It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween Sky Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Happy Halloween Everyone!

Hope you enjoy this link/pic!

On Oct. 31st, the crescent Moon will sneak up on Venus for a close encounter of startling beauty. The gathering is best seen just after sunset when the twilight is pumpkin-orange and Halloween doorbells are chiming in earnest. Venus hovers just above the southwestern horizon, the brightest light in the sky, while the exquisitely slender Moon approaches just a few degrees below

One night later, you can give the sequel your undivided attention. On Nov. 1st, Venus and the Moon emerge from the twilight side-by-side, Venus on the right, the Moon on the left. Look carefully at the Moon. Can you see a ghostly image of the full Moon inside the bright horns of the crescent? That’s called "Earthshine" or sometimes "the da Vinci glow" because Leonardo da Vinci was the first person to explain it: Sunlight hits Earth and ricochets to the Moon, casting a sheen of light across the dark lunar terrain. A crescent Moon with Earthshine is one of the loveliest sights in the heavens.

See the link for more information about the lineup of planets in December. Promising to be even more spectacular than Halloween!

...trick or treat?...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
May I be the first mad hat cat to shout; "chemtrails"!?

nice pic indeed, happy Halloween.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Awesome. Lovely pic. I just love sky shows.

Happy Halloween and happy sky watching!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
and can i be the first nutter to scream.....LOOK OUT ITS PLANET X!!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Glad you like it - beautiful stuff that huh.
Hope to find a pic of the planets positioned up close like the report says will occur in Dec.

...trick or treat...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Neilc1972

LOL @ Planet X!

*Takes a peek out my door*

Nope not dark enough yet!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks for the info! This year, as with last, I'll be offering a peek at the planets through my telescope along with the candy. Always fun to inspire kids, and sometimes it even inspires the parents!

top topics

join