It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Justifies Syrian & Pakistan Raids.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

Aww,i asked you to make me laugh heartily and you did.

You're such a sweety,oh yes you are!

Of course,your attitude would change in a heartbeat if you or a family member,for example, ended up being arrested and imprisoned without trial.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Which citizen has that happened to? Which individual anywhere who didn't take up arms against the US?

I've experienced far more hardship from fighting Islamic terrorism since 2002 than you will your entire life, so yeah, I'm pretty confident that my opinions have been tested by experience. While you...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
As long as they have a justification its good. I dont doubt if they say Syria and Pakistan is HAVEN for AQ or Taliban.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Did i say they were?
You said that the IRA are not like the Taliban,i've shown that in some ways they were similar.I never said they were exactly the same,so don't try and imply that i did.

Yes, u did. U implied moral equivalence bwtn the IRA & the Taliban, now ur trying to back track. So I'm not implying u did this, I'm saying it explicitly.

Between 1970-2005 the IRA killed over 2000 people in Northern Ireland & Britain.But terrorism is terrorism.Its the brutal killing of innocent people that matters,not just the figures.& how am i being racist

Let me repeat this since u seem to require it: U drew a moral equivalence bwtn the actions of the IRA & the actions of the taliban. U said that american citizens supported the IRA yet the UK did not bomb the US in retaliation like the US did to the Taliban, I realize that some people with an artistic bend find logic challenging; try to ovecome it. U made the moral equivalence, u lumped them together.
And by making an equivalence btwn the actions of the IRA who in 30 years only took out 2000 of ur citizens (in a war AGAINST COLONIZATION from an oppressive & bigoted country; the UK) with the Taliban who butchered 10s of thousands of Afghans in just 1 year in war whose objective was FOR COLONIZATION & enslavement an entire population (that's right bright boy, the IRA was trying to liberate and the Taliban were trying to oppress) ur are, in effect, saying that the life of Afghan is less valuable than the life of a Brit (how else can anyone read ur equating the death 2000 brits to the deaths of 10's of thousands of afghans & their enslavement). That's what makes it racist. How typical of a left-wing 'philosophy' major, how progressive of u.

I was talking about NATO going into the Balkans after the conflicts started in the 1990's.Its quite obvious i did not mean they supported the KLA.And NATO bombed Belgrade and i believe the US is a part of that organization so don't try to the blame only on Britain.

Do ur research, the attack on Serbia over Kosovo was an independent act from the conflicts that were settled by the Dayton accords. Once again u don't have the facts and so ur trying hide from them; U said

The US are bombing Pakistan because they think they can get away with it because it has an Islamic regime.It would be very different if it was the UK..France..greece

I pointed out to u, Oh yeah? what about the US bombing serbia (to protect moslems)? Nothing in ur statement talked abt the Legality of it; Now that u were proven wrong, u try to deflect the issue by getting into irrelevancy.
BTW I will blame Britain because it was Britain that worked hard to suck the US into getting involved in that conflict (because Europe was to cowardly to take on the Serbs themselves). Ur country committed war crimes against serb civilians; face it.

Bush said Saddam had WMD,and people believed him even there wasn't a shred of proof. Such hypocrisy.He also said the Taliban were behind 9/11 even though there wasn't a shread of proof. Again,hypocrisy.

Once again, since u can't address the ridiculousness of ur position, i.e. ur blindly believing the speech of Benazir Bhutto, u try to change the subject and start talking abt Sadaam Hussein. Another admission of failure by u.
To my response against ur praising Benazir Bhutto for 'stabilizing' Afghanistan by sponsoring the slaughter of all opposition, as follows:

RIGHT.... I see the Benazir-the-butcher sponsered Taliban 'helped' 'stabilize' Afghanistan by slaughtering all opposition and imposing a medieval totalitarian theocratic regime?

U could offer no answ. I see, as usual, since u can't address the ridiculousness of ur position so u try to change the subject. Debating U is like shooting fish in a barrel
US Airstrikes on pakistan R GOOD!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LokiAsgardian

so you support terrorism by supporting the IRA then.

the same IRA that drove into a church service and blew up a car bomb that killed children.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yes, u did. U implied moral equivalence bwtn the IRA & the Taliban, now ur trying to back track. So I'm not implying u did this, I'm saying it explicitly.

What i say and what you think i imply are two different things.
In my 1st mention of the IRA i said,

Irish Americans sponsored the IRA.Yet the UK didn't bomb America,we didn't even threaten to do so.

I was talking of the sponsorship of terrorism,not the differences or similarities between the IRA and the Taliban.

You can't seem to grasp that terror is terror,you care more about the death toll and the period of times these things took place.

In 21 Nov 1974 the IRA killed 21 people were killed by bombs in the Mulberry Bush and Tavern pubs in Birmingham,England.In the 7 July 2005 London bombings 56 people died.Is there any difference? Just the one.The terrorists behind the bombings.

Contrary to what you seem to think,i'm trying to show that all lives are of equal worth and all terrorism is unacceptable.You,on the other hand,seem to think the murders of 2000 innocent people has little value because its a smaller death toll and happened over a longer period of time.Shame on you,boy.

Do ur research, the attack on Serbia over Kosovo was an independent act from the conflicts that were settled by the Dayton accords. Once again u don't have the facts and so ur trying hide from them

I believe the Dayton Accords were a peace agreement involving Bosnia and Herzegovina,not Kosovo.Which it means it played no part whatsoever in the Kosovo War.NATO was already in that area due to the Bosnian War and the Croatian War of Independence.The NATO bombing campaign started 3yrs after the KLA first began attacking Serbian & Yugoslav forces.The goal of this bombing operation was summed up by NATO's spokesman;"Serbs out,peacekeepers in,refugees back".

Once again, since u can't address the ridiculousness of ur position, i.e. ur blindly believing the speech of Benazir Bhutto, u try to change the subject and start talking abt Sadaam Hussein. Another admission of failure by u.

I blindly believe nothing,i was mereley passing information on to you,and you have only used half of that information in your reply.And my reason for mentioning Bush and Saddam was to show how idiotic your reply was.To point out someone else's lies when other politicians and leaders are just as guilty of doing the same thing is the height of hypocrisy.

U could offer no answ. I see, as usual, since u can't address the ridiculousness of ur position so u try to change the subject.

My answer was to question why you see it as it being acceptable to ridicule and condemn Benazir Bhutto,when the UK,US and Saudi Arabia had the same views and did the same things.You have yet to answer this question.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

What i say & what you think i imply are two different things.
In my 1st mention of the IRA i said,

Wrong. U made a moral equivalence btwn the 2, that is vulgar & racist not to mention a bit weakminded.

I was talking of the sponsorship of terrorism,not the differences or similarities between the IRA and the Taliban.
You can't seem to grasp that terror is terror,you care more about the death toll and the period of times these things took place.

Again, ur second statement underscores your implied racism, that the massive death toll of afghan civilians is irrelevant & that the death of 2000 brits is equivalent to wholesale slaughter of 10's of thousands afgans. Ur narcissistic racism is truly sickening (and amusing
) but so typical of the the looney left. Shame on u GIRL.

The NATO bombing campaign started 3yrs after the KLA first began attacking Serbian & Yugoslav forces.

U could offer no answ. I see, as usual, since u can't address the ridiculousness of ur position so u try to change the subject.

The goal of this bombing operation was summed up by NATO's spokesman;"Serbs out,peacekeepers in,refugees back".

My Brooklyn Bridge is still for sale, u seem just the kind a naiv.. err.. discerning buyer I need. So according to u Britain had the right to violate Serbia's sovereignty and just start bombing, Serbia did not invite Britain - the stench of ur hypocrisy is palpable.

I blindly believe nothing,

Yes you DO!

i was mereley passing information on to you,

Gee, it seemed more to me that u were "mereley passing verbal gas" to me

My answer was to question why you see it as it being acceptable to ridicule and condemn Benazir Bhutto,when the UK,US and Saudi Arabia had the same views and did the same things.You have yet to answer this question.

Yes, and your point is? It was u who supported ur feminist hypocrite hero, Benazir 'the butcher' Bhutto's strategy of justifying the medieval murderous tactics of the taliban as being part of 'stabilizing' Afghanistan. It is YOU who has not answered the hypocrisy of supporting her position; I have made my position clear regarding the unacceptability of the taliban & their existence; it was u who saw merit in their existence. As usual, when u realize that you've screwed up, you try to change the subject or the framework of the subject.

.And my reason for mentioning Bush and Saddam was to show how idiotic your reply was.

A.nd And my reasoning was ... and ... and... my reason was ... AAAA BOOO! HOO! HOO! Aww poor little girl, I made her cry, .....there! there!, please don't cry.... here have a hanky....

Understand this! The United States of America is one of the Greatest powers this world has ever seen, yes they've made some huge mistakes, they are not perfect. Every now & then evil or incompetent people end up in the state dept & the whitehouse (like the SOB Richard "the-devil-spawn" Nixon) or those thoroughly evil & incompetent CIA personnel under Milt Bearden who worked overtime with the evil Pakistanis to Islamisize Afghanistan in the war against the Soviets.

HOWEVER, overall the USA has been a force of good in this world. Unlike the murderous, duplicitous, stinking blood-sucking British Empire, the US has enriched many nations, rather the bleed them till their people were starving (something thieving Britain was exceptionally good at). It always amused me to see Europeans criticize & whine against the US, jealousy & resentment being their main motivations. Out of all the great powers the US has tried to be the most responsible. Blaming them for all the worlds ills is idiotic, pathetic & hateful. And refusing to acknowledge America's contribution to global civilization & prosperity is absurd & ungrateful. I know one thing, if the US didn't save ur country's sorry ass in WWII you'd be shining german shoes and polishing their....

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Amazing how all you blind patriots seem to think you know me.First superviking,then poet1b and now you.

Can you read minds too? Can you guess what i'm thinking right now?

HOWEVER, overall the USA has been a force of good in this world. Unlike the murderous, duplicitous, stinking blood-sucking British Empire,

And you have the nerve to call me a racist.

And nowhere in my posts have i said that the lives of the Irish and British who were killed by the IRA have more value than all the Afghani's that have been killed.

But you think i implied it,don't you?

Hmmm,3 blind patriots,3 people who think they know me,3 people who say that what i write has implications,3 people who have a very similar debate style......I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 were the same person y'know....after all,the intelligence level is just the same as well;basing arguments on things that they think has been said instead of on what has actually been said.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

No, I honestly don't care about IRA terrorism, I'm afraid Britain has murdered and robbed too many people for anyone outside of Britain to care about IRA terrorism against Britain. I'm sure the IRA has been nasty violent and indulged in criminal activities; what Britain sowed so shall Britain reap. What I am saying (if u care to read the beginning of this thread) is that it's ludicrous to compare the IRA to the Taliban. The Taliban is medieval and nihilist, the IRA was not, they were reasoned with, negotiated with, have decommissioned and are part of the political process.

Its like asking me if I support French partisan 'terrorism' against german civilians, occupying forces, and collaterally killed French civilians in Vichy France and then comparing the French partisan resistance to the taliban.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Yes I do have the nerve to call you racist; thats because you are and I have proven it.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Proven it!

What,because i think all life has equal worth and you think that us Brits were just getting what we deserved from the IRA.

You are such a chuff simpleviking...oh,sorry,i meant Lokiassguard....you are so much alike

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Hmmm,3 blind patriots,3 people who think they know me,3 people who say that what i write has implications,3 people who have a very similar debate style......I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 were the same person y'know....after all,the intelligence level is just the same as well;basing arguments on things that they think has been said instead of on what has actually been said.

So u think that the 4 different users who have opposed your irrational views are the same person... that u are the victim of a conspiracy!!! Let me add a few more adjectives to ur list: paranoid pathetic delusional fragile egotistical

Let me suggest another possible explanation (something ur are too insecure to accept): Your views are irrational, bigoted and wrongheaded perhaps thats why several unrelated individuals have taken u to task for spewing them here.

Look its getting sad when u start becoming paranoid, so out of mercy to ur fragility I'm cut you some slack.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Giving up already.

And its 3 different users,having trouble with the details again??

And to call me a bigot when i describe all life as equal and you describe us Brits as,

Unlike the murderous, duplicitous, stinking blood-sucking British Empire,
...well,thats just...lets say it together hyp-o-crit-i-cal....

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Proven it!
What,because i think all life has equal worth

No you don't think all life is equal, u think the life of a brit is worth more than the lives of americans or afghans - ergo you are a racist - typical of most british flunkee cops.

Yes proven it is; the views you've spewed have strong racist undertones; logic is generally not the strong suite of 'philo' grads, trying taking a few courses in real academic subjects like mathematics, basic logic, physics, etc.

And to call me a bigot when i describe all life as equal and you describe us Brits as,

Unlike the murderous, duplicitous, stinking blood-sucking British Empire,

So you admit to identifying with the murderous stinking thieving racist (forgot those, thanks for the opportunity) blood-sucking, raping, genocidal British Empire. Now if a German was to take offence to anyone describing the Third Reich as murderous, racist & genocidal and if that individual were to then identify with Nazi Germany, then clearly such an individual would be tacitly admitting to having nazi sympathies ergo such an individual is a racist.

So since you have clearly identified with the racist thieving murderous genocidal British Empire, then you have again exposed ur racist creditentials. Like I said, debating you is like shooting fish in Barrel. You're too easy to deal with! In fact ur starting to crack up since ur getting paranoid thinking that the 4 users that have opposed u are involved in 'conspiracy'

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

No you don't think all life is equal, u think the life of a brit is worth more than the lives of americans or afghans - ergo you are a racist - typical of most british flunkee cops.

The 2000 people i mentioned who were killed by the IRA were Irish as well as British.Northern Ireland is part of the UK but not Britian.BRITAIN is an island,on which are found England,Scotland and Wales.Round its coasts are a number of other islands such as the Isle of Wight,the Scottish Isles and so on.And this collection of islands is GREAT BRITAIN.Ireland is a separate land mass.Until Irish independence,the British monarchs ruled over the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.When Ireland finally managed to break away,six counties in the North remained loyal to the United Kingdom,which then became the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

And a racist is someone prejudiced against another's race,not nationality. So there goes that BS theory of yours.

And i took no offense at your description of the British Empire,i am well aware of the evils done in its name.I was trying to point out that it is the height of hypocrisy to describe someone as a 'racist' and bigot when spewing out such things yourself.But,once more,your tiny brain cannot grasp that simple fact.

So since you have clearly identified with the racist thieving murderous genocidal British Empire, then you have again exposed ur racist creditentials. Like I said, debating you is like shooting fish in Barrel. You're too easy to deal with! In fact ur starting to crack up since ur getting paranoid thinking that the 4 users that have opposed u are involved in 'conspiracy'

Uh,well i am British.English to be exact.Just who am i supposed to identify with.The French? Egyptians? Chinese? American? Brazilian? Greek?

And once again,it was 3 users.Your attention to detail takes a stumble yet again.Plus,i mentioned no conspiracy.Its a fact that you are also simpleviking

Oh,and someone who mocks another education but can't even speak(type) English properly,looks like a bigger fool than Bush.

For example.

trying taking a few courses in real academic subjects like mathematics, basic logic, physics, etc.

Look its getting sad when u start becoming paranoid, so out of mercy to ur fragility I'm cut you some slack.

And,concerning this previous statement;

Blaming them for all the worlds ills is idiotic, pathetic & hateful...
And refusing to acknowledge America's contribution...

And its perfectly natural.If you are the leading power you get blamed whether its your fault or not.It has happened to every country of significance.Whats wrong,can't hack being powerful?

Most people don't remember the good that has been down by a leading power or empire until generations after it has expired.America has done fantastic good deeds and made amazing progressions,but in the time of war,who cares about that? Not many.You yourself have this attitude concerning the British Empire,you focus only on the evils done in its name,not the good.But,look who i'm talking too,you probably don't even know/believe that the British Empire did/does good things.Once more,all together now;hyp-o-crit-i-cal!

[edit on 6-11-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by LokiAsgardian
reply to post by Harlequin

The Taliban is medieval and nihilist, the IRA was not, they were reasoned with, negotiated with, have decommissioned and are part of the political process.

But at the time they were killing people, they weren't to be reasoned with. They tried - and failed - at least twice to kill the whole British Government.

So, tell me if - back in the late 70's/early 80's - an SAS troop, covertly inserted, had levelled a few places in New York, where terrorist associates of the IRA were actively collecting money for arms and potentially harbouring known fugitives who had commited terrorist acts, you'd have as happy with that as you are with the US raids into Syria and Pakistan?

After all, we would have only been going after the terrorists, right?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
So,you don't need concrete evidence you just need to consider a country a haven of terrorists and you can attack it.

I guess Saudi Arabia still isn't considered that even though bin Laden is from there,the country has the largest percentage of AQ members and 15 of the 19 terrorists from 9/11 were also from there.

Like it or not Saudi Arabia's Govt. is actively rooting out any AQ cells it finds, quite brutally as a matter of fact. It is not a haven. Yes, many members of the original AQ are/were from Saudi Arabia, but that doesn't mean the same thing as SA harboring such people.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

You are correct,they are doing that.

But Pakistan,in a more volatile situation than Saudi Arabia,is also dealing with terrorists,yet the US government have breached their borders and bombed several villages.

Even Syria,who have been bombed too,are taking steps to arrest terrorists.

BEIRUT -- An intriguing item about the mysterious leader of a ferocious militant group floated around the Lebanese and Syrian media over the weekend.

According to a report in the Arab-language Syrian newspaper Al Liwaa, the leader of the Al Qaeda-linked militant group Fatah al Islam was captured two months ago in Syria.

The report says that Shaker Abbsi, a former Libyan air force pilot turned Islamist, was caught in the poor Meliha district of south Damascus and hauled off to prison....

The report says Abbsi's loyalists were planning to carry out a suicide bombing at a Damascus soccer stadium during a game a month ago to avenge him, but were thwarted by Syrian security.

The website of the Lebanese newspaper An Nahar reported last month that Syrian authorities had told French President Nicolas Sarkozy that they had arrested Abbsi.

www.latimes.com...

Its only a small thing compared to a war,but at least its action.
Action that is being ignored,apparantly.

So,why is it again Saudi Arabia are immune??

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Very well put.

I even think its scared Loki away.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

My Dear Madame, due to ur supposed English Lit & artsie Philo grad credentials
and the weakness of ur arguments, it is understandable that ur artsie mind would gravitate to such banal irrelevancies such as typos in my posts. Since this is level at which ur mind operates then you should be interested that in your very post, you have typed the following:

Northern Ireland is part of the UK but not Britian

------>Britian, interesting word, so u are minion of the land of brit -ee- yun?

Its funny and expected that ur penchant for hypocrisy is unfailing; I understand that ur ur inability to defend ur irrational ideas have reduced your responses to pathetic attempts to correct my typos (not surpising when u can't deal with actual ideas). I mean really, even if u have been reduced to doing this, then the least u can do is ensure that your OWN writing is flawless.

Once again when u can't answer a charge, u change the subject to something totally irrelevant. DYIL - Shooting fish in a barrel.

Oooo GREAT BRITAIN! Oh Please!
Wishful thinking and a total oxymoron.

It's a pleasure watching a has-been weakling, drug dealing and narcoterrorist nation (- remember the British crime against humanity called the Opium Wars) like urs chaff under the slow & inevitable realization that u count for nothing on this planet; ur fate is to be reduced to an irrevelant tiny rump province of a greater European State; it is inevitable and I for one am enjoying watch people like u kicking and flaying in frustration while ur psyche continues to crack up (like ur paranoia that I 'must' be the same person behind the 4 different users that have ridiculed ur irrational views).

Reply, so that I can be certain that u read this (and amused in the knowledge that you are still wasting your time
)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join