It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you imagine first contact?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo
We will have to be suspicious of military types wearing sunglasses from now on.

Military guys with sunglasses

Well THAT ought to be easy

Also guys like this

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i think first contact could be more like a "rescue" than anything else. say something happens to the i.s.s.....what ever... leak or electronic failure....use your imagination, could be anything. anyway, we can't get up there in time to save the crew, they help us out. they drop the crew off somewhere safe and sit around for a while. then when all the world is watching, they shoot off something like confetti and a little banner pops out saying " hi, we are aliens, don't shoot.." or something to that effect....

could happen...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, Are you able to tell us more or give us some pointers, links - more clues needed.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackx6949
i think first contact could be more like a "rescue" than anything else. say something happens to the i.s.s.....what ever... leak or electronic failure....use your imagination, could be anything. anyway, we can't get up there in time to save the crew, they help us out. they drop the crew off somewhere safe and sit around for a while. then when all the world is watching, they shoot off something like confetti and a little banner pops out saying " hi, we are aliens, don't shoot.." or something to that effect....

could happen...

jackx6949, do you really think so?

That would be like us filming in Africa watching a lion kill a wildebeest and then dropping everything to rescue the wildebeest from its jaws – we could do it but the real question is why we don’t.

I don't see aliens interfering they obviously have better things to do like filming us perhaps.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
sure i do. it really could be any kind of technology leap that we make or disaster that we get into. there has to be some sympathetic race that just shake their heads in disbelief at our bumblings. obviously we are intelligent. we can leave our planet in small groups, send spacecraft to the depths of our solar system, explore other moons and planets (remotely though), ect... but i just think we are a comedy to them. oh well....

plus we don't even have proof they exist.... so it's all just speculation.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackx6949
sure i do. it really could be any kind of technology leap that we make or disaster that we get into. there has to be some sympathetic race that just shake their heads in disbelief at our bumblings. obviously we are intelligent. we can leave our planet in small groups, send spacecraft to the depths of our solar system, explore other moons and planets (remotely though), ect... but i just think we are a comedy to them. oh well....

plus we don't even have proof they exist.... so it's all just speculation.

They may not see us as intelligent anymore than we see a monkey that uses a tool to crack open a nut. They may be so far advanced that they don't even rate us more than we rate say an insect. Perhaps they are simply not going to allow contact even if we want it or ask for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join