It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Make a Solar Power Generator for Less Than $300

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

God I love stumbleupon.

A while back I posted a thread about a Chinese fellow who made a solar hot water heater for the shower out of beer bottles... then there is the electricity free refrigeration system using wet sand.

Not all solutions have to be high tech... and many are better than those that are... if only for their cost. And while solar panels are certainly high tech... making a panel for $300 is a hell of a lot better than the $25,000 start up cost for the average home.

www.rain.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

Now havy you actually used this device or it is just something that you saw on the net? There's a ton of info on free energy units, but most turn out to be busts.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Thermochips can take heat or cold and generate power. Apply power and one side cools and the other heats. Reverse polarity and the cool and heat also changes sides.

These can also produce energy too with heat and cold.

Take a hotplate and mount the chips to the hotplate, put over a fire and wala, you got a generator.

Place a few onto a large finned heat sink and stick it into the ice or snow..wala you got a generator.

Themoelectric chips

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Good thread!

Although it's pretty wintery now here's the generator I built back in summer.

It cost me about $200 all-in.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Do those chipe generate either heat/cold or electricity dependant on which side of the equation the energy (electric or heat) is applied)???

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
how about installing all the needed gear...solar array, batteries, charge controller, inverter, etc in a wheelie bin? th egear is kept out of sight whist being tansported, as all the gear together is heavy, can be wheeld about to its location, and is both waether proof and hidden-in-plain-sight enough

[edit on 14-2-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
That's a pretty darn good idea Citizen, with some fake 'trash' under the lid it'd complete the disguise. The only hiccup would be lifting out the gear again, unless you used a small bin, which would, IMHO, look suspect.
You'd have to cut out a hatch and a-fix a padlock in the bottom / base area.

Here's the solar generator I made earlier (I forgot to post a link in the previous post):

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
Good thread!

Although it's pretty wintery now here's the generator I built back in summer.

It cost me about $200 all-in.

I am interested of that is that cost worthy?? Solar Power Melbourne

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
was working on getting a solar charger for AA batteries (for radios) and saw suggestion on another site; those solar lites in peoples yards usually use AA btys. only about $4 each.

now need a 120v for my pump...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join