It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are stealth scientists worried about Sky Fishing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I once talked to a stealth scientist who mentioned his community was concerned about folk doing sky fishing. I got the sense that visual detection was part of stealth and focused on what the human eye could see, but digital cameras are seeing what they're not supposed to.

Anyone knowledgeable know?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Fascinating, flagged.

Do you sky fish yourself? Got any good pics to share? I did a search on it and found some interesting sites. Do you know any good sites you can share?

[edit on 3-11-2008 by HiAliens]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
sorry,I seem to be missing some information on this.

What the bleedin'eck's sky fishing?

Is it just taking pictures of the sky in a random fashion?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

People are getting huge (30 foot+) carbon fibre rods and aiming the hooks at the sky, to see what they can catch. Stealth Bombers are getting caught in the lines and brought down on a daily basis, the military is up in arms about it.

I had to google it myself actually, though I had a pretty good idea what it was. It's actually the act of taking a high-powered camera, especially one with broad spectrum capability such as infra-red, and aiming it at an apparently empty sky. You examine the footage later and hope to find UFOs/whatever that you couldn't see with the naked eye.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
COOL! that would explain the new ir and infared images that have been poping up on the net. I need to get an IR cam soon then, any one got some cool shots?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sky fishing is indeed the act of catching unknown ojects on film/ camera when the human eye cannot see them. It started with Jose Escamilla in 1994. In Mexico, at a place called The Cave Of Swallows, a famous place where people cliff dive, he caught on film unknown ojects zipping around performing incredible acts of flight and going exceptionally fast. They are NOT birds(Swallows). They are NOT insects. He dubbed them as "Rods". Since then, people ALL OVER THE WORLD have been catching these things on camera and film. Unexplained Rods (They look like cylindrical insects) have even been caught coming and going in and out of bodies of water. When people go "Sky fishing", they try to film these things. In the process, these people also capture UFOs, which could be alien or government craft unseen by the human eye. You can check out one of the many websites out there. One is www.roswellrods.com. You can also google rods, or skyfish. I hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
what!!! not even one sky hook joke, i'm disgusted.

what exactly is a stealth scientist?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
They are developing new visual stealth systems that won't have any problem with sky fishing. I've seen an early model visual stealth array that easily fooled a regular camera, and the people working on it said that they're well beyond that, and moving into infrared and beyond.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

A scientist thats also a NINJA! WHHHAAAA!, get it stealth scientist?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Jeeze, I got the jokester crowd!

Acidtastic and BeyondBelow got it right, sky fishing is taking a series of photographs of the sky with camera with high sensitivity...sensors and examining the photographs afterwards, usually with computer enhancement.

Stealth scientist - maybe I should clarify that. Scientists associated with aerospace companies from many background disciplines that contribute to stealth technologies.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Of what utility would this be in a tactical environment however? Esp. For stealth aircraft? I mean the analysis time would have to be greater than the mission time to be sure. You might get say basic cource track etc, but a few evasive manuvers would throw that off anyway.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
I once talked to a stealth scientist who mentioned his community was concerned about folk doing sky fishing. I got the sense that visual detection was part of stealth and focused on what the human eye could see, but digital cameras are seeing what they're not supposed to.

Anyone knowledgeable know?

What possible harm would this "sky fishing" do?
I know aerospace engineers, project managers on variety of UAV projects, some are stealth. None have ever mentioned being somehow fearful of people with digital cameras.

If someone sees something that defies known physics or simply doesn't look or behave like known technology it will just be written up as another UFO sighting.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
My best guess is that sky fishing could lead to more sophisticated detection technologies. If you figure out what specific wavelengths to monitor you could then develop ultra-sensitive sensors. Submarines were thought invisible until ultra-sensitive magnetic 'squid' sensors were developed that sensed submarines from alterations in the earth's magnetic field.

Also you might be able to establish flight patterns and schedules.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Dbriefed]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

This is most likely a fear of a return to simple area defense by balloon. My paternal great grandfather was in the U.S. Army Balloon Corps in WW-I.

The use of barrage balloons suspending anti aircraft steel nets and cables was used through WW-II against tactical air support aircraft.

A return to modern, lower weight, high tech anti aircraft balloon barrages could result in huge areas, 10's of thousands of feet high, being shielded by high strength fiber based nets.

These nets would be as stealthy as the stealth aircraft, and just as hard to detect. Any penetrating aircraft would have its flight terminated early, stealth or otherwise.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Works both ways!

I mean all sorts of stuff is constantly being developed to monitor our every thought and movement in our daily lives, in everything from CCTV,s ariel drones being used not just in war zones, this sky fishing (first time I've heard that term - like it) seems to be quite a cost effective and interesting way to monitor them! -

Mind you, western nations would probably be put at a disproportionate disadvantage by this - they don't seem to crack down on the internet as much as the likes of China.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
"Skyfishing" seems more likely to be a concocted reason to spread around photoshopped images and write books for nutters.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
...sky fishing is taking a series of photographs of the sky with camera with high sensitivity...sensors and examining the photographs afterwards, usually with computer enhancement.

This borders on the absurd.

Potential high tech enemies already know the theoretical where advanced stealth is concerned and would therefore know the spectral bandwidths to monitor if applicable to the method.

There is also no reason why advanced technology stealth test vehicles should be flying over non-restricted airspace unless it is a combat mission.

Then if spotted it can easily just be relegated to yet another UFO sighting.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Alrighty than,
First go out and get a basic Sony digital still or video, with night shot capabilities.This shoots in the infrared spectrum.Like night vision goggles.Now go and buy an infrared filter that fits the camera.Basically a very dark filter that allows the night shot to work in day light.Cool ! You will be amazed at what's really flying around your neighborhood.Yes you might even catch some new fangled black project.More importantly though,and I think what the government would be more worried about,are UFO's. Yup it seems that they radiate some type of heat with there field generated craft,so you will probably get more shots of them,unless your down around area 51 or any other spook town. I have seen side by side comparison same camera one with night shot,one with out.Mounted on the the same tri-pod.No photoshop,no foolin !!
Nightshot gets the object,day shot shoots the sky.Have fun fishing,and start posting those day crafts sneaking around.

top topics

join