It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a picture says a thousand words...........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
...........then what the hell does the photo of the pope Benedict touching the physicist Hawking's computer say to you? The shot appears on the yahoo news clip titled " pope sees physicist Hawking at evolution gathering". For some reason I just can't imagine Hawkings saying "feel free to fondle my computor" nor him jumping up to punch the pope in the nose in retalliation either. It just strikes me as presumptuous & disrespectful on Benedicts part, kind of like patting a little boy on the head or something along those lines! Of course the bigger story is that the 'vicar of god' has changed tunes since galileo's time...I thought god never changed. Anyways, what's in a name.........Benadict?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by plainmike
Anyways, what's in a name.........Benadict?

I'm not sure what you're asking here regarding the significance to the name Benedict. Are you making some obscure reference to Benedict Arnold? If so, Benedict has been a papal name for about 1300 years before there was a Benedict Arnold. It means blessed.

Before you try and make some weird point in depth significance about any name, I should point out that your name means 'resembling God', so I wouldn't put too much store in name-related conspiracies or anything.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Who knows, maybe Mr. Hawking wanted his pc blessed or something along that nature? I've heard of crazier requests made of priests and such.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What picture?

And "the bigger story" that the "'vicar of god' [sic] has changed tunes since galileo's time;" is hardly a "story". Even if "god never changed", what's that have to do with Benedict XVI?

What is your point here?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Hi..it's just that if the succession of popes was each to be THE direct link between god & man & that the claim falls short...that is unless the sun does revolve around the earth. Seems the papacy is no longer the final word on any matter...it goes where the 'in crowd' goes, & that's the story...if you can't dazzle 'em w/brilliance, baffle 'em w/b.s.! Evolution of the church is the story...or could it be a mutation? Nostradomas? predicted 1 more pope after this one; maybe the roman catholic church'll just die out as a result of not being able to reconcile their history with modern civilization...millions & millions are catholic, but for how much longer..."get out of her"!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Whoa whoa whoa!!!!!

Are you saying that the pope does not really have a direct line to God????

The catholic church may not be the most holy and infallable institution in the land??

WHAT??????

I cannot believe this. Flag this thread people. Everyone needs to know that there is a good chance that the Pope does not really get to chat with God one on one.

I feel so let down. After I let that priest do those things too.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by plainmike

Nostradomas? predicted 1 more pope after this one

St. Malachy

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Doesn't seem like the Pope is doing anything other than listening to Stephen or reading something on the screen. Sounds like Mike is just full of hated for the Pope. Nothing new around here, though.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The thousand words that this picture does say are not what the OP makes them out to be - inventing an insult to distract from what's actually going on.
What this picture says is "one of, if not, the world's leading physicist travelled to Rome to participate in a scientific colloquium hosted by Pope Benedict."

As for those who can't wait for their daily shout out of "Gallileo!" read some history.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My life would be a good bit more amusing if there were somebody around who shouted "Galileo" every day.

Incidentally, what's with the eye-liner on the Holy Father? Is he emo?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I see you are new, and thought a little friendly advice might be in order. Most of the time, when you start a thread about a picture you should add the picture to your post. To do that, you right click the picture, and choose view image. then you copy the url of the picture, and when you post, click the icon above the posting box that is of a color pallette and computer screen. Then paste your url in that, for the picture to show in your post.

Here is the picture.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
They are actually reading ATS posts in that picture.

The pope is saying “yes, yes I can see what they mean now there really are aliens among us”. Either that or they are playing internet poker together.

Raist

top topics

join