It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling UK/EU Members-What do the US Elections mean to Us?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Only 24 hours to go and we can all return to sanity. Sorry for my lack of enthusiasm, but US politics is difficult to find riveting and stimulating. The bias electoral system maintains the status quo -red or blue- and my intuition states it will never change.

Oh how I truly wish you were wrong about it never changing. Presumably, hope persists in the minds of those few willing to 'engage' the subject earnestly, and from 'outside' the political sub-culture and it's pro-wrestling approach to 'showmanship.'

I appreciate your not being able to get excited about another country's political tradition. I think that is as it should be. Sadly, the tendency to allow the political-class to play their ego games on the international arena make it so it does have some bearing on many people who would otherwise be insulated from the fallout.

Wish us luck. whoever wins, because it seems more and more apparent, that these are just the meat-puppets who will be in charge of marketing some smaller groups ideological agenda on an unsuspecting mass of people who just want to be free to pursue their happiness, and searching for a brighter future.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
I'd really like to think otherwise, but in all honesty I don't think it'll matter, and I don't think anything will change. Both men are products of multi-million dollar marketing campaigns.

Yes, however, with Obama, that marketing campaign was paid for by people like me with an average donation of $86 USD.

You can't say they are the same because they are being supported by much different types of people.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by mattpryor
I'd really like to think otherwise, but in all honesty I don't think it'll matter, and I don't think anything will change. Both men are products of multi-million dollar marketing campaigns.

Yes, however, with Obama, that marketing campaign was paid for by people like me with an average donation of $86 USD.

You can't say they are the same because they are being supported by much different types of people.

Appreciate your post HunkHunka as I've seen on the news here how Obama supporters sent $5 and $10 donations etc..I'm sure it all adds up.There really does seem to be enthusiam and hope amongst the US electorate that this election will bring change and better things for the people regardless of whichever candidate they are voting for.I was much impressed by people waiting four hours to vote in a queue.I don't think this has ever happened in the UK.Since there has been serious doubt over the legality of previous elections and there are dirty tricks being perpetrated in the present we can only hope that their faith will be rewarded.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Funny photos of why we will miss Dubya;
www.dailymail.co.uk...

will fish and humans still be able to live together in peace and who will lie awake at night now thinking of ways to hurt the American people.He might be criminal but atleast he gave us a good laugh at times....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join