It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Waste Your Vote on Obama or McCain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Don't waste your vote on Obama or McCain. Make a statement by voting for somebody else. Anybody else. If even 10% of us did that, we would have their complete attention because that is enough to control an election.

Elections are decided by under 5% normally. Don't ever think you have to vote for one of the big two too matter. That is what they want you to beleive. If your State won't let you vote for a write-in, demand they do it next time. Scream until they cave in.

I started out for Obama, I switched to McCain and then I woke up. If just a few percent of us woke up we would realize that the names on the ballot are the worst choices possible. There will be no "Change", there is no savior. Change is what every politician in every election promises. They know what suckers we are.

[edit on 10/29/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

no thanks. im voting to make a difference. im voting for obama

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I voted for Bob Barr. (L)

I love Ron Paul too... but I felt it was more important to help get 3rd parties recognition.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Congratulations
You broke out of the box and the programming.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

From your posts, who would have ever guessed? Do what you must.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

i totally agree with you. and i plan on doing the same. i am so tired of hearing" well i'm voting for the lesser of two evils" we still do this because we as a whole accept that we can only choose between the 2 they give us. every ballot in the US is supposed to have a write in section, they do not. so i choose to vote for real change!! not the ones they feed us.

edited to add: i just wanted to add the "i'm voting to make a difference, i'm voting Obama" made me laugh. thanks i needed a chuckle.
also please understand this is only my opinion.

[edit on 10/29/2008 by keeff]

[edit on 10/29/2008 by keeff]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Those two you mentioned are both on my list. I'm a hopeless last minute voter. I'm also thinking of who I would like to see run that has not run.

I'm tired of feeling pressured to vote for one of two people when I don't agree with either. I'm sick of being told that I will waste my vote if I don't.

I'm mad as Dave Rabbit and I won't take it anymore

This joint is full of threads for those who go for the big two. I just do not like either Candidate.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

It was a tough decision between them but they had almost the same platform. In the end I felt that it was more important to advance those particular values and multi-party system, than to vote for Dr. Paul.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Haha, thanks for the laugh, i needed it! That was unexpectedly funny.

I haven't voted yet but i will be voting for Bob Barr as well. I was going to write in Ron Paul but I'll stick to the ballot

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Here's a little quote I like to think of in times like these:

"Voting for the lesser of two evils.... means you are still voting for evil"

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Bob Barr So far. I may change my mind, but I doubt it.

Paul is on the Ballot in a couple of states. Louisiana, and Montana.
He is also a valid write-in, in California.

there are no write-ins in Nevada, so even though he beat McCain in the Primary, Paul is not an option here at all.

So, Bob Barr it is.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Wow, had to find my thread

I think there are lots of us on ATS. I know when I try to get into discussions people will not accept I'm neither Democrat or Republican, they are so programmed. Most label me Far Right because I have Moderate views.

I understand that the largest group of voters are Independents and it stinks we are not represented. I think the truth is in the middle somewhere but we are mostly stuck with Candidates married to either the Far Right or the Far Left.

Our only hope is to start refusing to vote for people who don't represent us and to make our wishes known by voting for someone else entirely. Imagine what that would do to their polls.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

That really ticks me off that some States limit who you can vote for. I think the only answer is for the residents to scream until they concede.

Perot came close to changing things. Too bad he turned out the way he did. I'm still not sure he was not telling the truth about the harassment but he should have kept his mouth shut. Even if he was a bad choice it would have been an important step to opening up more choices.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Yep, I will as well. Third party candidates need all the help we can give them at this point. We absolutely, positively need to make the third party option a viable one.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The only way to really make your vote count is to elevate the third parties. You know that they will lose this time, but they will never achieve prominence unless we build their support.

I will be voting Libertarian.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gullychief
Here's a little quote I like to think of in times like these:

"Voting for the lesser of two evils.... means you are still voting for evil"

I'm fond of that one too. Sad it rings so true though.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

As I grow older the Libertarians seem closer to my views than the other choices. That is likely what I'll decide to do while in line. I always struggle with myself until I actually cast my vote. I'm the guy who you see in the video store walking around for an hour because he can't make up his mind.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm already ahead of you. I voted at the ATS website during school today for Ralph Nader. Too bad I am 17. And also too bad there are so many people out there who are choosing who they think to be the lesser of two evils to make a difference when they could vote for non-demo-crap AND non-retard-ican.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I dont see the purpose of voting anymore. The elections are rigged. Barack Obama (manipulative hynotizing public speaker) or old old hotel Hanoi man (John McCain).

Hmm, so many good choices...

I most certainly will not contribute my vote to dumb or dumber.

From my experience, people vote for their golden boy, only to become disappointed 3 weeks later with their poor performance.

Because non-voters are "ones who do not contribute to society".

I will not contribute to society, so I vote for:
VOTE CAPTAIN MORGAN!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join