It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

about time we all said thanx!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
YAY, we like the ATS, YAY the ATS ia the bomb. YAY, let me tell all my friends. YAY!!

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
We all *know* where youre coming from, but most of us just dont see the point of posting a thread like this which is filled with more brown nosing than a fetish video, the mods and admin already know where they stand with the rest of us members, *plus youre just inflating their egos more

Why is someone telling the staff they are appreciated a bad thing? Its not like it happens often. Most of the time we only ever hear from members if someone is upset by staff actions.

(Except for me since I'm the staff Fonzie, all I get is u2u's telling me how great I am etc.
)

It's not a bad thing, but it is rather awkward, IMO. I've had people praise me for being a good Admin (on my board), and I'd rather they didn't, honestly. While it may be a show of appreciation, it's more embarrassing than anything else.
Not to degrade the job or anything, but being a mod isn't all that difficult, if you have common sense and show courtesy. There are some very strict rules that mods should follow, though. Things like; editing posts, closing and/or deleting threads and/or posts, should never be taken lightly. Not basing decisions upon personal bias can be the difference between peaceful moderation and a major conflict. Peoples' words are very dear to them, and they must be treated as such. The moment that's forgotten, you're asking for trouble.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
They aren't taken lightly. It's just that the sheer volume of posts makes it hard to write a flowery explanation to all and sundry, we do try, but it isn't always possible. Or there are times where the reasons are considered obvious.

If you don't understand why something occured, all staff are more than happy to explain if you just u2u them. If you are not happy with the explanation you are then able to use the complaint form.

Of course, this also relies on your attitude, you are less likely to get a friendly explanation if you u2u 'YOU DUMB BASTARD WHY DID YOU MOVE MY THREAD YOU ARE FBI AGENT ETC ETC' than if you just asked a polite question.

Of course all I get is a u2u box full of chocolate hearts

new topics

<< 1   >>

join