It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is no Hoax, God is Alive

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I really hate the argument of, "Why does God allow suffering then?".

That's like asking, "why does your mother and father punish you when you do something bad?"

I believe if you are going through pain and suffering in your life, your soul must have done something bad in a previous life. God is putting those people, and the people it effects, through a lesson.

Death is not a big deal to God, and humans make a huge deal about it because they are scared of it. A whole human life time is like a blink of an eye to God.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yes, "god" is alive, its alive in all of us. In every living thing. God, in essence, is existence in itself. It is not a person. And I dont believe it is the view that modern day religion has on what god is.

But, there is something that created everything. We can't deny that. And the power of prayer is so powerful because it is a form of meditation and concentrated thinking. When you focus all of your energy and thoughts on one certain thing, your energy and your thoughts become a very powerful thing.

People don't realize that they, themselves, can change things with their own minds. With their own thoughts. It isn't a god helping us. It's not a god we are praying to. It's ourselves helping ourselves.

Look into it. People have an energy constantly surrounding them. So powerful you can see it's color if you look hard enough , called an AURA. Well, if we have so much energy surrounding each of us, that you can see it's color... that says something of how powerful we really are. And if you use your thoughts in a positive way, you will have positive experiences.

It's the whole theory of relativity. That's why when you have a bad day, and you start focusing on it, more bad things happen, and you just stay negative . But when you have a good day, everything seems to work in your favor.

So, religious or not, concentrating your thoughts on something you want to change can very well change whatever it is your focusing on.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Old man, thank you for the kind words, Actually I'm not an idiot, if some one wants to believe in fairy tales then they can it is their choice but it dose not make it real does it. Man was worshiping the Earth and mother nature long before any "God" came along therefore God is a construct, constructed by the poweful to hold sway over the weak.

Modern day religion replaced or coppied what were the beliefs of the pagans and created by the controlling elites the for their own ends either way to base 2k years on a lie is wrong and not only that how many countless millions have been murdered, tortured and killed for thier religeous beliefs a situation that still continues to this day. Religion is for the weak minded who allow themselves to be preyed upon and used by the elite.

Not one religion is worth the loss of one life and never will be. If you want to worship anything worship the Cosmos and nature because it is that which is really important to us not some man made mind control trick.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I believe if you are going through pain and suffering in your life, your soul must have done something bad in a previous life. God is putting those people, and the people it effects, through a lesson.

Your god sux...

Anything both omnipotent and wrathful is a poor example for everyone...thank goodness your god is only a fallacy....

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Randy Echo

First off-
go edit your post right now so that your own writing is OUTSIDE the quote block from me.
I'll not be confused with the same writing as someone who thinks as you do... without logic.
thank you.

secondly.
you completely proved my point in your post.
and disproved your OP.

you're saying this hypothetical individual you call god stands back and lets bad things happen.
somehow he couldn't resist with your son and gave into the impulse?

when you were growing up, if you were taught a completely different myth of what and how and why everything is.. you would be defending that myth to me right now.
it's not the myth that decides ... it's the gullible brainwashed fool that forfeits LOGIC for the security blanket of an all powerful patriarch / imaginary best friend.

and it is a sickness that kills.

-

[edit on 2-11-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

But, there is something that created everything.

Don't be so certain. That notion is an experiential one. That we ourselves are excellent manipulators of the physical world is testament to our dedication to that belief; that everything started somewhere, or something had induced its creation. That is an anthropocentric idea that can only be rationalized by the very fact of our own existence. I wouldn't be surprised if there were no creator or creative moment, and that everything has always existed, and always will.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

That's like asking, "why does your mother and father punish you when you do something bad?"

Death is not a big deal to God, and humans make a huge deal about it because they are scared of it. A whole human life time is like a blink of an eye to God.

learn your lesson, skin and bones little innocent black child starving in africa, dying at age 3 of dissintary.
*Lesson LEARNED!*

learn your lesson, little girl dying of cancer after she was sexually abused by her disgusting father.
*Lesson LEARNED!*

learn your lesson, good samaritan that saved a woman from being raped, yet stabbed to death 50 times.
*lesson LEARNED!*

wait.. i'm not allowed to use logic when referring to god, in order to make sense of the abomination he allows to exist.
but he's allowed to use logic on us in showing us our folley..

your god is sick and perverted.. IF he exists.. then he is your " Devil", .. he even says that.. to your face.. in your book.. that the devil rules this world.

so whatever.

you're foolish and suffer from serious mental illness if you believe otherwise.

-

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123
Yes, "god" is alive, its alive in all of us. In every living thing. God, in essence, is existence in itself. It is not a person. And I dont believe it is the view that modern day religion has on what god is.

But, there is something that created everything. We can't deny that. And the power of prayer is so powerful because it is a form of meditation and concentrated thinking. When you focus all of your energy and thoughts on one certain thing, your energy and your thoughts become a very powerful thing.

People don't realize that they, themselves, can change things with their own minds. With their own thoughts. It isn't a god helping us. It's not a god we are praying to. It's ourselves helping ourselves.

Look into it. People have an energy constantly surrounding them. So powerful you can see it's color if you look hard enough , called an AURA. Well, if we have so much energy surrounding each of us, that you can see it's color... that says something of how powerful we really are. And if you use your thoughts in a positive way, you will have positive experiences.

It's the whole theory of relativity. That's why when you have a bad day, and you start focusing on it, more bad things happen, and you just stay negative . But when you have a good day, everything seems to work in your favor.

So, religious or not, concentrating your thoughts on something you want to change can very well change whatever it is your focusing on.

well said.

-

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
wait.. i'm not allowed to use logic when referring to god, in order to make sense of the abomination he allows to exist.

Again, an anthropocentric idea. You are projecting a God, which has human qualities. Of course, this is exactly how the Christian God has historically been characterized. To me, such a belief system is merely indicative of psychological illness, or lack of positively reinforced upbringing, lending to a lack in personal confidence.

This God might in fact not even understand physical suffering as we have come to know. That we place suffering on such a pedestal, as such an important human facet, and then place those events, which lead to suffering onto the responsibilities of this omnipresent entity, is arrogant.

Things don't happen for a reason. The counter argument is a highly relative, anthropocentric and experiential notion, which can only be corrected by the experiencing of anguish and by physical affliction, or even death.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

and once again I tell you it isn't me
It was GOD
it isn't my fault you cannot get it into your head
GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD GOD
DID THIS
it isn't something i think, it's something I know
GOD

you may not allow this to validate in your viewpoints
or you have belief issues, or whatever it is
But this was one force, GOD

accept your own explanations to yourself
but Im telling you 100 percent from me to you
THIS WAS GOD

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So if we are so powerful and we are it begs the question why do we need a God any God. The fact of the matter is that we humans don't understand how powerful we really are. That for centuries our powers and senses have been dumbed down a process which continues to this day so ask yourself why. Why does an all powerful sentient being need a false God.

Is it because those who seek to control us realise just how powerful we really are and don't want us to know because that meens we will take the power from them. What powers do we really have that have been locked awy and hidden from our minds. The power to heal, the power to communicate without any mechanical device, the power to live for centuries the power to travel the multiverse the power to see what cannot be seen etc. etc.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
So if we are so powerful and we are it begs the question why do we need a God any God. The fact of the matter is that we humans don't understand how powerful we really are. That for centuries our powers and senses have been dumbed down a process which continues to this day so ask yourself why. Why does an all powerful sentient being need a false God.

Is it because those who seek to control us realise just how powerful we really are and don't want us to know because that meens we will take the power from them. What powers do we really have that have been locked awy and hidden from our minds. The power to heal, the power to communicate without any mechanical device, the power to live for centuries the power to travel the multiverse the power to see what cannot be seen etc. etc.

These powers you talk of don't just belong to gods, they belong to people that know themselves well enough to use such gifts.

believing in power doesn't have to be a surrender to power, either you do or you don't, will and will not, not now , but maybe later kind of thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

learn your lesson, skin and bones little innocent black child starving in africa, dying at age 3 of dissintary.
*Lesson LEARNED!*

learn your lesson, little girl dying of cancer after she was sexually abused by her disgusting father.
*Lesson LEARNED!*

learn your lesson, good samaritan that saved a woman from being raped, yet stabbed to death 50 times.
*lesson LEARNED!*

your god is sick and perverted.. IF he exists.. then he is your " Devil", .. he even says that.. to your face.. in your book.. that the devil rules this world.

so whatever.

-

The world is a physical place, it doesn't include your soul
or the souls of men
if the devil wants to rule dirt, let him
he can be the king of dirt

God on the other hand wants our loyalty and us as followers
he knows that dirt can be washed away

They say there are no athiests in foxholes during wartime,
I am taking from that in a time of need you would be the first to pray
and when things became safe again, go back to athiesism.

I would't want to live in a world where it is just simply understood that there really isn't a God, and you know as well as I do , this isn't that world, the one your walking in , this one that you say is run by the devil, on a majority is full of believers and creationists...

is it the walk on the wild side your taking, is it an act of rebellion, is it that if you decide there is no GOD , you can be your own GOD, good luck getting people to come worship on sunday.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Randy Echo]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Randy, I did not say they belong to Gods I said they belong to us and I dont believe in God, any God anywhere in any time. I said if we have these powers within us why do we need a God.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Randy Echo
reply to post by Anomander

I would say he answers every single prayer, some with a "yes" and some with a "no"

My personal feeling on this is that whatever the outcome we pray for is, it can't get in the way of God's will, if for some reason and I know this is going to sound wrong, he needs someones resolve strengthened, he cannot always do this with a "yes", his will shapes us and drives us not only affecting our lives but the lives of others we encounter and will encounter. Kind of a biblical domino effect or butterfly effect. I feel I was a participant in my son's existance, but due to the power and rarity of this kind of miracle , i am pre disposed to believe that my son will someday fufill some type of interference or influence on an event or events or someones thought, IE> he was saved for a higher purpose, not directly because I asked.
I don't want to put anyone down but, why when it comes to God there is always something else to cover up the gaps.
Ex. I believe in god cause he answered my prayer./ I prayed he didn't I believe now because of technicality, I believe he answers with a yes or no.
As it seems, it is impossible to tell if God exists. If you believe that's fine but I just can't after I looked at all the possibilities.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The world is a physical place, it doesn't include your soul
or the souls of men
if the devil wants to rule dirt, let him
he can be the king of dirt

God on the other hand wants our loyalty and us as followers
he knows that dirt can be washed away

They say there are no athiests in foxholes during wartime,
I am taking from that in a time of need you would be the first to pray
and when things became safe again, go back to athiesism.

I would't want to live in a world where it is just simply understood that there really isn't a God, and you know as well as I do , this isn't that world, the one your walking in , this one that you say is run by the devil, on a majority is full of believers and creationists...

is it the walk on the wild side your taking, is it an act of rebellion, is it that if you decide there is no GOD , you can be your own GOD, good luck getting people to come worship on sunday.

The Bible says the most of the world is damned so how is a majority of the world believers, if your bible is true? Unless you did a world-wide census

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Old man, thank you for the kind words, Actually I'm not an idiot, if some one wants to believe in fairy tales then they can it is their choice but it dose not make it real does it. Man was worshiping the Earth and mother nature long before any "God" came along therefore God is a construct, constructed by the poweful to hold sway over the weak.

Modern day religion replaced or coppied what were the beliefs of the pagans and created by the controlling elites the for their own ends either way to base 2k years on a lie is wrong and not only that how many countless millions have been murdered, tortured and killed for thier religeous beliefs a situation that still continues to this day. Religion is for the weak minded who allow themselves to be preyed upon and used by the elite.

Not one religion is worth the loss of one life and never will be. If you want to worship anything worship the Cosmos and nature because it is that which is really important to us not some man made mind control trick.
Very well said and explained.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anomander
reply to post by Simplynoone

I could give you examples of people who 'trusted' God's will, and got the worst from that. Like I said in an earlier post, people are wired differently, thus the vast range of stuff that tickle our brains the right way.

The same way you cannot understand how some people can live without a relationship with God is the same way others (me included) can't understand how you could say that it's even better than a relationship with a spouse.

I used to be an altar boy in my teenage years, and I think at that time I truly believed in God. Then some time later I realized that I couldn't feel his presence within me or near me, no matter how I tried (I blame it on going to high school!) It occurred to me that I believed because I had been taught to. Looking back, I can honestly say that I have never felt God's presence within me, and the thing is, I don't miss it or anything. And my life is...less complicated than when I 'believed'.
My story is the same. i was raised since i was 2 and went to Christian till 9th grade and I just can't believe in God.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

so whatever.

I knew somebody was going to make a post like that, actually I predicted it 100% and was waiting for it. This means you are a sheep, a lemming, a predictable conforming nothingness. You don't even have your own thoughts.

This may come to a shock to you but the "Devil" was created by God. Yes.. it is true. I actually came to that conclusion logically. It just so happens to be true in the Bible as well.

God created everything, including evil. Actually, God is all good, and all evil combined together. God is nothing and everything. The Alpha and Omega. The negative and the positive. The light and the dark.

Both of these forces can not be separated. Good and Evil can not exist independently, because if one doesn't exist, the other wouldn't either. Nothing could be "good", if there is no such thing as "evil". Much like you can't have -1 unless +1 exists to begin with. Darkness would not exist if there was no such thing as light. They are the ying and yang, you can not separate them.

Without evil, none of us would exist. AT ALL. In the physical world, good and evil both help in creating everything. In this universe exists "construction and destruction". It is the main principle behind all things, and God made it that way for a reason, it's called the "circle of life". It is perpetual. Most people confuse "destruction" as evil, the devil. And they believe "construction" is good, life giving, replenishing. In the end, both forces are inseparable and completely necessary. The process of "constructions and destruction" is proof that we were created by intelligent design.

Much like the skin cells die on your face every day, humans and other animals die on the surface of the Earth every day. It's a process, and it is necessary.

I'm sorry to say but those young dying people in Africa, and the kids dieing of cancer, and all of that is 100% necessary for the life of this Earth. As harsh and sucky as that sounds, it is the truth. I am not God and I can not tell you why these specific souls were chosen for the suffering, but their existence is totally necessary for the further evolution of Earth and everything on it.

Not only are the souls learning a lesson, but everyone like you and me are learning a lesson from them as well.

You have to understand, only humans are afraid of Death, because we know nothing about it. Every seed must die before it grows.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehype16

The Bible says the most of the world is damned so how is a majority of the world believers, if your bible is true? Unless you did a world-wide census

Damned to what, HEll right? well to have Hell we have to have heaven of course, and that would mean God Exists!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join