It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China, Russia renounce the dollar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
North America Exports 130.2 Million Metric Tons of Grain

East Asia, 47.2
South America 41.5
Russia 27.6
Europe 14.8

Combined Asia, Europe, Russia and South America 131.1

Considering That, Africa, The Middle East and India are wholly Dependant, upon that food...

If we ever wanted to be really big jerks and destabilize the rest of the world, we could do it one grow season

and the situation will only go more and more in north americas favor

Because you don't need oil to buy food, you need... Biofuels, bio diesel for tractors...

and we are also the only ones who....have enough water to grow more as the worlds population grows

We have

an even bigger trade war Nuke, than we do real Nukes

except in this scenario

It's not mutually assured destruction, it's entirely one way

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

incorrect , again , china holds 400 billion securities of USA and 2 trillion dollar reserves ,

read on China 'financial nuclear option' for american financial markets and structure

haha yes 400 billion in securities that could be rendered worthless in a matter of hours.Im glad I didn't buy them

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Interestinggg]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

Russia would not Need food, no country in the first world aside from Japan Would

The BOMB would go off when

Immigrants from Africa, India and The Middle East began to flood those countries

The combined exports of the first world only match North America, if we cut off our exports

Everyone on their borders begins to starve

You either let them In

Or you shoot them down

and actually....

East Asias Exports are only

5.4 %

My numbers were off

Lets redo that

Europe 14.8
Russia 27.6
East Asia 5.4
South East Asia 14.8
South America 41.5
Rest of World 16.0

127 Combined

North America Produces More food for export than

The entirety of every nation on Earth

and that factors in South America in our back yard...

Russia has a small surplus, China has almost none (I had read figures backwards sorry)

What exactly would Russia do with what amounts to a small surplus with all of India and The Mideast starving on it's doorstep

That couldn't be too good for the Eurasian Economy could it?

Considering the amount of money China is putting in Africa and the amount of Trade with India and that The Mideast supplies all that Oil...

India and Pakistan and Nations of the Mideast have Nukes now...

Got to wonder what the results would be, particularly considering their nukes can't reach the USA

If the rest of Europe and Asia didn't fork over food?

or if one nation got some and another didn't?

NO Russia wouldn't starve, but all those trade partners would... and they'd be feeding or going to war with allot of people for that surplus...

Americans would...

Loose some ability to buy new consumer goods and luxury items...

We'd still be Fat though

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
China trade with USA is 8% of it's GDP

Lol, it's growth rate is also 8%

something they think about i'm sure

and Bio Weapons

Something to consider using I suppose when, the bulk of your population is crowded along the shore and your pop is 1.5 Billion and Bio weapons eventually infect everyone

It would be interested to see which country suffers more when that plauge comes home to China and India

both countries already, desperately short in food supply because of a trade war in America...

Yet, the whole heartland of the States is Farmland and in the end the source of it's real power

Wonder who would take the bigger population losses before all is said and done?

Bio Weapons are pretty stupid in the end aren't they?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg

Originally posted by sadchild01

incorrect , again , china holds 400 billion securities of USA and 2 trillion dollar reserves ,

read on China 'financial nuclear option' for american financial markets and structure

haha yes 400 billion in securities that could be rendered worthless in a matter of hours.Im glad I didn't buy them

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Interestinggg]

If China tried to unload all of that in an attempt to harm the US, it would receive considerably less in proceeds. $400 billion in securities is an estimate.

Threatening to commit suicide is not negotiating.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Many people are saying well be seeing the introduction of a new financial system whose backbone is a single currency. In all honesty, considering the developments within the last couple of weeks i think there could be a possibility that the world will soon run on two currencies.

Not too sure how thats economically plausible and whether or not it would be compatible with international trade (not considering national tensions). Anyways, i guess well see what happens, but there are big changes coming.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

But they don't use it do they? That's my point. Because they can't. They rely on the US to buy their goods. They never have the leverage in the first place, it's just an illusion. The US has 10 T of national debt, and apparently the us doesn't give a damn.

In fact, I dare China to use it. But they won't, it's suicidal. Sorry.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join