It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too many soldiers in new care centers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
fine enough , soldiers who are a bunch of rapists/murderers/homicidal freaks , are not in need of so much healthcare , and why this hallyboo about US soldiers being great , its the militarys decsions on level of health care required,

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Oh don't get me wrong Hyper, I think therea re some great people in the military, my "ground the helicopter" comment was more pointed towards some of the "needless" raids we hear about in the news. At the ver, very, least, they are a waste of taxpayer money.

The gist of my point, and this whole thread, is someoen should.not. go overseas and put his life in danger "For the country," and then come home and, as you said, find that the country would rather him die or commit suicide than treat the wounds he got at war.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Hi, asmeone. I was just explaining the situation we were in way back when, and probably said more than was needed. Old memories of that period of my life spill out sometimes and make no more sense now than they did then. Sorry, friend , we are on the same side on this issue, and I thank you for bringing it up..... I do get upset though, when someone will post something that is so out of focus and hostile about the military, making generalized statements about the character of the victims of this system that were roped in to this needless fiasco, and saying that they deserve to be ignored, while they are in such a helpless state..... All but the politicians and corporations become the victims when a government creates a war for monetary profit, and then puts the ones that they send to do the dirty work on the back burner, while they are busy cooking up another way to deceive us all, and make more money...... They sell us empty promises, flag waving illusions of patriotism, and fear..... Then they abandon those that buy into it, and bear the burden for the rest of their lives..... If this is the Best Country In The World.... I would surmise that the participants that determined so, were paid in advance with crack coc aine for their votes, and that there were no other contestants.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

I should have made a deliniation in my posts between the average soldier, versus the commanding officers and the politicians. It's the later that are the villains in this situation. They are the ones that are shuffling around the soldiers who joined out of misdirected patriotism or desperation. It's a game for them and lives like yours are being ruined in the process. I'd say you have a valid right to be angry.

I very seriously considered a military career myself. I was the student commander of my school's ROTC unit and considering joining as an Air Force officer. That was before this war got started though, and I am fortunate that I did nto choose that path.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Please don't think for 1 second that you have said anything out of line that could have angered me. In regards to this important issue we are comrades. I wasn't specific, the post at the top of the page by the SadChild was what I was referring to at the moment, but I have been dealing with those attitudes since leaving the Corps 39 year ago.... I find it hard to deal with even after all of the time that has passed and had to walk away from doing harm to so many that expressed feelings such as that to me. It didn't anger so much when they were directing there misconceived ideas towards me, but left me with a feeling of pain knowing that they were to opinionated to want to believe otherwise, and that if I'd done what I think that they wanted done to them, I'd be reinforcing what they believed to be true. Now that I'm too old and feeble thump on anyone that is directing a like point of view towards the kids at the VA needing help, I am still hurt by it, but there is a lot of anger inside me as well. This is an emotional topic for me. But thanks for the thread, people need to Know.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

NO offence taken.

<< 1   >>

join