It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rigged election of 2004, has this been corrected?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
From what this guy explains it's not too difficult to rig an election... I had never heard of such a thing before... I never heard about this on the news, nor have I ever come across this video before on the web... Shocking to say the least...

Please tell me they have fixed this problem...

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
if you have physical access, time, the right tools and knowledge you pretty much own any computer based systems from desktops to mainframes to weapon systems and yes even voting machines. the biggest key is physical access. you can hack a few things remotely but you can do just about anything you want physically. also depending on what you want to accomplish you can leave tracks or not.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
While I browsing digg.com(like I do probably 10 times a day) I found this interesting article rawstory.com... . While I can't find it now, I read a story linked from Huffingtonpost.com discussing how 5 battle ground states, including Ohio, have firewalls installed for where the election results are stored. Now all of these states have Democrats. Hopefully they won't illegally sway it in Obamas favor, even though I am a Democrat and want Obama to win, I want the will of the people to be the result of the election. Because I, for one, still believe in America.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet Death
if you have physical access, time, the right tools and knowledge you pretty much own any computer based systems from desktops to mainframes to weapon systems and yes even voting machines. the biggest key is physical access. you can hack a few things remotely but you can do just about anything you want physically. also depending on what you want to accomplish you can leave tracks or not.

Great, so basically if the elite wanted to change the election to have the person they want to win, it could still be done...

Originally posted by djpaec
While I browsing digg.com(like I do probably 10 times a day) I found this interesting article rawstory.com... . While I can't find it now, I read a story linked from Huffingtonpost.com discussing how 5 battle ground states, including Ohio, have firewalls installed for where the election results are stored. Now all of these states have Democrats. Hopefully they won't illegally sway it in Obamas favor, even though I am a Democrat and want Obama to win, I want the will of the people to be the result of the election. Because I, for one, still believe in America.

I doubt anything will be swayed illegally in favor of Obama, he has earned his place by being good at what he does... I fear the opposite... That they would be rigged in McCain's favor...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Laws were passed to make it easier to vote, Instead of one day of voting a week was provided. And during that time people are complaining that they are standing on line for six hours to vote.

This is because those who curretly have control do not want you to vote. They know that when people vote, they loose their power.

So you can decide for yourself. Is election fixing corrected?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
Laws were passed to make it easier to vote, Instead of one day of voting a week was provided. And during that time people are complaining that they are standing on line for six hours to vote.

This is because those who curretly have control do not want you to vote. They know that when people vote, they loose their power.

So you can decide for yourself. Is election fixing corrected?

Well I can only hope so... but like you have pointed out and in very few words mind you, kudos, is that no, they are not corrected...

so how can we as the people change this?

top topics

join