It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

51 things not on Google maps.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
www.itsecurity.com...

Depending on which feature you use, Google Maps offers a satellite view or a street-level view of tons of locations around the world. You can look up landmarks like the Pyramids of Egypt or the Great Wall of China, as well as more personal places, like your ex’s house. But for all of the places that Google Maps allows you to see, there are plenty of places that are off-limits. Whether it’s due to government restrictions, personal-privacy lawsuits or mistakes, Google Maps has slapped a "Prohibited" sign on the following 51 places.

Playland amusement park in New York is on the list-whats going on there then?

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

there are various small parts of new mexico that i have come across that have white-out portions to them, also various other states that have these white-out locations, often in seemingly desolute locations.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
www.itsecurity.com...

Depending on which feature you use, Google Maps offers a satellite view or a street-level view of tons of locations around the world. You can look up landmarks like the Pyramids of Egypt or the Great Wall of China, as well as more personal places, like your ex’s house. But for all of the places that Google Maps allows you to see, there are plenty of places that are off-limits. Whether it’s due to government restrictions, personal-privacy lawsuits or mistakes, Google Maps has slapped a "Prohibited" sign on the following 51 places.

Playland amusement park in New York is on the list-whats going on there then?

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

Nothing, it's just a crappy amusement park.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12
I am pretty sure that what you think is "whited out" is really an artifact of the image. If you look at the runway close to the pave paw's antenna you will find that parts of it are also bleached out. They don't want you to know the numbers on the end of the runway. You can find a good pic of the pave paw attenna in CA and AK why if they are hidding something?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I have a hard time to believe that Google Map would blur out all 51 of them, because there is no reason whatsoever to do so. I would have to see it to beli

Now that's weird . . .

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well, well, well...

47. HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) Antenna Array on the Alaska/Yukon Border: This is part of the site for HAARP, which studies ionospheric-radio science.

I wonder why they had to censor that from Google Earth, if it's just Ionospheric study as they claim.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
thats kinda strange... why would the entire US be blurred like that?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Hmm, that picture looks like news footage of the US caught in some lewd public act. Hide your shame, Florida.

(p.s. Thanks for link, Karl 12. Good find.)

top topics

join