It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember the 5th of November?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
JSR

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Remember remember the 5th of November..........

A year ago there was a thread, and a Revolution started here on ATS. Many participated in the event and on-line. It was exciting at times. There were many statements and hopes proclaimed. And I wonder........have we forgotten the 5th of November? Our "Revolution"?

I would be interested to know the opinions of the members, and the Amigos in particular, of how that day has changed ATS, or the world at large. Is there anything left undone? Have we accomplished anything we have set forth to take on?

IMO...
From the users perspective of this website, there has not been much of a change, if any at all. Publicly, we ( meaning ATS at large ) have a new book out. This is a great thing. But, the only real notch in the belt, if you will, of our revolution.

That is my opinion, right or wrong, from a users perspective. I would like to know yours.

---------

Thread ref:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

-----------------edit--------------

fix spelling.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by JSR]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I was thinking about this just a few minutes ago and actually thought about posting something.

My thinking was more along the lines of:

"I wonder how many 5th of November threads we're going to have to put up with Wednesday?"

I can already see about 100 threads popping up that say the exact same thing, it happens every year.

This is a different approach to it though, as it deals with the date in relation to ATS specifically.

I'll be interested to see how the Amigo's see the year past.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well - IMO - ATS has changed dramatically this past year. It seems to have grown exponentially. In some ways I don't think it's a change for the better and I look forward to November 5 when we can get back to discussing reptilians, moon bases and the illuminati.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I got a really cool t-shirt.

I think it's been an interesting year. Record numbers of members and posts. Big site growth. The book. ATS Mix taking off. Check out some of those high profile guest interviews. Premium videos freely available. The TinWiki getting bigger and better. More in the offing. I don't really know any more about what's going on with potential new initiatives than any other member. I'm just picking up on what the Amigos have said in various posts on the public forums about stuff in the works.

I think it's more true than ever that this is the place to be if you have an interest in the topics we cover. And it's only going to get better.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
OK. My opinion, as a member.
I have seen many changes over the past year as far as the site goes.
Jim's book is only the first.
We have the ATS mix still going strong, and now the BTS mix.
We have new forums that meet the change in our world and the needs of our members. If you can say nothing else, you can at least say that ATS tries to keep on top of that.
The "Spheres" spoke of moving into Radio and television. Things take time.
I assume everyone expected the whole world to change that night.
It was the Amigos sharing their vision with us for the future direction of the site.
They continue to work towards that vision. Nothing we want in life comes immediately on a silver platter without the hard work behind it.
A year ago would we have expected a road trip with Springer, Johnny, and Crakeur out looking for UFO evidence?
A year ago we weren't attracting as much attention globally as now.
I'd say, whatever the boys are doing behind the scenes, is working. When they have a new announcement to make, they will.
Perhaps it is due to the fact of the backlash they got last year after the Revolution party,because so many were expecting an immediate and fabulous change, that they are being a bit more reserved about making announcements. Of course that is my speculation, but if true, I would totally understand.

*Again I say, the Revolution was the sharing of a vision with all of us, FOR all of us.
I still share that vision.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I wont be posting on the 5th its Guy Fawkes night Oh and in case the yanks are wondering

en.wikipedia.org...

JSR

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The ATS and BTS mix is something i dmit to have overlooked. I dont use this feature often. And, i would have to say that has been a very big growth.

thanks for the opinions guys and gals. I'd love to here more.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
the book was step one.
we came rather close to having ats mix move from the site to the airwaves. we still want to get the show on the airwaves and we will make a big push for that as soon as a couple of other irons are removed from the proverbial fire.

we've been working on a variety of things which we think you will all find rather exciting but, these things take time and to speak of them before there's anything to mention would be pointless.

suffice it to say, SO's original game plan of radio, books, tv, video etc is still the game plan. we're working on it so stay tuned.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Can someone tell me what happened on November 5th that makes it such a special day in Above Top Secret history?

Some of us haven't been following this website for that long.

Thanks!

JSR

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

see ref. threads in the original post.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
hmmm interesting, looks like i need to look into the history of ats,, i didnt know about a lot of this... very cool.. though i did know about guy fawkes night because nov 5th is my b-day..

JSR

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well i suppose everyone has better things to talk about then.

I suspected this was the case.

viva la revolution !

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
sorry i found ATS in June 2008

viva la revolution

Nia Wind

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JSR

I never forget November 5th...

It's my BIRTHDAY!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Maybe tomorrow it will have some special meaning.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ahhh... I remember it well...

The contest graphics, the jokes, video clips, the comraderie - and that oh-so-with-it live party in NY with the Belz, Maars, the Banditos (er, I mean, Amigos, of course). That live feed to the party was awesome - it was almost like we were there, chatting along, listening in - proverbial fly-on-the wall great stuff!

Since then - hmmmm... a few intriguing developments to be sure - and more to follow no doubt. But IMHO, nothing quite like the electrifying buzz that the 5th of November produced - that was in a class by itself...

ATS is STILL the best place to hang out with like-minded folks, though (you know who you are)!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Oh I remember allright! It's where a vision of what IS to come was released to the ATS family. It was an awesome event. The vision is a grand one, and WILL come to fruition. ATS is truly the best site on the planet. I thoroughly enjoyed the event, as well as the glimpse of what is in store for ATS.
The best is yet to come.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Ahhh... I remember it well...

The contest graphics, the jokes, video clips, the comraderie - and that oh-so-with-it live party in NY with the Belz, Maars, the Banditos (er, I mean, Amigos, of course). That live feed to the party was awesome - it was almost like we were there, chatting along, listening in - proverbial fly-on-the wall great stuff!

Since then - hmmmm... a few intriguing developments to be sure - and more to follow no doubt. But IMHO, nothing quite like the electrifying buzz that the 5th of November produced - that was in a class by itself...

ATS is STILL the best place to hang out with like-minded folks, though (you know who you are)!

I fear I shall have DOLLNEAN nightmares tonight!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

At work I still have DOLLNEAN papers stashed in my desk from trying to solve that evil anagram.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I fear I shall have DOLLNEAN nightmares tonight!

Thanks for putting that in my head. Anything but chicken pants, I guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join