It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Powers for FBI style police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
New powers to be given to an elite FBI style police force are being outlined in a drive against organised crime.

Monday's plans include a national witness protection scheme and formal deals with gang members. They could also allow use of phone tap evidence.

The Serious and Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) is being set up to target organised gangs and "Mr Bigs".

Home Secretary David Blunkett said the "scourge" of organised crime was now massive and had to be confronted.

Story

So....what say u?

Think this is the way to go or do u think we should take things slowly and make sure there is no other possible way of dealing with this?

AND....who is running it???

Gryff

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
one of u guys wanna delete this?

probably been done b4

ta

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Riiiight. There are so many new organizations and JTF's (Joint Task Forces) being commissioned nowadays, that it is unreal. There is nothing conspiracy about it all. It is being implemented to protect the USA and it's assets from terrorism and activities contrary to the laws and regulations set forth by Congress. That is all. Don't worry yourself over these things. They are all here for the greater good, believe me.

By the way, these organizations fall underneath the Department of Homeland Security.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If u had actually bothered to read the post link then u would know it was about the squad in the UK!!!

why the hell do i bother

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen

why the hell do i bother

I feel that!! I get so frutrated with some of he lazy people.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
They said there going for the big hitters in the crime world on the news but to be honest thelly never stop it completely. And I think setting up a new FBI style force is a waste of our tax cash. Why not get more police train them and put them in the dedicated task force that already exhists "catch these big crime lords"

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I seem to remember a group, based on the US SWAT teams being created in the late 80's. I think it ended up being called the Tactical Support Group, but rumours state that its original name was the Fast Action Response Team.

But I think thats probably just an urban myth.

top topics

join