It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit - Devil's Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hey Detroit! How did Devil's Night go last night?

You guys are famous for your mischief on that night. How was it? I hope you didn't burn it down!

[edit on 31-10-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
For me it was a rather quiet evening, surprisingly quiet. Ill get the full report of any kind of shenanigans that went on overnight today when I go into work.

DETROIT (AP) — The city that used to burn on the night before Halloween as mischief-makers torched abandoned buildings has largely doused its Devil's Night by mobilizing tens of thousands of citizens and law-enforcement personnel each year to patrol city neighborhoods.

"It's unfortunate of course that we have to do this, but this is the hand we're dealt," said Luther Keith, executive director of ARISE Detroit!, a coalition of community groups hoping to keep Detroit safe from fires and vandalism around Halloween.

At its peak in 1984, 810 fires were reported in Detroit from Oct. 29 to 31, fueled by, among other things, Devil's Night's growing notoriety and the city's large number of abandoned buildings.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: Associated Press

Signs like this one were put up on abandoned buildings in and around Corktown, (a neighborhood of Detroit)

We had some interesting characters check into the hotel last night, they were going to the Hallowicked events happening. While these guests were interesting looking, I do believe that they aren't going to be much of an issue.

DETROIT (AP) — Thousands of volunteers have taken to the streets of Detroit to guard against a recurrence of the traditional Devil's Night arson spree.

So far, a spokesman for Mayor Ken Cockrel Jr. says fire reports are at or below last year's level for the two days before Halloween.

Daniel Cherrin says a "great community effort" is keeping the city safe. He says an accident, not arson, caused a house fire that killed a man and a woman Thursday night.

Detroit authorities have designated the anti-arson effort as Angels' Night. It includes a youth curfew as well as citizen patrols.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: Associated Press

Early reports indicate that it was a pretty quiet night in the city of Detroit. Course with ICP in town again this year, tonight may get a little rowdy in the hotel, but fortunately for me I don't have to work overnight.

[edit on 10/31/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
That sounded very sarcastic. And I didnt like it.

join