It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me why you ARE voting for obama?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
what is the 100% fact reasoning you are voting for obama?

I am a avid non obama supporter so i want a logical..and really political reason to vote for obama..

Change and hope will not protect me and my family in a time of crisis.
So please tell me your reasons
So unless you can change my mind i will be voting against him.

thanks for all reply's even if you are a flamer.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ok here it is,

Obama is a young man relitive to his opponent. His opponent has consistantly voted with George W Bush throughout this administration. Which we all know was a lame duck presidency.

It's amaising to me that people would support McCain now. He supported the Bush administration so much throughout Bush's terms, and now on the campaign trail McCain want's to distance himself from Bush.

A man that turns his back on a friend is someone that should never be trusted. Even if Bush is unpopular, to support him one day then turn on him the next is bad in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I voted for Obama because I agree with him on most (not all) of the issues, particularly these:

Economy
Taxes
Energy and Environment
Iraq
Women's Issues
Civil Rights
Foreign Policy
Healthcare
Veterans

I can't tell you in a few words or sound-bytes why I am voting for him. No one convinced me to vote for him and I made my own mind up about it. Certainly change and hope play a part, but only by reading and studying both his and McCain's plans could I make an educated and intelligent decision. It takes time and dedication to educate one's self, but for something this important, it's worth it.

I have no interest in you voting for Obama. You make your decision yourself in your own way. But the information contained in the links above is why I voted for him.

Oh, absolutely, whatukno! Even McCain "brags" about voting with Bush over 90% of the time in this ad, yet now is trying to make us believe he's different than Bush... I've had enough Bush.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
A man that turns his back on a friend is someone that should never be trusted.

Wonder how Rev. Jeremiah Wright feels about Mr. Obama?

I, personally, would rather vote for Crusty D. Clown than either Obama or McCain.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

Simple. There are plenty of reasons..

Not in any particular order...

Roe v Wade....

Healthcare:
The Obama plan will lower health care costs by $2,500 for a typical family by investing in health information technology, prevention and care coordination.

Obama and Biden will require coverage of preventive services, including cancer screenings, and will increase state and local preparedness for terrorist attacks and natural disasters.

* Require insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions so all Americans regardless of their health status or history can get comprehensive benefits at fair and stable premiums.
* Create a new Small Business Health Tax Credit to help small businesses provide affordable health insurance to their employees.
* Lower costs for businesses by covering a portion of the catastrophic health costs they pay in return for lower premiums for employees.
* Prevent insurers from overcharging doctors for their malpractice insurance and invest in proven strategies to reduce preventable medical errors.
* Make employer contributions more fair by requiring large employers that do not offer coverage or make a meaningful contribution to the cost of quality health coverage for their employees to contribute a percentage of payroll toward the costs of their employees health care.
* Establish a National Health Insurance Exchange with a range of private insurance options as well as a new public plan based on benefits available to members of Congress that will allow individuals and small businesses to buy affordable health coverage.
* Ensure everyone who needs it will receive a tax credit for their premiums.

The economy:
Obama and Biden will restore fairness to the tax code and provide 95 percent of working Americans the tax relief they need. They will create a new "Making Work Pay" tax credit of up to $500 per person, or $1,000 per working family.

* Provide Tax Relief for Small Businesses and Start Up Companies: Barack Obama and Joe Biden will eliminate all capital gains taxes on start-up and small businesses to encourage innovation and job creation. Obama and Biden will also support small business owners by providing a $500 “Making Work Pay” tax credit to almost every worker in America. Self-employed small business owners pay both the employee and the employer side of the payroll tax, and this measure will reduce the burdens of this double taxation.
* Create a National Network of Public-Private Business Incubators: Barack Obama and Joe Biden will support entrepreneurship and spur job growth by creating a national network of public-private business incubators. Business incubators facilitate the critical work of entrepreneurs in creating start-up companies. Obama and Biden will invest $250 million per year to increase the number and size of incubators in disadvantaged communities throughout the country.

Energy:

On the flip side. I question the character of McCain. Everyone talks about Obama's character, what about McCains. the man hired the same person who, 8 years earlier smeared the hell out of John McCain. He also hired the same man, for his campaign, who smeared his daughter as well. This has been discussed before, and if you want a link, google it.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I voted for BUSH in 2000. 8 years later, I am very sorry I did. Under Bush, I have seen the biggest privatization of government agencies. NO, the private sector is not doing a better job. Just costing more money and no one is held accountable.
See, I live in Texas, Bush's home state.
I am voting for Obama because I like what he says about the Middle Class, that is me. I hope what he is saying is real and will be done. The economy is in such a mess, I don't think anybody can straighten it out in 4 years. But I have watched this, Bush, using the war to follow through on his agenda.
At least his family's money didn't come from the nazis.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I seem to remember Obama threw a lot of friends under the bus when confronted.
So you trust him?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by whatukno

I seem to remember Obama threw a lot of friends under the bus when confronted.
So you trust him?

Any examples with proof? Or just more conjecture rhetoric that you hear on rush?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I voted this morning. Couldn't decide who was the lesser evil between the two so I wrote in Ron Paul. Its my way of delivering a message that I am dissatisfied with both candidates and want someone who will attempt to adhere to our constitution. Since my local Texas congressmen were on board with the last 7 to 8 years of record deficit spending, I voted for their opponents.

The think the only way to start a revolution is for the masses to vote in record numbers to let the politicians know we mean to take back control of the govt through our votes. So get out there and vote.

Hope my electronically cast vote does not get hacked...
Regards,

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Southcoast

Again, this isnt about ron paul, billy bob, joey boy, or billy ray. this is about why you are or did vote for obama. how hard is it to stay on topic people.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well, I'm not voting for him so maybe I shouldn't post. However, if I were to vote for him the following is why:

He has shown himself to be much more charismatic than McCain.

He says the right things (as with ever other president elected) even if he (like every other president elected) won't follow through with them.

He can relate to the average American's situation and speaks to that very well.

He is NOT for war.

I can see all of the above making the difference for many people.

McCain is a war mongerer regardless of what people what to say. He supports Bush and this administration only now to try and distance himself from and unpopular presidency.

His 'bomb bomb bomb' Iran song/sick joke is a telling statement of what he truly feels. He believes the best way to deal with foreign policy is to continue with what Bush has done. The problem is, that this benefits only the MIC and not the average person.

This is why Obama is gaining so much support.

McCain is for big business (although I'm not completely convinced that Obama isn't) and that is always bad news for the average citizen.

So, even though I won't be voting for him, I can see WHY others are.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Becuz im Tired of voting for old white man that dont give a flying fuk about noone but themselves. Why in the hell would you vote for someone who just like bush. The maverick? What the hell this isnt some Mel Gibson movie this is real life. Also Sarah Palin is 1 of the most airhead bitches iI ever seen that bitch dnt need the nuke codes, She need to go back to Alaska An read ALL the newspapers she cant name.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I voted for Obama because:

- I couldn't write in Ron Paul without wasting my vote (it wouldn't count in my state)

- I believe it was the only way to vote AGAINST McCain (voting for Chuck or Bob would have helped McCain's chances)

- I absolutely believe that lots of votes for Obama will be lost/changed/erased/ignored/etc. Perhaps my vote for Obama will offset the "loss" of someone else's.

- I will forever do anything in my power to annoy/fight the Bush-ites and McCainiacs, even if that means voting for someone I don't believe in, like Obama and Biden.

All that being said, I still didn't feel good about voting for Obama, but I felt damn good about voting against McCain.

Here's hoping Ron Paul runs, or at least announces himself a a write-in candidate in 2012.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by scientist]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
No way in hell I would ever vote for Obama or his racist wife. The only reason why I would ever be caught dead voting for the man is if I were dead or unconcious and someone had dragged my body to the voting booth and was manipulating my hands on the buttons.

I disagree with him on basically ALL of the issues except the environment.

Lol, its amusing to see the desperation. It must feel horrible for such a bitter sentiment, to know that Obama will win.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by scotty18

Mr. common knowledge, and his uncle captain obvious. That and I will be proven right.

Wow, you are excellent at providing non-answers when a simple, intelligent answer would suffice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join