It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO Sighting on Face the Nation (11/2/08)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I was just watching the Sunday morning Face the Nation (11/2/08) featuring an interview with Sen. John Ensign of Nevada. The interview took place in Las Vegas and it appeared that the backdrop of the Las Vegas Strip was actually live footage and not a static image.

Telling by the hotels that appeared in the background, it appears that the direction behind the Senator was northeast (The Palms and Rio appeared in the foreground followed by the Mirage and Wynn further back). I believe that this is generally the direction facing Nellis AFB.

During part of Bob Schieffer's interview a slow moving object appears for some time moving from the south to the north. At first I thought it was just an airplane (and it very well could have been since the airport is in that direction), however, the object emitted a bright flash of light 2 times before appearing to suddenly change direction going back toward the south again. After the segment, the object was no longer visible which would make sense since the broadcast went back into the New York studio for some time.

Another thing that I thought was odd about this was that the entire broadcast was in HD yet the Las Vegas segment was most definitely NOT in HD. This made it very hard to discern exactly what the object was.

Can anybody find the footage of this and post it? Again, it might just be an airplane but it did appear to exhibit some strange behavior and might warrent further investigation.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Boothead

Hey there, was doing some searching, and before i got too deep, i found a clip of someone reporting to have seen this that same day, although im not sure what Face the Nation is, hope this leads you in the right direction!

www.cbsnews.com...

Also, theres a page with the footage from all the shows today (at least) of Face the Nation.

www.cbsnews.com...

[edit on 2-11-2008 by DemonBanana]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
bleh.. its hard to get excited about videos like that.. it could be a 100 diferent things, and in the face of all the other videos and shots that are more than just a light in the sky this is pretty weak..

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thanks DemonBanana--

I went to the Face The Nation website and they do indeed have the footage from the show this morning. If you look right above Sen. John Ensign's right ear (his right) at around 4:20 into the video (no pun intended) you can faintly make out the object flying towards the left hand side of the screen.

It is very faint but you will notice a few bright flashes (could be the sun reflecting). After the second flash, it looks to become obscured by a cloud above the Wynn hotel. It then reappears much easier to be seen and flying in the opposite direction. The only thing that makes me think that this might not be a plane is the fact that it changes direction so quickly.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Good eye for noticing it, but it could be just about anything. My guess would be helicopter. But who knows.

top topics

join