALLED A GOOGLE SEARCH. Man people like you are tiring, why dont you go burn another. Any info regaurding the gear up of local law agencies can be found on the associated press site, the deaths in obama camp are currently being discussed here on ats, and for any future inquaries please refer to the use of your own mind, you neocon stoner. Why do you have any proof I'm wrong? oh you don't wierd.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by BeyondBelow]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
and by the way opion does not need poroof only thought. Thanks though. Nice screen name by the way. IGNORANCE CAN BE BLISS AFTER ALL HUH>

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The past three days a hacker has been gaining access to my system and re-setting my security settings in my firewall. Specifically when I am surfing ATS or looking at certain videos on YouTube (but especially at ATS when I am typing a post), my screen will start scrolling all by itself, or my browser window will close suddenly, or something similar will catch my attention. So I go into my firewall's control panel, and lo and behold, my browser has been given server rights! Several other programs have also been granted server rights. So I reset every program on my computer to the desired settings (which takes forever) and reboot. Open the firewall to check the settings, they are still good. Open the browser again, check the firewall, all is OK.

A few hours later the computer starts acting funny and I remember to check again - and again my browser (and a few other programs) have again been granted server rights and are listening on various ports.

This has happened four times in three days.

I am a computer expert and I don't click on anything without scanning it first. I am painstakingly careful about security. I have my firewall set to 100% stealth; it is supposed to ask my permission before allowing a program to do ANYTHING. My latest spyware and virus scans, with current definitions, say I have no infection. When each episode happens, it reminds me suspiciously of the one or two times I have seen remote access done intentionally. However, I have manually disabled all Operating System services which permit remote access in my services control panel. That is why I think this problem is something "higher up" than your average hacker.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by OuttaHere]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

Jumping to conclusions is not going to help anyone, including yourself. You might have a hacker, you might not. You might just have some software that is misbehaving and setting your firewall settings for you, albeit incorrectly.

Paranoid much?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

Hahaha, ok - I didn't realise we were discussing the contents of your brain that are not represented in reality. Sorry. I thought we were talking about things that actually happened.

And if you can't be bothered to give evidence to support your accusations, why on earth should I do your work for you?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join