It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portal established between the Sun and Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Awesome find.
Flag and Star.

These NASA articles keep getting more and more interesting.
It wasnt too long ago that i remembered reading one on an object in space, as big as a solar system i think, just appeared, moved towards a cluster of starts, and disappeared.

Now portals?

We know so little of our world, of space, of science...
We have a long way to go... I just hope we live long enough to get there.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Another mindblowing coincidence that the portals are earth sized. I think Sagan once said the likelihood of the moon to be of the exact correct distance and size to perfectly oblete the sun during total eclipses is on the order of .0000000000001 probability or there abouts.

Now, since the sun would be more than likely to be more than 98 percent responsible to be able to generate such a phenomenon could it be that it be that the sun has some type of 8 minute pulse or heartbeat of sorts?

Fascinating stuff. I wonder if Leedskin perhaps tapped into this energy.
These views are speculative at best. Just food for thought.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

....It wasnt too long ago that i remembered reading one on an object in space, as big as a solar system i think, just appeared, moved towards a cluster of starts, and disappeared.

link?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Nassim Haramein has done a lot of research on this phenomena, what he says about the sun blows my mind. You can watch his lectures on Google video.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

jpm1602:
Another mindblowing coincidence that the portals are earth sized.

No, this isn't a coincidence at all. If you read the article, you'll see that they're using the word "portal" to mean "corridor through which something passes" not as in "magic teleport doorway." In this case the "corridor" is the conductive path of the light from the sun hitting the earth. The "portal" is earth sized because the earth is the object that is receiving the particles. Sort of like how if you stand in a dark room and I shine a flashlight on you, the "size" of the area that is being hit by light is the same as the size of your body. Because your body is what's being hit by light. If the earth were larger, it would block the path of more light, and thus the area of contact through which charged particles could pass would be larger.

Have you ever touched a plasma ball? If you touch with the flat of your thumb the pink contact area inside the ball is larger than if you contact with your pinkie. It's similar.

as big as a solar system i think, just appeared, moved towards a cluster of starts, and disappeared.

link?

I suspect he's referring to comet 17P/Holmes

[edit on 2-11-2008 by LordBucket]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Another mindblowing coincidence that the portals are earth sized. I think Sagan once said the likelihood of the moon to be of the exact correct distance and size to perfectly oblete the sun during total eclipses is on the order of .0000000000001 probability or there abouts.

Ah you neglect to mention the moon is receeding away from us so it wont always be that way nor has it always been.

During solar maximum, when the Sun's activity is at a peak in its 11 year cycle, the polarity of its magnetic field changes: the north pole takes on the polarity of the south pole and vice versa. Now, for the first time ever, a spacecraft has witnessed this process from a front-row seat high above the Sun's south pole.

On 16 January, ESA's Ulysses spacecraft completed its four-month southern solar polar passage as solar activity reached its peak. Did it see the Sun's polarity switch? Andre Balogh, from Imperial College, London who is Principal Investigator for the Ulysses magnetometer, says:
"In the past few months, the direction of the magnetic field observed by Ulysses fluctuated between the old and the new. Even now, there are periods when the old polarity is still present. Clearly, a struggle is going on in the Sun's magnetic field, with freshly emerging new polarity regions racing towards the polar regions, encountering the slowly decaying older polarity regions. We know that the new polarity will win through, but the battle is still on for another few months."

I wonder if the the fluctuations of the suns magnetic poles can effect the poles of the earth. Its already obvious that it effects every other aspect of life on earth such as weather winds ocean currents....

New findings indicate that the aurora and other near-Earth space weather are driven by the rate at which the Earth's and Sun's magnetic fields connect, or merge, and not by the solar wind's electric field as was previously assumed. The merging occurs at a spot between the Earth and Sun, roughly 40,000 miles above the planet's surface, and appears fundamental to the circulation of particles and magnetic fields throughout near-Earth space.

It seems that every discovery about our sun comes with dark implications. It would seem that it is much more volitile then we originally believed.

[ex[When a CME (coronal mass ejections) ploughs into the solar wind, it can create a shock wave that accelerates particles to dangerously high energies. Behind that shock wave, the CME expands into a huge cloud that engulfs planets in its path with plasma.

The solar wind pushes and stretches Earth's protective magnetic field into a vast, comet-shaped region called the magnetosphere. The magnetosphere and Earth's atmosphere protect us from the solar wind and other solar and cosmic radiations.

Luckily for us, few CMEs are aimed at the Earth. If a CME erupts on the side of the Sun facing us, the results around Earth can be spectacular and sometimes hazardous.

is it possible the a CME might travel along this portal and be more like a concentrated beam rather than a more diffuse less dangerous CME. This discovery seems to be like a pandoras box of solar could be's

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
About two decades ago a NASA scientist proposed a propulsion method involving magnetic line merging in which a craft would just resonate to a specific space-time coordinate frequency and appear there instantaneously. I wonder if this phenomena is in any way related to the astrophysical research indicating solar flare eruptions possibly being a result of magnetic line merging. This is just speculation. Hopefully we can get some real theories.

If anyone's interested in the NASA scientist's idea, the link is below:

lunahelia.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I read the article with great interest this morning on spaceweather. When I said portal, I believe corridor would be nearly equal in meaning. If you want to get hung up on semantics that's your call. Yes the moon will crash into the earth in about 1 billion years. It is still highly coincidental that it is what it is.

I said speculative for a reason. Youz guys make me laugh sometimes. I gave the story a good read. Perhaps I'll send you a pint of blood overnite on ice fedex.

Negative Lordbucket. It is not a corridor of light persay, it is a corridor of 'magnetism'. Many scientists were skeptical for years. Until they sent up the three special sats to triangulate the activity. Perhaps you should reread the story.

[edit on 11/2/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
What people aren't considering is that light is emitted from the sun continously, not in 8 min bursts. If that were true, we'd see the sun every 8 min, then darkness in between. The approximate 8 min magnetic 'portal' fluctuations aren't related.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by watcher1960]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Only just 10 years the scientific community rejected firmly such an existence of a portal connecting the Earth and Sun. The finding is proving once again, the universe is finely tuned and a major agreement within the scientific community doesn't mean they are always right.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Could this be another pro argument for plasma cosmologists? Not that long ago, NASA and JAXA found 'Birkeland currents' flowing from the sun towards the earth, steadely pumping 650k amps into the pacific.

Now they find these 'portals'. Bad choice of words, i think, just like solar 'winds', but asside from the semantics, I'dd like to hear something from the PC or EU side of the argument. Maybe we"ll see samething about this, soon on thunderbolts.info or holoscience.com.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Every article on topics like this is flawed because practically nobody has Einstein's talent to formulate untruths as gospel. To negate the electromagnetic characteristics of the universe is on a par with the "Oil comes from dinosaurs" nonsense. We don't even have a theory of gravity that is generally accepted.

Santa Claus (Nasa) is spinning a yarn about cosmology that would do honor to any astrologer. They shell out half-truths without ever getting near a complete picture of the electromagentic universe. Plasma research is classified. Seems these gov't goons use everything to weaponize space. They might as well have destroyed the Hubble pictures of galaxies grouped together like pearls on a string.

As soon as the scientific community declares unity on anything you can be absolutely sure that it's one more lie. The scientific establishment stand to lose everything should the basic truths about the universe become public knowledge. They cherish their state of omniscience and everything is done to avoid the only real Big Bang, the Big Bang of disclosure.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Magnetic portal? well kind of I supposes, a portal for an electric current to be accurate.

Plasma cosmologists have known about these since Kristian Birkeland some hundred years ago. It's actually a Birkeland current , NASA calls em magnetic flux ropes or FTE or whatever. They should give credit to the man who first described them.

The solar wind is a plasma, plasma forms filaments and boundaries known as Langmuir sheaths or double layers. The plasma conducts an electric current. The current creates it's own magnetic field and in turn affects the particles twisting them into the helix shape.

There are no isolated bodies in the universe. Stars and planets are connected by Birkeland currents, virtual long range transmission wires if you will. (Kind of how your brain works, interconnected nodes transmitting electricity, now that's something to think about.)
The spiral arms of the galaxies are vast currents above this level. On a larger scale galaxies are connected by even greater currents.

Plasma is fractal by nature, systems within systems. It also makes up for over %99.9 of the visible universe.

This discovery of "a magnetic portal" was no surprise to the plasma cosmologists and electric universe theorists, in fact it was expected.
The gravity models of the universe are out of date and fail to account for what we've observed in the last few decades.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by squiz]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join